Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Laura's RNY Journey; Age 31 Starting Weight 365

Just bought new jeans a a top for date night tonight. I literally wore them out of the store. These are my first skinny jeans ever! Pic to come later!

Congrats!! I love the feeling of fresh new, (and a new size!) clothes!

Where are you shopping? Old navy Rockstar jeggings are a nice high waisted skinny leg option, but I also really love Democracy Jeans... they are high waisted and great for shaping. I buy them at Nordstrom Rack or Amazon...

On 03/08/2019 at 17:16, baribetty said:

Congrats!! I love the feeling of fresh new, (and a new size!) clothes!

Where are you shopping? Old navy Rockstar jeggings are a nice high waisted skinny leg option, but I also really love Democracy Jeans... they are high waisted and great for shaping. I buy them at Nordstrom Rack or Amazon...

Lane Bryant but I think I could buy some things from New York and company now

Awwww!! Look at those dimples! You look adorable and very happy!

Here’s a recent comparison pic. image-0.0129938125610352.jpg.7a88476ed7f6ae63035794d8a374febd.jpg
Girl you are killing it! So proud! Aren't pictures great?! Otherwise our inner critic gets the best of us. Keep it up!

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

18 hours ago, Laura7 said:

Here’s a recent comparison pic.

image-0.0129938125610352.jpg

Very nice

Alright, let’s chat about real life. I struggled with drinking my calories but have gotten it pulled back a lot. However, I’ve substituted those calories with slider foods. So, I’m taking action and going back to counseling and I think I really need to up my Water intake. So, if you are struggling, like me, think about this honeymoon period and making the most of it. I know I want to do the best I can. I’m excited that I pulled out slacks today! Size 20 slacks and size 16 blouses. Some xl blouses because I’m thinner up top. This is really exciting but I know I could use a few more pounds to fit into some of the awesome clothes that I have. Wish me luck guys. It isn’t all sunshine and roses and everyone’s journey is different but I’m working through it all.

Hi I haven't been here on a while I just have a question for everyone is it just me or what I feel I'm losing really slow I've only lost 45lbs since surgery 10 26 I feel like I should be at least between 50 to 60 by now. I haven't been eating anything crazy maybe twice a week I've had carbs but it isn't much. My Dr told me not to worry but now I'm worrying wondering am I really gonna lose any more. I thought I would have lost more before I would have to do my part of the surgery but apparently not smh. Needing encouragement about now😞

Hi Yvonne 47,

I'd say you are in the average ballpark. I looked at my fitness pal app to see where I was at your time mark. I was at 53 lbs lost. However, I was at 298 a week after surgery. It's possible that you have less weight to lose than I did. Stay on track, you've got this!

On 03/19/2019 at 06:09, Yvonne47 said:

Hi I haven't been here on a while I just have a question for everyone is it just me or what I feel I'm losing really slow I've only lost 45lbs since surgery 10 26 I feel like I should be at least between 50 to 60 by now. I haven't been eating anything crazy maybe twice a week I've had carbs but it isn't much. My Dr told me not to worry but now I'm worrying wondering am I really gonna lose any more. I thought I would have lost more before I would have to do my part of the surgery but apparently not smh. Needing encouragement about now😞

What was your starting weight?
My surgery weight was 262 and i lost 54 pounds in the first 5 months after surgery. I think you’re doing just fine! I had the same concerns, but it’s just a more gradual process than we expect because it’s such a drastic change. Unfortunately, the weight doesn’t just fall off like we hope it will. Keep your head up! I’ve lost over a hundred pounds in the past 10 months and I haven’t done much more than eat a lot less. This winter has been rough and I haven’t been exercising. So I feel like my weight loss has been due primarily to the surgery alone.