Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confessional - Lets post our cheats/confessions/etc so others can see that we are all human

7 hours ago, AshAsh1 said:
7 hours ago, Matt Z said:

I ate half of a malasada last night.... such a combination of things I shouldn't be eating! No adverse reactions around the time of consumption... but oof did the this mornings daily time on the throne suck. That said... I did lose 1.2 lbs from yesterday's morning weigh in. LOL.

I had to google what a malasada was LOL 😂

Well, crap... now I have to google it too since you did not say what it was... :P

Just now, macadamia said:

Well, crap... now I have to google it too since you did not say what it was... :P

And the quote system is back... I described it a post or so afterwards.

8 hours ago, Missouri-Lee's Summit said:

That's not completely accurate, :) sillykitty. (Love saying sillykitty!)

My most recent labwork tested my TOTAL Protein. It was 7.0

Albumin and globulin are two types of protein in your body. The total protein test measures the total amount of albumin and globulin in your body. The normal range for total protein is between 6 and 8.3 grams per deciliter (g/dL). This range may vary slightly among laboratories. Gender and age also play a role in your test result.

While the A/G ratio test does technically test for blood protein, it is not a measure of adequate protein intake. High or low protein levels are signs of a disease or disorder.

https://labtestsonline.org/tests/total-protein-and-albuminglobulin-ag-ratio

Will a high protein diet raise my total protein level?

No, increasing your intake of protein will not increase your total protein test result.

@FluffyChix

That meme isn't in keeping with the intent of this thread

"where people can own up to things without anyone else chiming in with anything negative"

I think the spirit of this thread is we don't have to be perfect to be successful

15 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

While the A/G ratio test does technically test for blood Protein, it is not a measure of adequate protein intake. High or low protein levels are signs of a disease or disorder.

https://labtestsonline.org/tests/total-protein-and-albuminglobulin-ag-ratio

Will a high protein diet raise my total protein level?

No, increasing your intake of protein will not increase your total protein test result.

Would you agree that if someone was protein deficient, their A/G and TP tests would also reflect that they aren't consuming enough protein? Can't have enough protein in the blood if we don't have enough protein elsewhere.

I don't see how, if the test doesn't prove anything of merit for the medical professional requesting it... why they would request it.

Anyway, all the posts about blood work is a bit out of place for this thread.

Back to the cheating!

Edited by Matt Z

Just now, Matt Z said:

Would you agree that if someone was Protein deficient, their A/G and TP tests would also reflect that they aren't consuming enough protein? Can't have enough protein in the blood if we don't have enough protein elsewhere.

I don't see how, if the test doesn't prove anything of merit for the medical professional requesting it... why they would request it.

It's not that it doesn't have merit, low of high A/G ratios is a sign of various diseases and disorders. It's part of a standard blood panel, not specifically for WLS patients.

For the test results to be low without any other issue, one would have to be life threateningly malnourished. The body will take protein from your skeletal muscles if protein intake isn't sufficient. So by the time the tests show low protein, serious damage will have been done.

On 07/18/2018 at 14:40, macadamia said:

^^^ this!

While you may get away with it, as my doctor says, it is a slippery slope. It does not take much to revert back to the old ways, especially if you are like me and use food as a coping mechanism.

So cheat wisely...

On 07/18/2018 at 14:50, Matt Z said:

(Quote system seems busted for this thread now... but)@macadamia

^^^ this!

While you may get away with it, as my doctor says, it is a slippery slope. It does not take much to revert back to the old ways, especially if you are like me and use food as a coping mechanism.

This is sorta what I wanted to avoid. We all know the *potential* repercussions, even though there are studies that show that having some level of "cheat" actually HELPS diets, The point really of this page was to show that, we are human and that we do slip up and there isn't anything wrong with that...

Reverting to old habits isn't cheating, that's giving up, and that's what a little cheat here and there can actually prevent. What I believe was meant when one poster said "no repercussions" was that... that 1 cheat, didn't have any repercussions.

I personally don't feel that eating cake, pie, "birthday meals" ETC is "cheating"... cheating, to me, is a very limited, rare occasion when otherwise you would break. Several instances in a row... isn't cheating, it's reverting.

Again... in my opinion.

That post was intended for that particular poster that was quoted who cannot make up their mind if they want or should have surgery and was told to take a peek at this thread . That particular poster has other concerns and I DID NOT want them to believe it was a free for all, it would have been irresponsible on my behalf. EVERYONE ELSE... Enjoy

12 minutes ago, Tealael said:
1 hour ago, macadamia said:

^^^ this!

So cheat wisely...

well said... (-:

2 hours ago, sillykitty said:

@FluffyChix

That meme isn't in keeping with the intent of this thread

"where people can own up to things without anyone else chiming in with anything negative"

I think the spirit of this thread is we don't have to be perfect to be successful

I was not meaning it seriously. It's like my popcorn eating emoji. I think any Dr. Now meme is hilarious.

I cheated on my pre op diet. I had just had a baby and was so hungry. I was extremely diligent during the first 9 months. I was at goal weight then and then finally started to relax a little...never much, but some. When I was pregnant this time I ate hot fries, Cheez-its, and no bake Cookies like they were going out of style. I am still dealing with 15 pounds of pregnancy weight so I am bad to being super strict.

It does give me a sick pleasure that was sister in law was 24 and pregnant and I was 40 and pregnant and the doctor told me that I was much more healthy than she was. I also was back in my size 2 jeans before she was back in her size 12 jeans. I know, I am mean. I ran a half marathon 14 weeks after giving birth and she was still in her pregnancy pants. I am horrible.

19 minutes ago, Melloyellow said:
4 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

image.png.87c57b23cac65ec6c9f87af30c206478.png

Why did I read this in his voice 😂😂 I love DR. Now.

Ikr!!!! Followed by "you have one munt to lose tirdy pount."

I’ve been following my plan to a “T.” Aside from two times.

On my birthday I had a tiny piece of cake and one scoop of ice cream.

My daughter handed me her half eaten single serving bag of goldfish crackers before bed and I finished them off.

I'll admit it outright. I miss Pepsi Cola. I love it, and I miss it...desperately. Real Pepsi. Not diet...diet is gross. LOL.

But here's the deal. I've tried drinking it....about a dozen times....with very little success.

I take about three tiny sips and feel like I'm gonna pop. It's crazy bloating and really uncomfortable.

On my birthday, I was hell bent to let myself drink a glass of Pepsi as a super rare treat.

I sipped it down about a half an inch and couldn't do it. it made me incredibly sad. I passed it to my hubby and he swallowed the glass down in two gulps.

The taste was still really really good....but there is no way in hell I could drink more than an ounce or two and not feel like Violet in Willy Wonka. The Oompa Loompas would have to roll me to the juicing room.

I LOVE cola. Cola no longer loves me. It kinda...downright hates me.

And I honestly feel a little sad about that. I know it's terrible stuff and that I'm better off that I can't drink it....but man, I really thought I'd be able to have it once in a blue moon.

Not in the cards for me. Weirdly...I honestly am kinda grieving it a little bit. I know it's all for the best....but I'm still a little sad about it. Like corn on the cob. LOL.

On the other hand...I've discovered I love iced constant comments tea.