Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Morning, I am 3 days post op and I’m having really bad cramping. It that normal? Also I feel really nauseous but nothing comes up except saliva . Is there anything I can do make this feeling go away...

I’m 2 day’s post-op and feeling very much the same 😔

Walking, Water and Time

Stay hydrated and walk as often as you can. The motion from walking helps to move the trapped air out and promotes healing.

I will continue to walk hopefully it will help and go away soon. Thanks

2 hours ago, Sioc said:

Morning, I am 3 days post op and I’m having really bad cramping. It that normal? Also I feel really nauseous but nothing comes up except saliva . Is there anything I can do make this feeling go away...

Go to sleep.....

Try hot Water - helps relax your esophagus etc. hope you start to feel better. May take 4/5 days

Thanks will try that

All very normal. The cramps were so bad for me the first week home that it woke me up at night. Everyone’s given great advice. Just follow it. You’ll feel better soon. :)

The saliva is what is known as 'the foamies' or 'slimes' and totally normal phase - it will subside over the next few weeks. It can also happen when you take one too many bites and your stomach wants to 'reject' that bite.

Alternate warmed liquids w sugar free popsicles.

Would it be ok to use peppermint tea? I’ve found for myself in the past, peppermint is soothing to my stomach. Surgery date 8-22. Love all the experiences, tips and encouragement on here!! Thanks to all.

The first 36 hours after my surgery I was so nauseous. But they gave me some meds and something for my sinus headache. The next day was totally different. Night and day.

Along wit the nausea I sometimes dry heave and it hurts super bad. Is that normal this early after surgery’s I had my surgery last Wednesday and while I was in the hospital I didn’t have any of these happening.

20 hours ago, Sioc said:

Speak with your doctor about a prescription for sublingual Hyoscyamine (Levsin). It's for post-op esophageal spasms which resemble cramping. It has been a wonder drug for me. I've noticed a few posters with the same problem and am curious why Levsin wasn't prescribed prn by their doctors (though I don't know their medical history). My doctor is very thorough and had me fill prescriptions prior to surgery (from Lovenox to Levsin and more) to be as ready as possible for discomfort.

Thanks will look into that

P.S. And don't forget to use your spirometer in addition to walking and hydration!