Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confessional - Lets post our cheats/confessions/etc so others can see that we are all human

6 hours ago, Oct517 said:

I bought a small coffee from Starbucks yesterday. I could only drink about 3 sips but it was the best 3 sips of coffee ever. lol

I met with my nutritionist today and asked her when I can start having coffee again and she said not until I'm drinking 64 oz a day and then adding 16 additional ounces for every cup of coffee I drink. I can't even make it up to about 50oz of Water a day.... so no more coffee for me for a while :(

I found sugarfree mints with the caffeine of half a cup of coffee. I can't wake up all the way without at least one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DQRFNRD/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Alright. Time to tally up folks.

I ate a lot of foods (by my standards) but other people's standards I barely ate!

I had a small amount of turkey, winter root vegetables, sweet potato, stuffing, mixed vegetables, bread (homemade), tortilla chips, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes spinach dip, Protein coffee, protein cookie, peanut brittle, pecan pie, pumpkin pie and ice cream.

(Only finished the pies)

Oh i know my weight will bounce up, but I also know how to go back down.

Thankful.

Edited by GreenTealael

I came in with a plan and didn't veer from it: turkey with gravy, greens, tbsp of sweet potatoes and macaroni & cheese, a taste of sweet potato pie (not good, too sweet), and passed on the dressing. Unfortunately, I only ate 50g of Protein and was on the lower end with Water for the day.

But today and tomorrow are new days and you'll do okay with that and THANKSGIVING 2018 will become a Happy Memory.

I had about a cup of mashed potatoes and 1/2 cup turkey dressing over the last three days and I’m still in the post op liquid phase but it was SO good and I’m starving. My wive made a pizza for her and the kids tonight and I want some very badly!!! 2.5 more days until my follow up and then on to the next stage....

For some reason I could only eat like 6 spoons of food on thanksgiving. I haven’t had turkey so I’m thinking that’s what made me feel icky. It came right back up. Maybe it was the fat in the food that made me puke but thanksgiving isn’t as desirable after that...

I put a spoonful of each dish on my plate. Then I took one bite of each. I filled the rest of the space in my sleeve with turkey. I had a bite of my husbands apple pie and 1/2 a glass of wine. It was a Thanksgiving feast and I don’t regret a single bite.

5 weeks post op. Started on Beans after a week. Decided to give myself a cheat day on thanksgiving. Which turned into a 3 day cheat. New start tomorrow. I was pretty perfect prior to that post op and have lost 14 lbs. had hoped it would come off faster. Sigh.

I’ve been cheating for the last 4 days. I’m going to restart my Keto diet tomorrow. I’m feeling really sick right now.

I had a glass of wine at my high school reunion (and an egg roll). Back on the grind today. I'm grateful for the changes that I've made. In the past I would have had 3-4 drinks and stress ate all night.

I had a bite of crabmeat yesterday. It was not a nutritional cheat, because crabmeat is actually perfect as far as protein/carb/fat go, but I am still on purees and a week away from tuna and such, so it was a texture cheat. It was a teensy bite, and I chewed it to hell, bit I was still panicking afterward that I would get sick.

Haven't had a real craving, still not a full,scale one, but right now I would like a snack bag of White Cheddar Cheezits. Oh they probably,would regurgitate righ5 back,up, most solids do but for a few minutes I would feel whole again. Whole as I have not felt since the Ugly Stricture showed up 💦😭

I cheated my ass off this weekend. And boy did I pay for it! So much cramping and icky feelings! But... I'm still within the 5 lbs window I've been at for a while now, so that's good.