Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have revision from sleeve to bypass? I would like to hear your story? Ups, downs, how it is working for you?....any information you are willing to share with me... Thank you

I had the sleeve to bypass in May of this year, 2 months out today. I have lost a total of 56lbs (since pre-op).

I am still shy about eating food and am only allowed to eat fish, seafood, chicken, turkey & veggies. I am now able to eat about 3 ounces of food but at a time but I never finish it. I don’t feel full, I just feel like I have had enough. I am still nervous to eat to full for fear of overeating.

I had no complications and am so glad I got it done. I didn’t lose much with the sleeve and developed GERD. I am currently on my second stall since surgery but that’s to be expected

Thank you so much for responding. You have done an awesome job! I am considering going to bypass from sleeve because I too have developed GERD. my insurance doesn't cover the surgery so before I took a big chunk out of my income I wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. best of luck on your journey!

I'm sure as I continue my research on this then I will have more questions, is it okay if I reach out to you and ask you? I would love to follow your journey

I revised only three weeks ago due to severe acid reflux. Unfortunately it has not helped my reflux at all. I'm in pain 24/7. Literally. However this is NOT the norm apparently and I would encourage anyone to revise who has GERD.

I'm sure as I continue my research on this then I will have more questions, is it okay if I reach out to you and ask you? I would love to follow your journey

Animal lover, I'm so sorry that it did not help with your acid problem, I wonder why? Have you had any other issues or is everything else going as it should? Any advice or tips?

37 minutes ago, workinit said:

Absolutely. Feel free

Well, aside from the reflux I haven't had any other problems other than Constipation. I'm supposed to be starting on soft foods but I'm still on stage 2 but only due to me not being able to eat due to the constant reflux I'm not having any nausea or vomiting.

I'm waiting to be scheduled for some diagnostic testing (bravo and manometry) and for the second time I might add.

55 minutes ago, animallover1247 said:

I revised only three weeks ago due to severe acid reflux. Unfortunately it has not helped my reflux at all. I'm in pain 24/7. Literally. However this is NOT the norm apparently and I would encourage anyone to revise who has GERD.

Holy moly, so sorry you’re experiencing GERD still.

i how your team finds a solution and you can be pain free. That GERD pain is no joke. Maybe with time it will go away as well. Keep us updated

2 minutes ago, Bryn910 said:

Holy moly, so sorry you’re experiencing GERD still.

i how your team finds a solution and you can be pain free. That GERD pain is no joke. Maybe with time it will go away as well. Keep us updated

Thanks. As I'm typing the pain is radiating even into my back. If I were sitting around eating pizza and cheeseburgers I could understand. At this point death almost seems like a better option.

But if you were dead you wouldn't be,hanging with all us fine fine people. Doesn't take all ,the pain away,but,it might,make it feel a,little better. Do you have a heating pad or something like that to,put on it?

On 7/10/2018 at 11:02 PM, animallover1247 said:

Thanks. As I'm typing the pain is radiating even into my back. If I were sitting around eating pizza and cheeseburgers I could understand. At this point death almost seems like a better option.

Are you sure that's GERD? I've had some severe crippling bouts of GERD in my time and I never would've described it as going into my back

1 minute ago, Mhy12784 said:

Are you sure that's GERD? I've had some severe crippling bouts of GERD in my time and I never would've described it as going into my back

Yes. My friends husband is a PA in an ER so I called and asked him if severe GERD pain could radiate to throw back, he said absolutely. I then confirmed it with my surgeon. I do understand what you are saying though. I'm 45 and I've had GERD since I was a teenager. The first time I ever had the pain in my back like that wasnt until Sept of last year! went to the ER because I never suspected it was the GERD. After other tests were negative, that's what they told me it was and I verified it with two other medical professionals.

I will be converting to bypass from sleeve 8/6 because of GERD. I had the sleeve 4/6/2015. I was extremely successful and then old habits crept back in and I had the vicious regain. My bravo testing was off the charts so my insurance will be paying for the surgery.