Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2018 SURGERIES AND SUCCESS

I’m at Speech Pathologist at a nursing facility so I’ve seen all kinds of different means of nutrition and problems eating/swallowing! Kind of funny experience having to be on puréed food and then soft for awhile....while working with my pts who I had to put on those exact diets. I did tell them I could sympathize with them for awhile! 😬😖

Well I did never finish my train of thought from the 6th, did I? It was time to start my infusion that night and instead of just opting to finish later I hit "send", but you knew I should return didn't you?
Well a little more of these trials and tribulations, okay? it is not a whole lot of fun having this extra Tail dragging along with me. When this is full and freshly started it is 3000 ml, don't know what weight in American that is but heavy. Was in BR doing the duties one does there, went to swing it back onto my back cause that way your back muscles can be used to bear the weight, overbalanced kind of over balanced, started to fall, trying to balance me hit the door with my rear half and slid to the floor on my rump, Tomkitten , showing his usual sympathy and great intelligence, comes trotting in from an adjoining room to ask " Are you all right?" well that's rather dumb isn't it? Most days I only pray for adequate! And sitting in the doorway of a bathroom with ceramic slate-type tile in a pair of microfiber jammie bottoms on her nearly 73 year old bottom? Yes I certainly put a request to God to spend my late Friday evening there! Then Mr Wit and Wisdom ( takes after Me doesn't He?) says Shall I try picking you up? Now I have lost over a 100 pounds since my high weight last October 2017 but I still would make a team project for the Local Paramedics. No dang it, you touch that left arm, wrench out the tubing or break it off inside me and you better get your Funeral suit out Junior, you're going to need it!
So finally I figured out how to get Me up without wrenching anything loose. Wasn't pretty , betting it would make 500 likes on YouTube , but except for great embarrasment and a scrape on my good arm I'm pretty okay!
And something Weird Weird Weird! My BMs are more easy to pass and frequent. Hnnh? My junior surgeon said even though there was no noticable foods going through my GI tract, my bowel had enough excretion capabilities to keep things Tikety-Booming-Booming along. At the hospital I got q.s. to get my oral meds down and a shaker cup of Liquidcell PeachMango drink filled up. As long as I drank down 48 or more oz they were gratified. Me, let's get honest, I feel like the Little Match Girl with her nose pressed against the brightly lit toy-shoppe window.She knows there is warmth there, lovely toys there, even maybe warm food inside but it's not for her. And little Match Girl Me cries until the years freeze on her face.
I have gone back to my limited bleak diet, a couple high Protein Shakes, broths, strained Soups and calorie free liquids, 2 oz at a time. Dr Needleman wrote on my discharge resume Stage 3 diet, well his partner Dr Noria rescinded THAT early October because of Precious Pouch would not accept only a few things sans vomitting. And she said " Until I give YOU permission DO NOT ADD one thing, I will TELL YOU when your chronically inflamed pouch and angry ulcers will accept it! Reminds of a Great Big list of requirements, at the end it Says:
"Permission Will Not Be Granted"
I actually look better, feel better, more like the Pre-Surgery Frustr8, if it weren't for the Danged inconvenience and the Scarey Larry thought in the back of my mind of dislodgement, sepsis and my local hospital , a community one being staffed by the Keystone Kops, could THEY keep me alive long enough to send me to Columbus where I could get decent care? I would be wagging my tail like a happy Irish Setter, appropriate because we Both have Red Hair!
I have sent a message to God,🙏 Could I have this out after January 1st 2019 and maybe inch closer to Stage3, Stage 4 and a 🍜Real Food Diet? I know He Is Busy running the🌈 Heavens and the🌏 Earth, but perhaps give it some consideration?👼

And I left at 260 pounds, not feeling like I could fight my way out of a paper bag, but Rome wasn't built in a day, on the other hand , Hubs, Goths , Visagoths and bad neighbors and things were never the same!😡😋😈😯😬😮😑

I think I meant HUNS although I guess there are some Hubswho break more than they repair. I had one of those, great at starting projects, abysmal about completion. A wonder of the Western World we still,managed to produced 3 new individuals. Oh. I just figured how that could work, it's because I helped too!

3 months Post op. 48lbs gone. Things are going slowly right now but I'm getting there. First picture is day of surgery. Second picture 3 months out. inCollage_20181209_111326469.jpeg inCollage_20181209_111456694.jpeg

Sent from my VS996 using BariatricPal mobile app

One more thing to Celebrate, 8 have broken the 40 BMI barrier, and I am as happy as a jet pilot who broke the sound barrier! 39.87. And pounds GONE FOREVER! Best pre-birthday gift I have ever gotten.🍰Much better than sticky old Cake!

Congratulations! Love those milestones 😃 So happy when I hit the overweight category and just yesterday landed just within the normal BMI category!! Haven’t seen that in years.....🎊💃

And congratulations to you also LynnV1964, you always make my day better. Love them postings!

Hey I had my Sleeve surgery on June 21 2018. My pre OP weight was 368. I am currently 305 which is 63 pounds in 5 months. Is this typical of what most of you are losing or should I be worried ?

Sent from my SM-N950F using BariatricPal mobile app

I think that sounds fantastic!! Please don’t compare yourself to others. Our bodies all react differently to this😃

Thanks so much it's really hard not to get frustrated I did look at BMI calculator and I've gone from a 61.9 to a 49 which is awesome I can really see the change in myself I just wish it would go a little bit faster

Sent from my SM-N950F using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh you didn't get that size in one day, so it will take a good while to go down, but you have made a Great Great start and remember we believe on YPU, we know you can and will do it. Small increments can make a bid change. Never give up on yourself!

3 months Post op. 48lbs gone. Things are going slowly right now but I'm getting there. First picture is day of surgery. Second picture 3 months out. inCollage_20181209_111326469.thumb.jpeg.d2bddc775a5dccdc8f4d631d586197a3.jpeg inCollage_20181209_111456694.thumb.jpeg.6e2cb9108c0fc137ede9bf27008379cf.jpeg

Sent from my VS996 using BariatricPal mobile app

You look great.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

11 hours ago, Malcy said:

You look great.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you! Sometimes it is so hard to see the changes in yourself even though i feel them in my clothes.

RNY 9/17/18 52lbs down so far
53lbs away from Onderland and ready to work my butt off to get there.

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg