Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone, I'm new here. Had surgery last Monday 7/16. So this is day 6... i noticed yesterday and today--i feel extremely exhausted, like i could lay in bed most of the day. Is this normal?

Totally normal! You’re body is healing. Take this as a sign to rest, rest and rest!

I was like this for at least 3 weeks. Take a nap :)

Ditto. 3 days post-op and I feel weak, dizzy, tired. I just take a nap. Body's gotta do its thing. I try to up the Protein g tally each day also - body needs the protein to heal.

Your body is still healing, it needs some time to adjust.

I had my surgery on 7/16... feel the same way. Super tired.

I had surgery on July 10th and nap every day. I return to work Tuesday but I work from home thank goodness so I’ll be able to nap at lunch time. Totally normal.

100% normal- you’re also probably ingesting about 200-300 calories a day which is a total change for how your body is going to fuel itself. Rest and recooperate, trying to walk around the block if you can, then come back and rest again.

I've noticed that when I'm not getting adequate fluids, I'm more fatigued. Today was particularly bad and I think it's been because it's been so hot. I went through a couple of hours of very intense rehydration and I'm feeling a little better now.

I've noticed that when I'm not getting adequate fluids, I'm more fatigued. Today was particularly bad and I think it's been because it's been so hot. I went through a couple of hours of very intense rehydration and I'm feeling a little better now.
Hello Lisa, fatigue can be brutle at the beginning figuring out how to eat and how to get enough to drink and still have that time lapse you need in between. It gets better, keep sipping [emoji5] I am 2 years post bypass surgery...I started at 224 and I'm at 140 now... I still struggle at times with taking an hour break after I eat before I drink again. I stop beating myself up about it a long time ago though and just do my best. I feel very healthy.
I wish you luck with your journey.

Sent from my LG-H872 using BariatricPal mobile app

4 hours ago, Pup said:

Hello Lisa, fatigue can be brutle at the beginning figuring out how to eat and how to get enough to drink and still have that time lapse you need in between. It gets better, keep sipping I am 2 years post bypass surgery...I started at 224 and I'm at 140 now... I still struggle at times with taking an hour break after I eat before I drink again. I stop beating myself up about it a long time ago though and just do my best. I feel very healthy.
I wish you luck with your journey.

Sent from my LG-H872 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you, Pup!! That's a very encouraging post! Congrats on your amazing journey!!

Completely normal. Your body is healing, and also learning how to run off fat stores. I go through this still at times. Usually when I notice I'm dropping substantial weight again, I start becoming very tired.

I had surgery 7/10, today was one of the first days I had real, sustained energy. Cleaned the house, purged the kids toys, etc. It takes time

Completely normal. I took two naps a day and slept 8-10 hrs a night for the first week after my surgery. Your body needs to rest.

This was going to be one of my questions. I had my surgery on July 9th and joined the group today. I tookk 1 week off, worked from home for a week, and I'm back in the office this week. I made it through yesterday okay, but feel completely exhausted today. Yesterday was two weeks from my surgery and I'm wondering if I tried to jump back in too fast.

Hi surgery twin! I also had my sleeve surgery on 7/16 and I was wondering the same thing, I seem to be able to get through just a few activities a day, shower, short walk and making my meals (shakes) before I need to go back to bed. I was wondering if this was normal because I know some people go back to work after 1 week and i can't even get through the morning without needing to lay down. I talked to my doctor's nurse yesterday and she said it's all totally normal. Our bodies are going through A LOT! and I know it's hard but we have to be patient (not something I'm good at with myself). I hope we both feel better soon!

Edited by Rileyjay1821