Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been stalled for awhile now

Something is just not right. Here I am at 2 months, 1 week and 3 days and I have only lost 20 pounds. There is something very wrong with this picture. Anyone have any thoughts I would appreciate your input.

Just now, Tealael said:

How much was anticipated by this point?

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 169

What do you mean by me or the Dr? I started out with a low BMI of 35.4 I was 261 pounds on my surgery day. I am now at 241.

What do you mean by me or the Dr? I started out with a low BMI of 35.4 I was 261 pounds on my surgery day. I am now at 241.
By the Surgeon, did they give you any figures or ideas of where they would like to see you by this point?

Sleeve.

I think you should reach out to your team for clarity and ask where you could be weight wise. People with lower BMIs tend to lose slower and at lower rates and not everyone will lose all the weight they plan.

@Creekimp always has helpful info on this as her team prepared her VERY well about rate of loss etc

okay, so I am can understand why you are frustrated, nobody removes most of their stomach for 20 lousy pounds. So I get it. But I think 50 pounds in two months is rather ambitious, I am 12 weeks tomorrow and I have only lost 55 pounds. I also started at a much higher BMI than you.

My program said to expect 8-12 pounds a month. So if you are looking at that, you are really not that off. Still I would try to talk to your nutritionist and go over your diet, see if anything is slowing you down.

54 minutes ago, apositivelife4me said:

OK, lower starting weights make it harder to lose the overall. Since no one can predict EXACTLY what you will lose this following statement is just absurd.

50 minutes ago, apositivelife4me said:

No they didnt. I should have lost 50 pounds by now.

There is no "set" amount you should lose, anyone that told you that, even your doctors, are just guessing. Check out this page and see what your average lose expectancies are. Since you don't have your height listed I can't figure it out for you.

https://www.obesitycoverage.com/weight-loss-surgeries/gastric-sleeve/gastric-sleeves-how-much-weight-will-i-lose

That said. Stalls happen. Are you tracking your intake and burn? Is your intake lower than your burn? Are you tracking fat % or just weight? If you are just tracking weight, this is only 1 part of the whole picture and ***IS NOT*** the end all for WLS. Even though it's called "Weight Loss Surgery" Fat loss is actually just as important, if not more important overall.

Are you hitting your Water intake goals? If not, that's a problem. The human body needs water to process and eliminate fat, if you aren't giving it enough water to meet it's daily needs, plus extra for fat processing... it's just not going to process fat as efficiently as it could.

Are you exercising? Daily? In addition to your normal activity?

Edited by Matt Z

I just started drinking warm Water instead of ice cold water which I was not able to drink much of. I am lifting weights at the gym 4 times a week. I am 6ft talk and 0 inches. Thank you so much Matt for your reply. You are always very wise in your replies.

I just started drinking warm Water instead of ice cold Water which I was not able to drink much of. I am lifting weights at the gym 4 times a week. I am 6ft talk and 0 inches. Thank you so much Matt for your reply. You are always very wise in your replies.

If you are heavy lifting, you may be putting on more muscle mass causing the stall ,perhaps Matt can confirm, same thing happened to me when I started weight training. You may want to check out the guys room forum for more specialized info on that

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

Thank you Tea

NP and if that is the case take body measurements, notice the reshaping of your physique, tone of your muscles,texture of your skin etc as indictors of change (not just loss of weight) and muscle burns calories while in a state of rest, and men's bodies reshape differently after wls. Only month 2, you got this! If really worried, contact your team...

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167