Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just need to vent...

And if you ever need a Bari-Godmother, I am almost alway here. Like almost everyone else I Am A Work In Progress, I may start to stumble but I never fall because the people here believe in me but more important I believe in ME and I know that I will make a success of this, I'm staying to the end come H*** or High Water, I have started on this journey and I am not a quitter. Don't count me out for you can count,on me. And barring dropping dead which I could do, because,i course I'm 72, I will be here until my weight loss is done and maybe also afterwards. I am a tough old red feathered hen , farmer can't catch,me, farmer can't choke,me. If I weren't a hen I'd crow right about now![emoji213]
Bari-Godmother! Lol, love it!!! Thank you, I greatly appreciate it. And good for you! I hope your journey produces the results you desire!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

It’s crazy how much we have in common. I first saw my Bariatric surgeon on 4/25 and was sleeved on 6/25 also. I am older than you (32) and a female, but your feelings are exactly mine. I also have two little boys that I did this for. I want to run around with them at the park and not be so self-conscious and embarrassed of myself. I wish you the best of luck!!! You are going to do great!!

Dude. You had half of one of your internal organs removed. You're a f***ing bada$$.

I am with you. I was sleeved on 2\2\2018 and have lost 51lbs, so my current weight is 211. I am pleased with the weight loss, but need to take off another 50lb to get to goal.

The times that I am annoyed and disappointed with myself that I couldn't do this by myself (without a sleeve) are usually when we are eating out, or having something really nice for a meal and I can only eat 3 spoons of it. I often feel like I have punished myself and the dialogue in my head goes like this "You know, if you had been more self disciplined with dieting, you wouldn't have needed a sleeve and you would have been able to enjoy this meal". And so on.

Except that is not true. And I have the benefit of being twice your age and probably have done 10 more failed diets than you. Bargaining and using food as the chip is not a healthy mindset. "I will starve all week, so I can eat out on Saturday night." and it sure wasn't working for me. So I decided to go get sleeved.

But as it's already been said, the sleeve is only a tool. It is still freaking hard to make decisions at every single meal as to what you are going to put in your mouth. All the sleeve is, is a volume regulator. You can choose to fill that volume with ice cream or with salmon. With French fries or lean steak.

So you know what? I reckon we are still doing the hard work. Making those food choices to be healthy ones. Cause hey, if THAT was easy, none of us would be here right?

So ease up on your self. You are doing a great thing for your kids and your partner, but most of all yourself!

Ur being too hard on yourself. Relinquish to the fact u needed help. Not shameful. We all need help once in awhile . Now utilize your tool and be happy knowing you have done what’s best for u and your little family. Best of success to you!!

BigLu,

Our bodies are all different. One person can eat what you previously did and weigh a normal amount. It isn’t fair, but it is life. This does not make you a failure. It simply makes you one of the people on this forum choosing life and health.

Again, you are NOT a failure. Consider all the steps, procedures, Protein Shakes, dedication, etc. that you’ve had to endure to get to this point. It is so tough the first few months, but it does get better.

Hang in there!

I felt the same way you did... I remember looking at my husband a week after surgery, crying my eyes out, asking him what did I just do to myself. I never thought I would feel emotional after the surgery. I honestly think the trauma of the surgery itself is more than just physical as I am not typically emotional like that. No worries... you will get through this and will start to have a more positive outlook. I think this is a natural part of healing so soon after surgery. Its coming to terms with the fact that your lifestyle has changed... for the better :). Good luck to you and congrats on your amazing weight loss!

Maaaaaaaaaan.... We all go through it. Trust me the first 8 to 12 weeks are tough. Being Hispanic my mom would make Pupusas, tamales, tacos... I thought I had mad a mistake by having the surgery. Everything I ate gave me heartburn and it was hard on me. I was doubting the process...TRUST the process!! Once I started losing weight and my family, Co-workers, and friends noticed it motivated me even more. I'm 6 months post op and I am now able to enjoy the foods I love in moderation. Even if its half a tamale or 1 taco I'm satisfied. I feel proud that I can walk away without eating 3 plates of food. Stay the course and good luck!!

I had my surgery on 6/25/18 and yes I as well have all sorts of thoughts and same emotions. “ nothing worth having is ever easy”. Vent and talk brother. Day by day and one leg at a time. It will get easier for all of us who have chosen this path.

I had my surgery 6/25 too! And let me tell you I regret it most days. I know that’s probably not the positive reply you wanted to hear but it’s real. I think being depressed for a little while is common after the surgery. If you think about it you’re trying to change a lifetime of habits very quickly and it’s a shock to the system. I haven’t lost anywhere close to the weight you have (only 20lbs) and you can’t tell which is super frustrating.
With that being said tho it takes time to adjust (I’m hoping). Both my sister and father had the surgery and they are both happy. Keep your head you, you definitely aren’t alone in the struggle.

And Lilo1 my darling child in Baiatrics, you are running your own race, not that of your sister or your Daddy, sure you will have your sucky moments, remember Bariatric Weight loss isn't like a rocket ship, more like a old jalopy, stopping, starting, occasional bursts of speed, but like the jalopy it is, if you keep control of your steering wheel, keep on the narrow freeway of weight control you will finally reach the goal line.
As for your other problem, as your body uses your fat as fuel, all kinds of fat solvable hormones get released into your bloodstream and your moods get erratic. Let me quote what a wiser lady veteran told me. Its like puberty but you don't get zits, like pregnancy but you don't get a cute baby out of it and menopause with its temprature and mood variances and lucky,lucky you, they happen all at once! And a spot of depression is not possible but probable, it is bewildering to have a new body and sometimes it is hard to take it all in. Sorrow only is here for a short while but joy, weight loss, and better health can last forever if you only,let it be. 💦😛🌈

On 7/10/2018 at 7:40 PM, BigLu18 said:

Side note: I'm so happy I found this forum. When I first signed up, I spent like 3 hours going through threads and I read up on so many things I could relate to. For example, how I'm so young and I can't even enjoy amusement parks with my friends or family because I don't fit on the rides. How I fear going to eat in public cause of the structural integrity of the furniture. How I hear all the comments and stares when I'm out in public with my better half (shes a very active and tiny little thing compared to me, definitely got lucky with her ). How I'm scared to ride in an airplane cause of the seatbelts. How I dread the summer time cause of the heat and the sweating and just everything! I felt I was alone and I could now relate to so many others.... it was just a sigh of relief to know I wasn't alone. I'm so sorry for the length of this post, I just needed to vent...

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

You're not a failure. I know that it may feel like it. We have similar stories. At one time in my life, I weighed 450 pounds, then I ended up working out and eating right, and I got down to about 260. Well, I gain it all back plus 13 pounds. I understand why I should feel like a failure, but I don't. I did fail the first time, I guess, but I haven't given up, so I don't consider myself a failure, and you shouldn't either. The reason I quoted the above section of your post is because your fears and thoughts are my fears and thoughts. I haven't been to an amusement park in YEARS, and I've always loved going. I'm afraid to fly because I know that I would need an extender, which is embarrassing, I've had to ask for one before. I'm fearful of going to restaurants because I don't know if I can fit in a booth or if the chairs will hold me. etc.... Just know you're not alone in all of this. We're all here going through similar things too.

I understand what you are saying. I've tried to diet, it doesn't work and I get frustrated. I can't fit in an airplane seat comfortably or without an extender seat belt. I can't go on rides at the amusement part with the kids. Unfortunately I grew up where we were given food as rewards. Cakes, sodas, etc. When we celebrated, we celebrated with food. I am looking forward to changing my life and my body.

On 7/10/2018 at 8:40 PM, BigLu18 said:

Why did it take for me to get sliced and diced for me to lose the weight. I feel like I let myself down. Like my "yoyo" effect was entirely my fault for not putting in 100% of the effort in my past diet attempts. I

BigLu just remember most times there will be more than one road to get us to our destination. For most of us we travelled on the diet road and we could never make it to our destination. We decided to take a different path (WLS) and find that has landed us at our destination. Once there we need to make every effort to stay there. The WLS was just the road map to get us to our destination. Believe it, the hard work starts every day for the rest of our lives if we want to stay here. Good luck and thank you for sharing your experience.

So many emotions evolve with the decision to make this step called surgery.

I have yoyo’d all my life. Being the bigger sister, the fat kid, the big boned teenager...lost a lot of weight after marriage. Lost both my parents and a child gained all back and then some. I blame pregnancy sometimes. I have a 6yr old special needs child. I’m doing this for her!! She is my rock! She depends on me to care for her. I can’t do that adequately at 315. She weighs 55lbs and I have to load I her into the car and to her wheelchair...so this whole process is for her!!!! I think that’s what makes it easier for me. I know it’s going to be tough and I may have regrets.

No matter how or how long it took me to get where I am. I know I have to change!

Keep your head up! Also glad I found this forum!