Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had my sleeve done 3 days ago In Mexico and just got home today. I feel kinda on my own and nervous about it all. I have a plan to follow, and I’m on Clear Liquids for a few more days. Anyone else out there feeling this way or have words of encouragement?

Are you feeling on your own despite other people being around?

Sometimes our "family support systems" are clueless about how to help, particularly when we've always been the one helping them.

Use this place! Share the worries. Start 10 post threads. Ask questions. There have been days when having conversations with these unknown strangers - unknown except they KNOW about this huge thing in my life and how it unfolds - has really kept me sane, made me feel normal...

xxx

Hi all. Day 3 post of for me today. These boards have been so helpful. I have a lot of family and friend support but I felt alone in the beginning. I am doing well...tolerating Jell-O and fluids. Taking a lot of pills and those make me a little nauseous but other than that the pain is manageable with walking and pain meds.

@shrinking_wildflower I know what you mean. My youngest son is home for the summer (back to University of Missouri at Columbia in the fall) and is clueless about how to help me. My husband is the same way. They mean well, but they probably wouldn't even notice if I was bleeding out from my eyeballs.

Most men just don't have the ability to "anticipate needs" the way women do. Babies need things, and we just have the ability to sense (most of the time!) what they need. We're naturally wired for it. I truly believe that.

I love all my boys, but they're clumsy caregivers.

Thanks for all the good advice and comradeship. I’m feeling better today. Except that I’m so sick of broth and Jello. I want to move to the next stage, but I’ll wait until my first week is up.

@shrinking_wildflower I know what you mean. My youngest son is home for the summer (back to University of Missouri at Columbia in the fall) and is clueless about how to help me. My husband is the same way. They mean well, but they probably wouldn't even notice if I was bleeding out from my eyeballs.

Most men just don't have the ability to "anticipate needs" the way women do. Babies need things, and we just have the ability to sense (most of the time!) what they need. We're naturally wired for it. I truly believe that.
I love all my boys, but they're clumsy caregivers.
This really made me laugh [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N950F using BariatricPal mobile app

5 hours ago, Jessicaleigh74 said:

Thanks for all the good advice and comradeship. I’m feeling better today. Except that I’m so sick of broth and Jello. I want to move to the next stage, but I’ll wait until my first week is up.

How are you doing?

Thanks for asking. I’m doing really well. Still taking it easy, but not too much pain. Bored with my diet. I’ve been reading in here and watching other people’s journeys on You Tube.

Be proud of yourself for getting your Fluid intake; for some people it's difficult to get that far. Some folks have no trouble getting enough fluids and want to progress. Rest, heal, you've got this!

Congratulations, I can only hope I do that good when my time comes.😛

My boyfriend and I are doing a "couples" sleeve on Dec 12th...I'm afraid I will be too worried about him to take care of myself. I read you had your surgery in Mexico this is our plan as well, what pain meds did you take when you got home as I'm sure we can not take meds back to the states, I wanted to know what I should stock up on.

Did you find yourself uncomfortable for more than a week?

Hope you doing well still and on the mend.