My surgeon uses the DaVinci robotic-assisted laparoscopic technique. In fact, he recently flew to Sweden to give a talk on it. My daughter is a PharmD. She insists that I use the generic name instead of the brand name. There are several reasons why it's better to use the generic name instead of the brand name, but I don't want to bore you with the reasons why. Hardly any information is available regarding the absorption of most drugs after a bariatric procedure. Unfortunately, and because the Roux-en Y gastric bypass (RYGB) is a malabsorptive procedure, it's particularly disappointing to find next to nothing in the research literature. This information is so important! Fluvoxamine (Luvox) -- Found almost nothing. Lamotrigine (Lamictal)-The impact of bariatric surgery on psychiatric pharmacotherapy has not received much attention, and few specific recommendations exist to optimize medication regimens for this population. Based on the potential for decreased absorption, it has been suggested that patients taking lamotrigine be monitored for decreased efficacy. Unfortunately, you'll most likely have to put up with being a guinea pig when it comes to finding the dose that gives you the result you need to feel "good". By the way, lamotrigine comes in chewable tabs, the largest dose being 25mg. For the regular tabs, 25mg is the smallest dose! Also, why do you take 2x/25mg tabs of fluvoxamine instead of one 50mg tab (which is also available)?