Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone so I’ve been really depressed because my weight has only gone down 60 pounds I started at 330 and now 269 (it’s been a year) and I don’t know what to do I’ve tried Keto and fasting ... exercise is a bit tough because I always start off strong and lack later on. I don’t know if im just comparing myself to everyone else’s journey and weight loss and my mind is strictly on losing so I’m stuck. I just feel like a disappointment to myself and my parents. I got the surgery at 18 and I’m now 19 and I feel like a failure . Please please please help .. oh and any workout routine suggestions will help !

First of all, 61 pounds is like the size of an average 7-8 year old so I think that is great that you have lost that much. Think about where you might be now if you did not do the surgery AND JUST KEEP GOING. You are not a failure...a failure would be to have GAINED 61 pounds since surgery.

If you have a diet plan from a nutritionist it would be best to follow that. My plan stresses Protein first, then vegetables and fruits and small amounts of fats and other carbs. Three meals a day and no Snacks. At least 80 ounces of calorie free liquids a day. Other plans are different but they all work. Log all your food and figure out where you need to be for consistent losses.

Exercise can vary depending on what you like. I walk with my husband and dog about 1 3/4 miles every morning at a park next to our house. I also do some free weights for arms/shoulders/back. I love Tae-Bo and will be getting the discs out when I am a little further along. I have friends that run, bike, swim or go to group classes like Zumba or Jazzercise which would be fun for someone your age. Just try to do something daily, work up to 60 minutes most days of the week. Put on your favorite music and dance until you work up a good sweat might be a start.

Spend time on here and find some people you can relate to and just jump in. Try to post at least one positive thing about yourself daily and encourage others. This is a very supportive and fun community.

ok music i'll take a stab at it. You don't mention medical conditions or meds so i will assume you dont have either issue.

1. hydrate - Water water water - zero soda even the fake sugar ****

2. Protein

3. veggies - green first followed by a mix of other colors

4. no added sugar - none at all - the closer you work towards this the easier it will get

5. no processed carbs. you dont eat from the middle isles of the store, only from the 3 walls.

6. no fruit if you are stalled

7. no snacking after dinner - nothing but water

8. if your exercise does not leave you a wet mess just like your first week you are doing it wrong.

work out in a fasted state for more fat burning. resistance training first to burn down blood sugar then treadmill

Do with this what you want but you did ask. Nobody starts here it is what you work towards week by week.

it will not happen fast you have to keep it up for several months to get results.

good luck

4 hours ago, allwet said:

5. no processed carbs. you dont eat from the middle isles of the store, only from the 3 walls.

What a GREAT description!! I love this. Three walls! Fresh fruit. meat, fish, salads. And dairy - milk, yoghurt, cheese.

THAT is a rule I can live with. Sure - buy a quick lunch on the go - but from the treee walls.....

@musicislyfe - you never post a day of eating or anything except the cry for help. We can't help w/o more information from you - so get back on the forum and spill it!!!!

Do you food journal? Do you see a nutritionist regularly - if not, why not? Do you use an app on your phone to track food intake - if not download one right now - Baritastic or myfitnesspal are free.

Do you have a gym membership, or at least sign up for a class or two, or hire a trainer from the gym to design a workout that you will commit to. Buy a bicycle, take up martial arts, join a hiking club, take dance lessons. Buy a fitbit and track your steps - build up the numbers every week.

Learn to cook and shop for food. You are young, so I assume you live at home and your mom cooks - but you need to learn how to do this so you can be the one responsible for your journey yourself.

Have you let slider foods back in, drinking sodas, more treats than vegetables, poor choices when eating out, having trouble resisting when you are around your friends? These are all things that you need to PLAN for - make a plan ahead of time, have a conversation with yourself about how you will handle these situations in order to succeed with getting to goal.

This journey is not linear, there will be losses, and stalls, a pound up, then 3 down, a stall, then 5 down, then 1 down, etc. You can do this, but it will always be work and there is no magic involved. Just the magic of you!!!

Hey everyone so I’ve been really depressed because my weight has only gone down 60 pounds I started at 330 and now 269 (it’s been a year) and I don’t know what to do I’ve tried Keto and fasting ... exercise is a bit tough because I always start off strong and lack later on. I don’t know if im just comparing myself to everyone else’s journey and weight loss and my mind is strictly on losing so I’m stuck. I just feel like a disappointment to myself and my parents. I got the surgery at 18 and I’m now 19 and I feel like a failure . Please please please help .. oh and any workout routine suggestions will help !

What are you eating

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 169

Thank you all for everything I will definitely be doing better ! They way my life situation is I’m at home doing house stuff and caring for my younger sibling . I do most of the cooking and if I’m not preoccupied with her I like going for walks with my pups but that’s here and there. I will definitely take it one day at a time and keep pushing !

16 minutes ago, musicislyfe said:

Thank you all for everything I will definitely be doing better ! They way my life situation is I’m at home doing house stuff and caring for my younger sibling . I do most of the cooking and if I’m not preoccupied with her I like going for walks with my pups but that’s here and there. I will definitely take it one day at a time and keep pushing !

But you haven't bothered to answer any of the questions asked of you.

What type of foods are you preparing, can your sibling exercise with you (make it seem like playtime etc)?

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

Hi,

There have been a number of great suggestions already. For me personally, I make sure to get at least five days of solid exercise per week. I switch up between the gym and going outside for walks that are anywhere from 3 to 6 miles. Depends on how much time I have in the morning because that's when I like to exercise to make sure it's done.

On the occasion where I can't fit exercise in during the morning, I make sure to hit the gym in the evening or at night. Planet Fitness in my area is open 24 hours a day, and I have been there at 11pm and at midnight to nearly 1am to make sure that I get my exercise in. That's how committed I am to this whole process.

I understand that this surgery was just a boost to get me going, but would not be the panacea for the life long fight. I have cooked more in the last five months than I have probably in the last five years! I tend to do stir fries so that I can incorporate my Proteins and veggies all in one shot. I generally have enough left over for my lunch and dinner the next day.

That said, I am not the perfect eater. However, I'm consistent most of the times, and when I do go off the rails, it generally is not too bad. Exercise helps to balance the scale to some degree. I don't think I would have had the success that I've had to date without a strong commitment to exercise.

Best of luck!

But you haven't bothered to answer any of the questions asked of you.

Yes I do food journal, I have this app on my phone, I don’t currently have a nutritionist.. I did but around the surgery time she wasn’t my set person so no. I did let slide foods back in but I’ve been doing better with little to no carbs even though I reward my self here and there and also temptationcan be hard but I push through. Don’t really have friends well in town at least ( everyone in college or lost contact from high school) [emoji1474]

Hi,
There have been a number of great suggestions already. For me personally, I make sure to get at least five days of solid exercise per week. I switch up between the gym and going outside for walks that are anywhere from 3 to 6 miles. Depends on how much time I have in the morning because that's when I like to exercise to make sure it's done.
On the occasion where I can't fit exercise in during the morning, I make sure to hit the gym in the evening or at night. Planet Fitness in my area is open 24 hours a day, and I have been there at 11pm and at midnight to nearly 1am to make sure that I get my exercise in. That's how committed I am to this whole process.
I understand that this surgery was just a boost to get me going, but would not be the panacea for the life long fight. I have cooked more in the last five months than I have probably in the last five years! I tend to do stir fries so that I can incorporate my Proteins and veggies all in one shot. I generally have enough left over for my lunch and dinner the next day.
That said, I am not the perfect eater. However, I'm consistent most of the times, and when I do go off the rails, it generally is not too bad. Exercise helps to balance the scale to some degree. I don't think I would have had the success that I've had to date without a strong commitment to exercise.
Best of luck!

Thank you and I’m trying in get into planet fitness .. talking to my mom about that and I also travel a lot with my younger sister so it being a place where you can go where ever is great and also the atmosphere motivates me . I typically do good then I run out of food ideas so eating the same familiar thing get boring but I recently joined a Keto group so I’ll see how that goes !

What type of foods are you preparing, can your sibling exercise with you (make it seem like playtime etc)?VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

I have a air fryer and I love wings so I just pop them in and cook ( no bread or anything) I make bread less pizza and I love salmon ( gets a bit pricey ) and spinach. I really need more ideas honestly but Pinterest helps a bit

I’m in somewhat of a similar situation. I went from around 315 to 235 very rapidly. And then I’ve just stopped...hung there...and am still there. I would like to lose more, but my clinic is happy with where I’m at and is not urging me to try to lose more.

That’s one question I have for you. What does your followup team say about where you’re at?

As for food ideas: my dietician insists on me doing 6 meals a day @ 200-250cals... Mostly protein;
I eat things like:
2 eggs w/ salsa and some cheese
Container of yogurt with tablespoon of granola for crunch
Flax wrap with 2 slices of cheese
2 Asada tacos with 3” tortillas and salsa
Variety of salads w/ Protein on top: boiled egg, chicken, or tofu
Lentils, bean Soup, Beans w/ brown rice - 1/2 to 3/4 cup worth
Protein shake with espresso in it :)

Also...like others have said...drinking calories is an easy way to bump things back up. Black coffee not coffee with milk or Syrup. Water not milk or juice or pop. etc :) These were hard ones for me to wean away from.

Finally - don’t get down on yourself. Our bodies have a majestic way of defending weight. They are crafty suckers and adapt adapt adapt adapt to our every whim. You have had decades of hard work to wire your body to think it needs to store fat and ramp down metabolism. You aren’t going to change it overnight...and you might not change it ever. It’s part of being human. Give yourself some grace.

Best!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a air fryer and I love wings so I just pop them in and cook ( no bread or anything) I make bread less pizza and I love salmon ( gets a bit pricey ) and spinach. I really need more ideas honestly but Pinterest helps a bit

Try Frozen salmon saw some at the dollar tree in the freezer section also canned salmon (walmart) is less expensive than fresh (and shelf stable) if you are working on a fixed budget makes great salmon burgers with (egg as a binder) or salmon pate (salad)/like tuna salad

Working out may need to be youtubed as I ts readily available and free. It can happen anytime you are ready. 5 minutes at a time, during commercial breaks, etc.

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167