Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confessional - Lets post our cheats/confessions/etc so others can see that we are all human

5 minutes ago, Healthy_life2 said:

I have days where I question this thread. Yes, we are human but it's also knowing yourself and risk factors for regain

Only my opinion, Be consistent not perfect. Don't waste your three months of your best restriction and your golden first year of weight loss. The work doesn't end after goal. @hmills653 is so right, We are all fighting the same battles.

Know your weaknesses with food.

Five years out, I still have foods I'm addicted to and keep out of my house *smile*

The value of this thread for me, early on in the process, was seeing that one doesn't have to be perfect to be successful. I know myself, and know I am incapable of sticking to a very strict diet long term. Most BP posters preach rigorous compliance ... and that's not me. This thread gives insight that not everyone is perfect as is sometimes portrayed, and yet the weight still comes off.

15 hours ago, sillykitty said:

This thread gives insight that not everyone is perfect as is sometimes portrayed, and yet the weight still comes off.

Or stays off.

I know myself, and know I am incapable of sticking to a very strict diet long term.

Me neither.

Most BP posters preach rigorous compliance ...

Fine, if they can cope with that even 3, 5, 10 or more years out of surgery. However, it's not for everyone. People are different.

This might not fall exactly under the category of cheat, but I’ve learned I can guzzle up to 12oz Water all at once and doing this a few times a day is how I get in over 80oz water every day.
I never sip.

If I had to sip,sip,sip I’d struggle to get in 1/3 of that.

I'm about 9 months post-op and for the first 6-7 months I didn't miss or crave soda of any kind at all, even though I drank so much of it for most of my life before surgery (I'd given it up almost entirely about 4 months pre-op). About 2 months ago I suddenly got the most intense craving for soda, but still wanted to stay away from the carbonation if I could - so I went to a gas station and got the smallest possible Pepsi flavored slushie I could find....and now I have one per month just to keep the craving down. I haven't told anyone I do this because I usually make kind of a big deal about how I "can't" drink soda anymore - I'd just die if someone found out I let myself have those slushies every now and again!

On 2/4/2020 at 8:33 PM, sillykitty said:

The value of this thread for me, early on in the process, was seeing that one doesn't have to be perfect to be successful. I know myself, and know I am incapable of sticking to a very strict diet long term. Most BP posters preach rigorous compliance ... and that's not me. This thread gives insight that not everyone is perfect as is sometimes portrayed, and yet the weight still comes off.

3oifzd.jpg.be872e665e129f818f49de3289cac8f6.jpg

Nooooooooooooo, Not in the cheat thread

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by GreenTealael

On 07/16/2018 at 17:18, macadamia said:

So, there I was in Salt Lake City last Friday for my psychology test, third pre-op nutritionist, and psychology interview. (I started the pre, pre-op diet June 29, 2018, and have lost 17.8 pounds so far.) After the interview, I had a ticket to see the comedian, Pablo Francisco, at Wiseguys Comedy club in an SLC suburb. While I was driving from the hospital to the club, I passed several places where I could have eaten but did not stop. At the club, I ordered a buffalo chicken sandwich without the buffalo sauce and no french fries. I planned to just eat the meat and watch the show. When my plate arrived, it had fries and I just unconsciously started eating them. By the time I noticed what I was doing, I had eaten half of them. Well, I stopped and started eating the chicken sandwich, bun and all. In between bites (I was practicing to eat slowly), I would sometimes eat another fry, until they were gone. So, I had the intent of eating just the meat and ended up eating all the fries and bun too.

But wait, there's more...

After leaving the club, I was driving north and stopped at a Del Taco and ordered a spicy chicken burrito, a chicken soft taco, a macho (large) fries, and a bottle of Water. A couple of hours after consuming all of that, I needed to stop for gas and a bathroom break. When I came out of the bathroom, I walked past the donut case and bought two chocolate iced long johns. I also got a chocolate milk. For the rest of the way home, I had intestinal cramps (I'm lactose intolerant) and had to stop a couple of times to "relieve" the gas - I was not sure if they would be dry or wet, so I took no chances.

I got right back on the horse on Saturday morning... B)

I binged after every nutritional appointment (6months). It wasn’t until I stopped going that I actually lost a few lbs.

Ugh I was sooo good until I was okay’d for breads, pastas, rice and alcohol. Then I got super social so I started drinking wine and whiskey whenever I’d go out. I also still munch out on some carbs every now and then.

Also whoever said peanut butter! I agree it’s addicting!!

I caved today. I'm being visited by Aunt Flo by the first time in months, am experiencing horrible cramps, and my cravings are through the roof. I asked my husband to grab me a chocolate bar. He even gave me a chance to back out, asking if I was sure it was a good idea. I told him it probably wasn't, but I still wanted it and sent him on his way.

It was good, but I feel guilty. I'm already going through a stall with my weight loss. 😓

I just ate an Oreo. Then I ate the filling out of a few more to kill the crave. To be fair the rest of the house has finished a few packs now so I just wanted one but I figured if I was going to do it, may as well do it right and make myself a little nauseated from it😆 So much for my zero net carbs day. Guess I will try again tomorrow. Lol

On 02/05/2020 at 13:05, Sheribear68 said:

This might not fall exactly under the category of cheat, but I’ve learned I can guzzle up to 12oz Water all at once and doing this a few times a day is how I get in over 80oz Water every day.

I never sip.

If I had to sip,sip,sip I’d struggle to get in 1/3 of that.

Yes, I’m now a guzzler as well. I’m a nurse and we can’t have drinks out so when I go through the back I take a quick chug here and there or else I won’t be able to get it in.

Those of y’all who say you had a sip of soda and that’s a cheat, ate 5 Doritos, that’s a cheat.. come on. This site is making me crack up.

I had a bite of a Cheeto. Did I ruin my sleeve 🤓