Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confessional - Lets post our cheats/confessions/etc so others can see that we are all human

The thing that concerns me. about sugar free candies, and I doubt I will use them, too close to real thing, could seduce me back over the "line" to,read thing again.
But I fear even more their laxative effects from over indulgence. Be ye Catholic, Jewish, Protestant, Muslim or even atheistic, you will worship fervently,at the Porcelain,Throne and with great repetition !😖

9 hours ago, Screwballski said:

So, when he ate one for dessert, I ate a tablespoon of natural Peanut Butter. It tasted exactly like his treat smelled so I was satisfied.

Brilliant!

Earlier this week I was out of town in a city with incredible food. I went off the rails, willful gluttony. Me, working in a hotel room, with take out. I ate, not when I was hungry, but eating to my restriction, waiting an hour or two, then eating again. Amazingly because I have so much restriction this was still around 600 calories/day (best estimate since it was restaurant food)

BUT, what I am proud of, is this was not a slippery slope for me. My first day back home it was a little difficult to get back on track, and not order food in. Since then I've been fine, not a lot of hunger, basically just getting my Protein in. This didn't trigger carb cravings (carbs are my true love). It didn't trigger the f*ck it attitude I would get in the past when I fell off the diet wagon.

So long story short, I'm happy that this tool of WLS is working for me!

I cheated on my pre op diet by eating a salad, twice! Post op I was so sick of liquid I ate some string cheese and a bite of lunch meat.< br /> Thankfully I confessed to my Surgeon at my 2 week post op visit last week and he cleared me to eat without restrictions.
I have since learned about dumping. Welcome to the consequences!

Last Saturday night at my 55th High School reunion I had a PERFECT opportunity to cheat. I ate 2 Strawberries, an orange wedge, sliced beef , a skinless chicken thigh, and a small salad, heavy on good veggies with a T of low cal EVOO vinaigrette. Aren't we proud of me? Doggonest thing, the other dressing, all labeled, had like small gravy ladles, the one for my vinaigrette had 1 and 2 T marked on it, I know the old joke is God watches over the United States Senate, somebody should after all! But he must look out for dieting people also!🍝

This past weekend my cousin got married and I ate a little bit of everything at the reception. Including wedding cake and champagne! It was heavenly. Got right back on the wagon when I got home though. : )

2 minutes ago, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

I reached into a bag of goldfish crackers and had a handful.

Thank heavens we don't have those at our house now that the kids are grown! We used to buy the huge cardboard carton of those at Sam's. Portion Control? We don't need no stinkin' portion control!

2 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Thank heavens we don't have those at our house now that the kids are grown! We used to buy the huge cardboard carton of those at Sam's. Portion Control? We don't need no stinkin' portion control!

They were calling my name. I swear. No. No Portion Control. A handful did just fine. They were yummy.

I ate real ice cream on vacation and I had 3 glasses of wine at a wedding over 5 hours. Neither of these items bothered me at all and I didn't get drunk. I was dancing all evening which could have helped.

I was amused to read through all of these comments. Honestly, what I really read about was a bunch of people being "normal!" A little wine at a wedding, a diet soda here and there, "a" slice of pizza, a square of cake at a party! Handful of Goldfish. You reckless beast! This is okay, right? We didn't get to be morbidly, sickly, obese behaving this way. It was whole bags of chips consumed without thought, large slices of sugary deserts, giant plates of restaurant foods consumed with ease along with endless breads and appetizers, buffets, fast food trips on a daily bases, half a pizza in one sitting (whole pizza?) Oh, the awful things we did to ourselves that brought us to this point in our lives. I've spent so much of my life feeling bad about my choices I don't want to anymore. I actually feel good about myself when I walk away feeling just fine about having a taste of a treat my husband is having. Once a week we light a fire outside in the pit and we make a s'more. I enjoy the whole process, get it all ready and take 1 maybe 2 small bites and hand the rest of it off to my hubby. We go to dinner a couple times a month and I order up a drink..(something lite on sugar). I take responsibility for it, I watch my calories, I savor my indulgence and if the scale isn't moving than I know what I have to do.

I guess my point is...don't hate yourself for doing normal things. What you did before wasn't normal.

My confession! I had my best friend over, she brought a bottle of vanilla smirnoff. I had some sugar free orange junk to add into it. Tasted like orange creamsicle. We have a lovely spa out back so her and I marinated in it all evening sipping our drinks and laughing. Next morning I found my clothes laying on the grass and our husbands were telling some ridiculous tales about us. The fire department even showed up because apparently our fire pit was burning a little too bright that evening. It was fun! I felt normal. I didn't turn into a raving drunk or eat like a maniac there after. I woke the next day, did my work out, cleaned my house, ate all things healthy and had no regrets. Well, finding my clothes laying about the yard was not a happy discovery.

Don't forget to still have fun!!! Cheers!

For dinner I had little squares of:

Tiramisu, Rugelach, Macaroon, watermelon, strawberry, cantaloupe at an affair. Totally worth every bite. I tend to save all of my food splurges for worthy times...otherwise I only bought one bottle of Voss this week...

So for a couple weeks I’ve been licking chips, which I know sounds absolutely crazy but just getting the flavor gives me the best satisfaction, I know I have to watch sodium when I do this. But that’s the only cheating I’ve been able to do this far!

How is everyone able to cheat so easily on the post op??!! I am so scared to even have my puréed :( so scared that I’m going to choke or it’s going to get stuck and I’m gonna end up vomiting. Ugh!