Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had my vsg surgery on July 10th. I have been feeling super emotional about drinking/eating and I guess I'm writing this post because I just want to not feel alone. It hurts so much to drink that I don't want to drink anything. Everybody around me keeps getting on me about my fluids/protein intake and I know it's because they care about me and my health but it's really starting to get annoying because they don't understand how much pain I'm in. At this point I rather not drink or eat anything all day even though I know it's bad for me. Did anybody else go through this? Please tell me it gets better and that this is just for a while. I'm in tears almost everyday because I'm so frustrated and I'm starting to have negative feelings and regrets about my surgery.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey there. I had my sleeve on the 10th also. I am not having much pain with drinking but I am nauseous and threw up the last couple of days. I am pretty emotional too. I feel like no one around me understands what I am going through. I just had a part of me removed and I’ll never eat normally, like the rest of the gang, again. I am sad and even a bit angry. Try to hang in there. If you are at the point where you may become dehydrated please speak with your doctor. I’m here and I’m listening. Keep in touch.

All you can do is your best. Keep pushing yourself when you can but also rest and take care of yourself. Fluids are still my biggest nemesis. So hard to reach my daily goal for fluids. Protein is a little easier because I add the powder to just about anything I drink. It gets better!

It gets better around week 3! Try hot Water or Decaf teas... it helped me when I had that type of pain drinking. (Or alkaline water). I’m at 7 months and had zero pain after month 1 with fluids

Good luck!

Tiny sips was key for me. So small I felt it was absurd. I had surgery on the 12th and by 7 days post op I was almost 100% clear of the pain. Take it easy but don't give up, It will get better.

omg sugar free popsickles are a lifesaver

had surgery last monday 7/16 and i feel i'm a little emotional too like pms emotional hahaha but i'm not pms-ing. And I'm not really emotional about eating or anything in general its just there.......