Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is so hard

I'm 4 days out and I have pain also on the left side (lower abdomen) not really sure why? I've only been able to drink (sip) one ounce every 15 minutes when I'm awake and I've been walking around the house every couple of hours. Could the pain be from sleeping on my side? I wasn't able to the first couple of nights, but the last couple of night I have slept part of the night on one side or the other. I only feel the pain when I sit up, get in/out bed, lay flat, and try to bend over. I just want to know if that's normal?

2 hours ago, zaid said:

Both it's hard to explain. Most time it hurts outside. If I'm walking for to long or getting up and sitting back down to fast or to much. Inside it hurts if I'm sitting to long or laying down a little more on either side. It's really hard to explain.

I really hope this doesn't discourage you. Every body heals different and many people are saying better things

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks for the clarification just preparing my mind for either way. Hopefully the latter and it be good like most after 3-5 days geez I hope. But like I said I have to get my approval first. Again thanks and I pray that you start to feel better and become apart of that BIGGEST LOSER club like everyone else I can't wait until I join in a good way BEING A LOSER is not a bad thing when it comes to better health.

I'm 4 days out and I have pain also on the left side (lower abdomen) not really sure why? I've only been able to drink (sip) one ounce every 15 minutes when I'm awake and I've been walking around the house every couple of hours. Could the pain be from sleeping on my side? I wasn't able to the first couple of nights, but the last couple of night I have slept part of the night on one side or the other. I only feel the pain when I sit up, get in/out bed, lay flat, and try to bend over. I just want to know if that's normal?
I havent been able to sleep on my side but when I sit down and I'm leaning a little more on either side I feel pain. I cant bend down...it hurts to much. Not sure if this help. Maybe others can give you a better answer.

16 hours ago, zaid said:

It's been 5 days since my surgery. Second day sleeping at home. It is now 1:28am, last night it was 4:30am and I still had no sleep. I'm in so much pain! What have I done to myself? I'm on a strict diet, only Water and Gatorade. I'm so mad!! It hurts to drink. Why are they forcing me to drink. I'm starving, my stomach is asking for food. I can't eat normal anymore. What have I done? I'm so mad. I just want to sleep. My family don't understand the pain. I need my medicine, "it's 1am, just go to sleep". I can't!! Doctor recommended walking, okay, let's go. I can't walk to far without feeling like my stitches are ripping. "Keep going", they say "Walk further." I know my family means well and I'm trying. I'm really trying. Some times I push through the pain. I do what I'm ask. But then there's time like today, where I'm just so frustrated with myself, with the pain, with only wanting to sleep. Did I make the right decision? Can I go back in time? I just want to press forward...skip through this frustration...feel me again

Whoa! Slow down friend. Time seemed to go by slowly for me to when I was recovering but be patient & follow the plan. You’ll be enjoying yourself more & more with each passing day. Stay the course & all will be well!

Thanks for the clarification just preparing my mind for either way. Hopefully the latter and it be good like most after 3-5 days geez I hope. But like I said I have to get my approval first. Again thanks and I pray that you start to feel better and become apart of that BIGGEST LOSER club like everyone else I can't wait until I join in a good way BEING A LOSER is not a bad thing when it comes to better health.
Yes!!! Thank you and I wish you luck and also will be praying that your recovery will not be as painful!

Whoa! Slow down friend. Time seemed to go by slowly for me to when I was recovering but be patient & follow the plan. You’ll be enjoying yourself more & more with each passing day. Stay the course & all will be well!
Thank you!!!

The Levsin helped me a lot. Also, it's normal to be sore for a while. Think of all the muscles they had to poke through to get the laparoscope into your abdomen. It will lessen day by day and some days may be worse than others. The first week was definitely the worst and then I saw slow and steady improvement.

I feel for you, stay positive. Know there is much support for you!!!!! Some ppl think this is the easy way to lose weight/get fit whatever you want to call it. Its far from easy so they are wrong and don't understand. You have to push the fluids to stay hydrated. You don't want the jitters etc. With that said, i am on day 6 post op and feel good so I can't say I understand what you're going through but I feel for ya!!!!! With anything in life, sometimes it has to get harder before things get easier.

Hang in there and it will get better. A few days out, I was vomiting blood and shared your sentiments. I was pretty miserable for the first week or so. I know it’s essier said than done but keep focused, stay the course and all will be well in the long run. Best of luck!

Yes @ Summer Essence on here Being a Loser is a compliment along with You're half The Person you Used To Be. Here Less Weight. means something Good, not bad.

I’ve read on here that some people slept on a recliner the first few days. Maybe that will help!
It will all be alright soon!!

I am five days out and felt so much like you do... up until day four when I got my hydration up and got off the painkillers. It will get better soon. I’m sure I will still have bumps in my road (like I think I caught a cold in the hospital! Grrr). But- I have gotten so much better- I just focused on trying to get the Fluid goal in and sipped, sipped, sipped ice Water. Also- TMI question, but have you had a BM yet? That helps a lot of people feel a bit better....

I was d/ced with Levsin, Its a medication that helps with cramping and spasms. It works. See if you can get some of those and be sure to stay on top of your pain meds. Once you go over a certain point its hard to get the pain back under control. I know you are sick of hearing this, but keep walking and sipping. Keep doing it. It will help and you will start to feel better, I promise. Hugs to you - you are already over the hardest part! Keep your head up girl!

As some others said, I also couldn't sleep lying flat for a while after surgery. It was VERY uncomfortable for me. I ended up sleeping as much as I could just sitting up on my couch. I, unfortunately, don't have a recliner. Drinking was very uncomfortable for me at first too. Then, I changed the way that I drank, and that helped. Try actually pouring the Water in your mouth, instead of sipping. This will help keep the air from getting to your new stomach. This isn't an issue now, but it was right after surgery. Again, like most have mentioned, I have no regrets. Yes, it was difficult at first, but once you get past the first month, it gets so much better.

@Zaid..in due time it really does get better. Its easier being told that when its not you..but your position has been thousands of us who had the sleeve so we are telling you from true honest experience. If your body says sleep...you sleep..the adjustments of everything will line up as you gradually heal. Ask the Lord to strengthen you and continue to heal you along the way...as I always say..HE DIDN'T BRING US THIS FAR TO LEAVE US..as we asked him to make this surgery possible from day one..we must ask him to guide us through the entire process. Don't share your emotions or pain level with any one who isn't going to encourage you..including family. We all have a regret in somewhere from this process but it only surface when we are going through the pain the hunger the stall etc. But overall...you will heal you will see the weight coming off you will be able to walk exercises etc..just let the process take it's own course as you follow the rules.