This isn't true for every WLS patient though. At 5 months out I have a lot of restriction. My max capacity is about 2 oz by weight of most solid food. A typical meals for me Sandwich made with 1/2 a slice of bread, 1 slice turkey Protein Pasta (1/2 oz dry), 2 tbls marinara and a 1/2 meatball Quesadilla with a 1/2 a low carb tortilla and a 1/2 oz of cheese A typical snack for me Slice of watermelon (little less than 3 oz net) Laughing Cow cheese and 34 Degree Crackers Jerky (1/2 - 1 oz) Cheese (1 oz) Cucumbers w light dip On an average day I'm eating from home, I'll have a Protein Shake, 1 meal, 2 or so Snacks, plus yogurt or a Protein Bar (low cal) or Protein fortified Soup, as needed to get to my protein goals. After a meal, I'm stuffed. After a snack, I feel satisfied. I know it looks like, and is a tiny amount of food. But I freaking LOVE being satisfied and full with these sized portion. I also don't feel at all deprived. I have no food that is forbidden, but obviously try to stick with healthier options. The only time the reduced portions get awkward is dining out with people who don't know about my WLS. The amount I can eat is so tiny, it doesn't make a dent in a restaurant portion. It almost inevitably gets noticed by those dining with you and or servers. So just be prepared with answers.