Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2018 SURGERIES AND SUCCESS

After thinking I might make May-June-July-or August for my surgery, it turns out I will be singing a SEPTEMBER song. Do I have a surgery twin, someone who will be going through this wonderous transformation with me?

Frustr8's newly reconstructed statistics
HW 355lbs October 2017
Current pre surgery weight 321lb 7/17/2018
First Goal weight 199lb
Second Goal weight 175lb or size 15 Junior
SD September 5 2018 7AM,EDT
Surgeon Bradley J Needleman MD
at Ohio State University- Wexner Medical Center
Columbus Ohio 43210
Type of surgery= RnY bypass
And that's All I Know!😷🍀😝

I’m so happy you got a date! I rarely post but I’ve been following along with your story for a few months now!

Congratulations on your surgery date. I was sure you would be at least August. Guess your surgeon is super busy like mine.

Edited by Kat0000

Thank you Kat0000 and Gingersnap112, odd Gingersnaps was one of my son's programs. Think he may have had a wee crush on Emily Perkins. At any rate it,is wonderful,to know I have 2 nice friends following me. It was a very,nice exam etc I had today,with Dr Needleman. He is as nice as I hoped he would be, he was amazed at how much I knew already, actually didn't learn as much as some because I am so,prepared but did glean some information to fill in the gaps Every challenge he presented, I believe I can accomplish. I really,feel like we are a team willing to work for me.
Yeah he is a very busy guy, but he has this way of making each of us feel we are the most important patient in the 🌎to him. That's not,something easily taught, it comes from within.
He's maybe 49-50 years old, getting gray a little, but cares and is approachable tous. Much better person than that first Asswhat surgeon I met at the previous place. And I feel very safe in his care. He was reading the whole list of bad things that can happen and I'm shaking my head NO. He asked me why, I told him nothing bad would happen, he is too good a surgeon, he would not want to mess up his record and my whole day by a calamity.
Oh some of the things I have heard on Bariatric Pal are so funny, one woman was worried she would talk about ex-husbands and lovers while under anesthesia. Don't know if I helped when I told her she would have a breathing tube down her throat and couldn't say a word. Another was concerned about people who. might see her unclothed. Pish tosh, good ole Frust8 is going to be lying,on her back, arms secured so I don't slip off the table, belly pumped up so high I look like I'm expected octuplets and I should whether,people know the shade of every hair, on my body? Ask me , I'm 72, people who knew secrets about me are long gone. Got little if any shame in my game, yeah I'm a redhead all over,what does it matter if 8 to 10 more people know that? Unless the TV crews have a wide angle lens they can't get all of me in one picture! Yesterday someone was worried they didn't have an hourglass figure , shoot,i do, instead of 36-25-36 I'm 58-46-58 and my thighs are like bundt cakes instead of muffins, but I believe I'll renovate well,once I peel off my fat covering I am going to be dy-no-mite and really rock the senior set. Might take a year, might take 18 months, but I will be Cutie Pie reconditioned from Big Mama. Big project but i,am the woman for it!😝🍀❤

I am so happy for you! I know you have been fighting this for a long while now and it is finally, nearly here. You have a date! A DATE! with a nice surgeon. You will be just fine and soon enough all the senior ladies will be jealous of your new found hotness. You go girl! :D

Congrats Frustr8!

That is wonderful news. Glad for you. Finally!!!!

Glad you caught a break. Yay:)

Mine is scheduled for September 5th.

Well Well well,a REBIRTHDAY,twin. I think you might be in Massachusetts, where are you having your surgery at, do you have a prediet and if you do, for how long and when do you start? it will be very nice to have someone going through the stages with me.

Anybody else just receive a September date? Come join me if you have.😛🌲

On 7/21/2018 at 12:00 PM, Frustr8 said:

Well Well well,a REBIRTHDAY,twin. I think you might be in Massachusetts, where are you having your surgery at, do you have a prediet and if you do, for how long and when do you start? it will be very nice to have someone going through the stages with me.

I am in MA. I am having mine done at Brigham and Womens. I have a two week pre-diet.

Pre-Operative Diet

The preoperative diet is required for all patients before weight loss surgery. This diet will help to make your liver smaller which makes it safer and easier for your surgeon to perform surgery.

Start this diet 2 weeks before your surgery date.

Every day during the pre-op diet, you will do these 2 things:

1. Follow the instructions in each box. For boxes A, B, C, and D, choose 1 item to eat or drink during the day. For Box E, consume 1 meal.
  2. Drink at least 64 ounces of sugar-free beverages (water, Crystal Light, Fruit2O, etc.).

With 1 item from each box, you will have 5 eating events per day.

Box A
Choose one Protein shake: SlimFast Advanced Nutrition (RTD shake only, not powder) Pure Protein (35 gm can) Premier Protein Atkins EAS Advantedge Unjury (in water) Syntrax nectar (in water) Syntrax Matrix (in water) Designer whey (in water) Quest Protein (in water)

+

Box B
Choose one protein shake: Syntrax Matrix (in milk*) Unjury (in milk*) Glucerna Hunger Smart Core Power Light EAS Myoplex Lite Boost Glucose Control Boost Calorie Smart Designer Whey (in milk*) Quest Protein (in milk*)

+

Box C
Choose one snack: 1 cup non-starchy vegetables + 2 Tb Salad Dressing or guacamole ¼ cup unsalted nuts ¾ cup low-fat cottage cheese, ricotta cheese 6 oz Plain Greek yogurt 2 eggs (any style) 2 oz turkey + 1 string cheese 1 Protein Shake from Box A

+

Box D
Choose one snack: Nature Valley Protein Bar Pure Protein Bar (190-200 calories) Detour Whey Protein Bar (170 calories) Fiber One Protein Bar 1 serving fruit + 1 TBSP nut butter 1 protein shake from Box B

+

Box E
Eat one meal: Meal should contain: 4 servings of protein 3 servings of non-starchy vegetables 2 servings of fat

*Can choose skim (fat-free) or 1% milk, lactaid milk, or plain soy milk.

Please choose only the items listed on this sheet.

Bread, rice, Pasta, starchy vegetables, and alcohol are not allowed on the pre-op diet.

Important Notes:

• Use the Serving Size section starting on page 20 of the diet guidelines book to remind you which foods are in each food group (protein, non-starchy vegetables, and fat) for your 1 meal in Box E.
  • Eating every 3-4 hours and drinking plenty of fluids in between can help to prevent hunger. You choose the order of your items.

Sample Pre-Op Meal Plans

Remember to drink at least 64 ounces of sugar-free fluids throughout the day.

Example Day 1
Breakfast (Box C) 2 hardboiled eggs
Snack (Box A) Pure Protein Shake (35 gm protein – can)
Lunch (Box D) Nature Valley Protein Bar
Snack (Box B) EAS Myoplex Lite Protein Shake
Dinner (Box E) 4 ounces baked haddock, 1 ½ cups cooked vegetables (green Beans, broccoli, cauliflower), 2 Tb light margarine
Example Day 2
Breakfast (Box A) Premier Protein Shake
Lunch (Box E) 4 ounces grilled chicken, 3 cups salad (lettuce, Tomato, onions, cucumber), 1 Tb + 1 tsp creamy salad dressing
Snack (Box B) Core Power Light Protein Shake
Dinner (Box D) Pure Protein bar
Snack (Box C) ¾ cup low-fat Greek yogurt)
Example Day 3
Breakfast (Box E) 1 ¼ cup egg beaters, 1 ½ cups cooked vegetables (peppers, onions, tomatoes), 1 Tb avocado, 1 Tb light margarine
Snack (Box A) Syntrax Nectar Protein Powder with water
Lunch (Box C 2 ounces turkey + 1 string cheese
Dinner (Box D) 1 small apple + 1 Tb peanut butter
Snack (Box B) Unjury Protein powder with 8 ounces milk – frozen into ‘ice cream’
Example Day 4
Breakfast (Box A) EAS Advantedge Protein Shake
Snack (Box C) Atkins Protein Shake
Lunch (Box B) Boost Glucose Control Protein Shake
Dinner (Box E) Chili: 4 ounces cooked ground turkey, 1 cup tomato sauce, ½ cup cooked onions & peppers, 1 Tb avocado, 1 Tb sour cream
Snack (Box D) Syntrax Matrix Protein Powder with 8 ounces milk

A very intriguing diet plan, I don't believe I have ever seen this one with all the ones quoted on Bariatric Pal. Each surgeon seems to choose a different vehicle,and travel a different road to Shangri La but we all arrive there in our own good time. 😟👸😟

And our mutual REBIRTHDAY will be a WONDER WEDNESDAY😛👍😛

And now @ Summer Essence will be joining me and having her surgery just 2 days later. Thank You for yet another friend, a lovely answer to Prayer.🙏😥

Well peeps I started my pre-diet today. I opted for more than the 2 or 3 weeks some do. I want the best chance I can have for surgery success. It's not like, at 72, I will receive very many " invitations to the prom" My program feel that with a full 4 weeks
Easy Surgery
Heal Quicker
Reduced size to liver. Almost every obese person has NASH , a fancy name for fatty liver. A thinner liver doesn't have to be pushed as far out of the way when doing surgery, less stress on my surgeon and certainly less on my body.
And the best, much less likelihood of post surgical nausea. Now with none of my previous surgeries did I get sick, and couple were abdominal. Don't want,to ruin my perfect record, do I?
And on paper this surgery this diet looks do-able.
Breakfast 1 high Protein shake
snack 1 fruit- small orange, small apple, small banana or 3/4cup unsweetened berries. In theory melon, but not,this 👧. Melon has made me puke since I was 👶. In fact my rotten boy cousins would chase me with watermelon or cantaloupe just to watch me get sick!
lunch small to medium tossed salad with 2 T diet dressing. No eggs, cheese, nuts or seeds. And also another high Protein Shake.< br /> Snack. another high protein shake
dinner one heated frozen entree, under 300 calorie, less than 30 carbs
3oz lean meat and 1 cup cooked no starch vegetables, no corn,peas or potatoes. may be substituted.
Evening snack 1 high protein shake
Meals and Snacks to be spaced 2-3 hours apart
64 or more oz no calorie, no caffeine drinks or Water daily.
And I don't think I'll mind it too bad, what irritated me was at the top it said " suitable for females under 400 pounds" now I am a fairly large person but I NEVER WAS and NEVER INTEND TO BE 400 POUNDS. So There!😰😪😰