Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confessional - Lets post our cheats/confessions/etc so others can see that we are all human

2 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Lol, I don’t consider that a cheat. You made a really smart choice based off of your situation.
Yeah, pizza smell is tough to beat. Last week someone dropped off scripts through the drive through and they had just picked up pizza.< br /> I wasn’t hungry at all, but that smell..... omg I wanted some pizza

That makes me feel better! I guess just the idea of eating pizza sounds naughty to me lol. I felt guilty about eating some of the topping which is why i considered it a cheat. Also, knowing that Im almost 4 months post op and not close to my goal weight made me feel bad.

Wow 😮 I bet the smell blew right through your nostrils when you opened the drive thru window. I would have asked them for a slice jokingly ... but deep down really mean it 😝

On 8/5/2019 at 6:22 PM, jasmineinmymind said:

I ate Taco Bell a few days ago, mind you it was a taco. Thats it. But still the internet food police would have you believe you'll die if you eat fast food. I absolutely do not make it a habit and Im still losing weight. Went to a bbq last night and ate Doritos and 1/2 a hamburger patty with cheese. Its all about balance.

I love Taco Bell's chipotle tostada. I allow myself one every now and then. :)

Well it's nearly that time of the month for me and I've been snacky and have high sugar cravings at random times in the evening. I randomly ordered from go puff one night, ho hos, a zebra cake, and a bag of chips. I didn't eat everything in one sitting but I did it all of it. Dec.6 I'll be one month post op. :(. Help!!

Sent from my REVVLRY using BariatricPal mobile app

Well I've put 2 lbs on over Christmas, but I enjoyed eating all the special treats - in small portions! I don't mind though - I know how to get it off again. Think I'll do a bit of intermittent fasting in the new year! ;-)

I ate a shortbread cookie, Ferrero Rocher, and a cordial cherry last week at our xmas work potluck. I puked, sweat, and sat on the bathroom floor for an hour. That's the only cheat I've had. And I suffered for it. lol. Oh, and I did have boneless wings about 2 months ago and those made me sick... too much breading on them.

I'm afraid to go read all these posts--I might learn something I don't want to know!!

My cheat is, now and forever, sweet creamy coffee. It’s been almost two years since surgery and I now recognize that this is my off-ramp for times of high indulgence: every time I get head-hungry rather than genuine-hungry, I make myself a cup of strong coffee with a heaping spoonful of sugar and half & half. My brother-in-law calls it “dessert coffee”.

It takes me a while to drink but hydrates me, fills me up, and apparently scratches that sweet/fat itch. I’m a caffeinated maniac for a couple of days, but on the other side of it I’m not eating Trader Joe’s cheese Straws at an alarming clip anymore.

I havent taken my Vitamins in weeks ........

My cheats began pre-op. I ate what I wanted up until surgery. I've actually always been a healthy eater. My weight came on the past couple years due to a thyroid issue. My liver was fine. I had an xray a month before surgery and that wasn't an issue. After surgery, I had a vodka drink on NY's, actually 2 lol. This was 3 weeks post-op. I am now 4weeks post op and down 25lbs. I have had a few bites of popcorn, a couple Doritos..all chewed to mush. I had a bite of turkey on Christmas the day before I was suppose to start soft foods. I have zero guilt!!

Well, I thought one of my "cheats" was that when my daughter makes a frozen pizza I will eat one "actual serving size" slice of pizza. I am only 4 months out and have been doing this for at least a month. Pizza is my favorite food and while I know I can get cauliflower crust... I don't want to pay the price to eat only 1 piece lol. But I haven't had more than 1 bite if anyone orders a pizza because their crusts are usually so much thicker. Anyhow... I confessed to my nutritionist and she was fine with it! She even mentioned pizza places that have thin crust that she thinks I can eat at! So much for my "cheat".

Word to the wise, movie theater popcorn is a slider food. I was at the movies with my husband and suddenly I was REALLY HUNGRY and asked him to get us popcorn and ate... maybe four cups? I was shocked I could eat that much. So, I'm really full now and I won't be doing that again.

1 hour ago, JessLess said:

Word to the wise, movie theater popcorn is a slider food. I was at the movies with my husband and suddenly I was REALLY HUNGRY and asked him to get us popcorn and ate... maybe four cups? I was shocked I could eat that much. So, I'm really full now and I won't be doing that again.

Oof, I would kill for some popcorn right now. It's the main thing I miss besides Diet Coke. (I also dearly miss pizza, but ricotta bake helps fill that void.) My diet plan post op has me reintroducing regular food in stages, so popcorn is verboten along with nuts and seeds until six months out. My brother and I have AMC A List so we're at the movies all the time, but we rarely buy popcorn (as much as the smell tempts us). I can't wait until March when I can bring Protein Bars again; we're often at the movies around dinner time so I usually have to bring something. That something lately has been a shake or a cheese stick so I have something in my pouch versus waiting six plus hours between meals.

I've been pretty good at not cheating so far. My nutritionist said that if I didn't have reflux then I could have some Tomato despite technically not being allowed to for another month. It's been great getting to eat Wendy's chili and ricotta bake, though, let me tell ya. I don't eat the chili often but those two are some of the easiest things for me to eat along with tilapia.

On 7/18/2018 at 6:22 AM, TakingABreak said:

I had to google what a malasada was LOL 😂

me too lol

I was addicted to crunchy Cheetos post op. I put on 30# over a 6 mos period eating anything I felt like and could an entire bag of Cheetos in a day. I won’t even buy them anymore. I’m back on track with healthier food options on most days but know that I’ll allow myself cheat days such as occasional work potluck etc. We are all human and were all fighting the same battles.

I have days where I question this thread. Yes, we are human but it's also knowing yourself and risk factors for regain

Only my opinion, Be consistent not perfect. Don't waste your three months of your best restriction and your golden first year of weight loss. The work doesn't end after goal. @hmills653 is so right, We are all fighting the same battles.

Know your weaknesses with food.

Five years out, I still have foods I'm addicted to and keep out of my house *smile*