Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confessional - Lets post our cheats/confessions/etc so others can see that we are all human

08/17/2018 06:22 PM, sillykitty said:

This is me

i never had any intention to drastically change my lifestyle. A life on grilled chicken and celery is not appealing to me. Not even joking, I’d rather be fat.

My plan was after WLS to eat pretty strictly healthily to take maximum advantage of the honeymoon phase. During the maintenance phase to eat as normally as possible, just minimizing “junk” and eating smaller portions.

i haven’t been as strict in my losing stage as I had intended. I appear to have much more restriction than most people at my stage. I have relied on that. As long as it’s not a slider, and I haven’t found many sliders, I can eat so little' it’s like max 200 cals per meal. So I have relaxed, and it hasn’t seemed to harm my weight loss

During maintenance, I plan to eat “normally”, ordering what I want from a restaurant menu for example. Eating bread, Pasta etc. What I don’t plan to do is have junk food Snacks in the house like chips, Cookies, regular ice cream etc. I might have these out on occasion, but not to sit around the house so I can eat them to excess. I also plan to not drink as excessively. I look forward to fitting in and having a few drinks, but not the 10+ I would regularly consume sometimes multiples times per week.

Why I’m hoping this will work for me is I gained my weight slowly over the years. In the last 8 years I have lived a lifestyle of constant dining out and drinking. I made no attempt at all to make healthy choices. I literally ate what sounded best at every opportunity. I gained about 60 lbs in those 8 yrs. My logic is if I gained relatively slowly while completely ignoring my food intake, then a with moderate amount of control I should be able to maintain, especially if I have reasonable amount of restriction.

i could be completely wrong. If I am I am willing to reevaluate and find what will work for me. I love my new found body. I am going to invest in plastics. I’m too damn happy feeling sexy af to let myself have significant regain.

The only things I’m not willing to give up is ethnic food, and eating freely when traveling on international vacations. Other than that I will do what is needed to find that balance during maintenance.

When my dietary plan stage reached "health eating for life" I took it seriously and began to add everything back in that would stay there permanently, and excluding the things that would stay out permanently

I figured I'd lose what I lose, take or leave it, not working out in excess because its not sustainable for me and what if I break my ankle and cannot exercise any more , regaining the 50lbs I would have never lost if I had not been in the gym 3 hrs/ 6 days a week? Nope can't live that life, I'm underachieving all the way. I will step up the exercise incrementally over the years, working on the weight loss in the kitchen I guess.

On 08/17/2018 at 18:22, sillykitty said:

This is me

i never had any intention to drastically change my lifestyle. A life on grilled chicken and celery is not appealing to me. Not even joking, I’d rather be fat.

My plan was after WLS to eat pretty strictly healthily to take maximum advantage of the honeymoon phase. During the maintenance phase to eat as normally as possible, just minimizing “junk” and eating smaller portions.

i haven’t been as strict in my losing stage as I had intended. I appear to have much more restriction than most people at my stage. I have relied on that. As long as it’s not a slider, and I haven’t found many sliders, I can eat so little' it’s like max 200 cals per meal. So I have relaxed, and it hasn’t seemed to harm my weight loss

During maintenance, I plan to eat “normally”, ordering what I want from a restaurant menu for example. Eating bread, Pasta etc. What I don’t plan to do is have junk food Snacks in the house like chips, Cookies, regular ice cream etc. I might have these out on occasion, but not to sit around the house so I can eat them to excess. I also plan to not drink as excessively. I look forward to fitting in and having a few drinks, but not the 10+ I would regularly consume sometimes multiples times per week.

Why I’m hoping this will work for me is I gained my weight slowly over the years. In the last 8 years I have lived a lifestyle of constant dining out and drinking. I made no attempt at all to make healthy choices. I literally ate what sounded best at every opportunity. I gained about 60 lbs in those 8 yrs. My logic is if I gained relatively slowly while completely ignoring my food intake, then a with moderate amount of control I should be able to maintain, especially if I have reasonable amount of restriction.

i could be completely wrong. If I am I am willing to reevaluate and find what will work for me. I love my new found body. I am going to invest in plastics. I’m too damn happy feeling sexy af to let myself have significant regain.

The only things I’m not willing to give up is ethnic food, and eating freely when traveling on international vacations. Other than that I will do what is needed to find that balance during maintenance.

Sounds like a plan!!!

Pre-Confession here ...

I’m going on vacation, actually on the plane right now. I plan to eat whatever I want. I know there will be fish and chips (well probably not many chips, don’t like chunky chips), meat pies, plenty of Indian food, sticky toffee pudding, and beer.

Not going to feel one bit guilty about it. I get far too little vacation time, and I am going to enjoy what I have to the fullest.

08/17/2018 07:32 PM, sillykitty said:

Pre-Confession here ...

I’m going on vacation, actually on the plane right now. I plan to eat whatever I want. I know there will be fish and chips (well probably not many chips, don’t like chunky chips), meat pies, plenty of Indian food, sticky toffee pudding, and beer.

Not going to feel one bit guilty about it. I get far too little vacation time, and I am going to enjoy what I have to the fullest.

Email me fish and chips from London/Dublin !!!

I’m feeling a little depressed of lately and have been eating my emotions away.. I’m 1 year post gastric sleeve i only lost a total of 70lbs i was hoping to loose at least a 100 or more based on most people i know lost 100 or more. I only lost 70 but i know why because I’ve been eating off way off...

In addition i gained like 6-7lbs i was 268 now I’m 274.i started at 243 I have to get back in track i got really excited that i can eat and been snacking on a lot of nuts plus i wanna work out more haven’t done it consistently since surgery.. i also wanna do the Keto diet have anyone tried keto or intermittent fasting after gastric sleeve...

I know i ‘m my own downfall when it comes to my diet!!!!

I’ve been thru so much with surgery and complications i dont wanna gain it back i need some motivation and some inspiration...

Feeling so defeated

23 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

That's not a coworker, that's a friend...

Very true! At night he's eating real food but while we're at work he's joining me. It has really helped mentally.

Had late dinner tonight, Hay Fever kicking my rump, don't feel good. Made scrambled eggs with shredded lowfat cheese. Neither eggs or cheese on my 1000 calorie liver-shrinking diet, can I at least rationalize eggs are Protein. He had the majority, I took 3/4 to a cupful. Still filled me up enough. Tomkitten will always eat scrambled eggs!

On 07/16/2018 at 10:36, AshAsh1 said:

I confess that it brings me IMMENSE joy that I weigh less than my two best friends. :lol:

I now weigh less than my mom and she’s not happy about it. But it motivated her to start working out and eating better

On 08/17/2018 at 18:32, sillykitty said:

Pre-Confession here ...

Are you going to Dublin??? My hubby and I are going over Christmas!!!

Also: I’m 3.5 weeks out from surgery and succumbed to temptation of an organic, nitrate free, no carb, etc, small packet of three very small smoked sausages.

I’m still supposed to be on puréed and now I very much know why. I ate two of them, chewing for a long time etc. I got home and was so queasy and it was painful and I had to throw them up immediately. Oh and even after throwing them up I still feel nauseated and gross. 

Back to the straight and narrow for me, I think...

😳😳😳

On 08/22/2018 at 20:35, AELdoesRNY said:

Also: I’m 3.5 weeks out from surgery and succumbed to temptation of an organic, nitrate free, no carb, etc, small packet of three very small smoked sausages.

I’m still supposed to be on puréed and now I very much know why. I ate two of them, chewing for a long time etc. I got home and was so queasy and it was painful and I had to throw them up immediately. Oh and even after throwing them up I still feel nauseated and gross. 

Back to the straight and narrow for me, I think...
😳😳😳
Omg hours later I still feel nauseous and disgusting...ughhhh.

In some ways I’m glad I did it because I don’t think I will be cheating again anytime soon. Then again oowwwww/blerggggg

I had 4 chocolate truffles yesterday (yes, FOUR!) the Lindt kind. I do not remotely feel bad about it. I haven't had any candy or anything like that in almost 5 months, it was an anniversary dinner thing. I put everything in my food journal. I'm ok with it because I know I'm in control of my eating habits.

• I cheated on the pre-op diet once, with food from Panera bread. It was worth it IMO and on surgery day my liver was perfectly pink and smooth--according to the surgeon's medical student they were astonished that it had no sign of fat whatsoever and said it was probably my genetics rather than the liquid diet. :rolleyes:
  • I basically skipped the pureed stage and went straight to soft foods because during week 3 I was having extreme food aversion where I struggled to get in anything that wasn't a Premier Protein shake. So as long as I mashed up the food really well in my mouth I counted that as puree and was just thankful to get the calories and Protein in.
  • I don't separate eating and drinking at all. And I use a straw in my Water cup. Neither of these things bothers my pouch in the slightest and haven't caused any increase hunger or problems with my weight loss, so even though I know it's a big sin not to separate the eating and drinking, I just can't bring myself to do it.
  • I eat lots of carbs including rice, potatoes, and whole grain bread. Also bananas. This isn't a cheat or confession for me personally because this type of eating is encouraged by my RD, but I know it's a big sin for most bariatric patients so I figured I'd mention it.

Hmm. I think that's about it. I've had a few not-so-healthy food choices over the 14 weeks since surgery, including a spoonful of my grandmother's banana pudding and two tiny forkfuls of some friends' Desserts at a fancy restaurant, but overall I've been very pleased with my food choices and ability to limit myself to tiny samples of less healthy foods.

18 hours ago, AELdoesRNY said:

Omg hours later I still feel nauseous and disgusting...ughhhh.

In some ways I’m glad I did it because I don’t think I will be cheating again anytime soon. Then again oowwwww/blerggggg

So sorry to hear the sausages made you feel that way :( Fatty foods like sausage, some cheeses, oil-based dressings, etc. do this to me as well. Definitely stick to easier foods until you're farther out!