Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really, only you can make that decision. Do you see yourself using it long term as an aid to tracking exercise, or will it be a novelty item you grow tired of? I got a Charge2 in Feb and started just using it to track sleep quality. Then added steps to it, and I like it so will use it after surgery, too for more of the features. I had to get used to wearing it at night. Thought I'd have to remove it for doing dishes, but no. I keep it clean with mild soap and Q-tips. Must charge every 5 days for about 2 hrs. I like stats, so counting carbs, Proteins and the like is not a chore for me. You must assess your needs. Maybe others will comment on pros and cons.

I got one and never use it. I hate jewelry and never weat watches so it was just uncomfortable for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had a FitBit post surgery. Went through 4 of them before switching to an Apple Watch. I like my watch a lot more.

A con for me with FitBit is sweaty skin under the band with exercise. I considered the stainless mesh band with magnetic strap, but they don't stay in place if you jog, etc so you don't get a reading. Another thing I ran into -- if you want to count steps with your shopping cart, you can't steer with both hands. The FitBit arm needs to swing free to count the steps unless you wear it on your ankle, which IS an option.

I have worn a Fitbit for probably three years or more, I had the basic one but I wanted a newer one after surgery. I got the Charge 2 which I like a lot, like nibble said above it's great for monitoring sleep quality but I got my Charge partly because my heart rate was (is?) really low and i know it's not 100% as accurate as manually taking your pulse, but it keeps me more active. Looking down at noon and seeing I've only taken 1500 steps motivates me to move.

i love my Charge 2 Fitbit. Bestie got it for me for my birthday last year and I've worn it daily. HUGE help for activity accountability.

I got one after surgery and never wear it. The sweat under the band caused a rash, so i bought the new cloth bands which fixed that issue. Wearing it at night is uncomfortable for me. The app constantly overloaded my phones memory and had to be shut down, so i finally deleted it. And the step counting was done by GPS, not body movement. This resulted in inaccuracy as it would count steps for my commute to work in my car. Also, i would remove it from the charger first thing in the morning and it would have 300-500 steps already. I really regret the $200 i spent on it.

I love my Fitbit (Alta) - does a great job counting steps and activity, syncs with the iPhone easily, and I think it motivates me to walk more and be more active. The leather band doesn’t collect sweat so long as I don’t wear it too tight.

Darin'Sharon- sounds like yours just needed a little adjusting, but it's not for everyone, my dad won't use one. It only uses GPS if you have it turned it on for walks, runs or bike rides, it will count a lot of steps at night if you roll around a lot (I do!) and it's set to sensitive. Depending on the model you're supposed to wear them looser now, I didn't with my other one and got rashes. Sad that yours didn't work out, sell it on eBay lol!

Darin'Sharon- sounds like yours just needed a little adjusting, but it's not for everyone, my dad won't use one. It only uses GPS if you have it turned it on for walks, runs or bike rides, it will count a lot of steps at night if you roll around a lot (I do!) and it's set to sensitive. Depending on the model you're supposed to wear them looser now, I didn't with my other one and got rashes. Sad that yours didn't work out, sell it on eBay lol!
You may be right, some adjusting may make it better for me. I'm not selling it just yet. Waiting until I'm not mad at it anymore and I'll give it one more go lol

I'm just addicted to selling on eBay. All my nicer big clothes are on there now or will be soon!

I have the Apple Watch, and I love that it keeps track of my activity, which FitBit does too. I had a FitBit first, one of the basic ones, and I didn't use it for long, because it just did the basics. LOVE my Apple Watch though.

I had a Fitbit that you hang on your clothing. It measures steps by impacts (counts the number of times your feet hit the ground when walking), not by GPS. I wore it on a motorcycle ride from Ammon ID (just east of Idaho Falls in eastern ID) to Boise, ID (western ID); almost 300 miles one-way. It was hanging, as always, from my undershirt in the middle. When I got to Boise, it said I had walked over 48k steps (yes, 48 thousand). It turns out that it was being set off by the vibration of the motorcycle. I never thought my BMW vibrated that much, definitely nowhere near as shaky as a Harley. That was the last time I used it.

Back in March, when I first started this WLS journey with the first surgeon (I'm on #2), I knew I would need something to track my activity. I bought an Apple Watch and received it March 22, 2018. I've worn it every day since. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Edited by macadamia