Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And sweetness is our bugaboo. Our mother's milk is sweet , goodness,knows prepared formulas are. And I am cursed even more than average, you see I was born at the end of the Second World War, our parents had lived through Depression. a scant,decade before, when people.scarcely had enough to eat. And now a fat chubby cheeked baby was very desirable. And my poor Mama, bless her❤, was only following her doctor and the medical community of that times advice. She was nursing me, after every feeding she was to give,me a 8oz bottle of sweet Carnation Milk formula, and she was good little compliant woman. I had the chubby apple cheeks,arms and legs with dimpled folds, and I grew and grew. Hurray, Hurray for Aleta, look what a good job she's doing. This is one baby that won't starve to death, this one's a keeper. At one year of age I was 36 inches tall and weighed 35 lb. Somehow I learned to lurch around well enough to be walking by Thanksgiving, I was a December baby, but I was BIG. According to many,up-to-date charts that's the size a typical 2 and half year old is supposed to be. An old 60-70 song goes "Born To Be Wild" well I was Born to be Fat! Those fat cells were laid down EARLY! Oh I will slimify, but it's like pushing a 150 pound boulder up a steep hill, if I pause for just a second it's going roll back on top of me and crush me. And I will become an Flattened Frustr8 and there is NO market for that! So above poster is correct; IGNORANCE IS FAT and plenty of it,and now I am living proof of what misinformation can do. 5ft8in down from a youthful high of 6 feet, 320+ lbs, no healthy 72 year old is supposed to be that size! And thanks to the miracles of modern medical science and a future RnY bypass, I have a chance not to be that size ANYMORE! And I am going to rock it until my size subsides or I fall over the edge into oblivion. Just watch, baribads. just watch!😝👍❤

On 7/19/2018 at 11:53 AM, Matt Z said:

Every doctor / nutritionist is different, so don't be shocked if you get a totally different answer from them LOL

The nutritionist today said that fruits with no added sugar are allowed, but to try to keep to the ones with less carbs total, like berries. And she also said that she wished that the nutrition labels split out the natural sugars with the added sugars.

36 minutes ago, macadamia said:

And she also said that she wished that the nutrition labels split out the natural sugars with the added sugars.

that would be ideal!

Might be better to get some plain Greek yogurt (I like FAGE but there are many) and just add your own non sugar sweetener of choice (Splenda, stevia) or DaVinci Syrup. Also, since the berries have natural sugar maybe you don't even need sweetener in the yogurt. Most dairy is going to have some natural sugar (lactose) but if you see sugar, corn syrup, dehydrated cane juice :rolleyes: or anything else fishy it is best to pick something else.

Not sure about why the Premier Protein shake is in there. 43G of Protein seems a little high for 1 meal in my opinion. And 49 carbs is also a little steep. I would be starving in a couple of hours after that burned off....

Edited by MIZ60

9 hours ago, MIZ60 said:

Might be better to get some plain Greek yogurt (I like FAGE but there are many) and just add your own non sugar sweetener of choice (Splenda, stevia) or DaVinci Syrup. Also, since the berries have natural sugar maybe you don't even need sweetener in the yogurt. Most dairy is going to have some natural sugar (lactose) but if you see sugar, corn Syrup, dehydrated cane juice :rolleyes: or anything else fishy it is best to pick something else.

Not sure about why the Premier Protein shake is in there. 43G of Protein seems a little high for 1 meal in my opinion. And 49 carbs is also a little steep. I would be starving in a couple of hours after that burned off....

A little high as in my math is off or it is too much? My math is correct...

7 hours ago, macadamia said:

A little high as in my math is off or it is too much? My math is correct...

A little too high in carbs and Protein for 1 meal --I understand you are preop but 49 carbs is more than many people eat in a whole day. My preop diet was about 25-30 carbs per day and I really do not eat more than that almost 3 months later. Protein during preop phase for me was about 100-110G per day but quite a bit less now.