Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there!!! I have a gastric sleeve surgery in about a week, and I am super nervous about it.

I am also currently doing the two week all-liquid diet, and it blows. I will say, the Premier Protein chocolate Protein Drinks are really good though.

I will take all the encouragement I can get! Thanks so much and I hope to make some new friends here :)

You successfully complete one week of a two-week diet. That does not blow. That's great!! I hope your second week flies by. Good luck with your surgery.

Thank you so much! I’ve actually never had surgery in my whole life, so it’s a big deal :)

Hi there. I’m having my surgery tomorrow and I am super nervous. You’re doing great and you’re almost there so keep up the good work! I am a bundle of nerve today. Packed my bag last night. Clear fluids all day. Best of luck to you!

Here are a few things to do if you haven't already. It will take your mind off the upcoming event.

1. Take a good before photograph of yourself, so that you have something to compare to after surgery. Many times we are blind to our obesity. We do not see ourselves. Therefore when the weight begins to drop off rather dramatically, we question if this is really happening. Photographs are a good visualization of our success. Many people carry a before and after photo with them, just to remind themselves of their success.

2. Walk 30 minutes each day, every day until surgery (or equivalent exercise). Walking helps the recovery process go smoothly and minimized the pain levels from surgery.

3. Wean yourself from caffeine and carbonated beverages now. After I gave up my 6 diet coke a day habit, I suffered from a week of severe withdrawal syndrome consisting of severe headaches and body aches. I was miserable. You don't want to combine the effects of caffeine withdrawal with the effects of surgery.

7 minutes ago, James Marusek said:

. Take a good before photograph of yourself, so that you have something to compare to after surgery. Many times we are blind to our obesity. We do not see ourselves. Therefore when the weight begins to drop off rather dramatically, we question if this is really happening. Photographs are a good visualization of our success. Many people carry a before and after photo with them, just to remind themselves of their success.

I wish I had done this, as painful as it would have been at the time. Even my surgeon at my last appointment asked to see a before photo of me so he could compare the difference so far!

My surgery is in 2.5 weeks (July 26). I'm so nervous; never had surgery before. Saw the nutritionist today. Apparently the only pre op diet I need to follow is low carb, high Protein. What are some things you wish you'd known before surgery?

On 07/09/2018 at 16:23, jmccarty said:

My surgery is in 2.5 weeks (July 26). I'm so nervous; never had surgery before. Saw the nutritionist today. Apparently the only pre op diet I need to follow is low carb, high Protein. What are some things you wish you'd known before surgery?

Hi, my surgery is July 25th

If all approved surgery is July 25. Very nervous but going to look forward to the new me. We all will soon be on the loser bench.

One thing I going to enjoy doing after my surgery and losing the weight. Is taking tons of pictures with my son, I was always hiding behind the
Camera.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

07/09/2018 06:56 PM, newmeinfla said:

If all approved surgery is July 25. Very nervous but going to look forward to the new me. We all will soon be on the loser bench.

One thing I going to enjoy doing after my surgery and losing the weight. Is taking tons of pictures with my son, I was always hiding behind the
Camera.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile  I’m the 25th

Hurray for one week of preop diet done! Today is my first day of preop diet and I'm getting really cocky because I have a big supply of fancy Whole Foods Bone Broth and jello--I hope I'm feeling good in a week! My surgery is July 23rd! I'll be rooting for you!

Can any of you fine folks tell me how to quote someone’s post when responding? I can’t figure it out :)

On 07/09/2018 at 20:42, heyprofessor said:

Hurray for one week of preop diet done! Today is my first day of preop diet and I'm getting really cocky because I have a big supply of fancy Whole Foods bone broth and jello--I hope I'm feeling good in a week! My surgery is July 23rd! I'll be rooting for you!
Nevermind- I figured it out :) It’s just been Protein Shakes, Jello, and popsicles for me, and so far it’s not too bad :)

On 07/09/2018 at 07:13, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

Hi there. I’m having my surgery tomorrow and I am super nervous. You’re doing great and you’re almost there so keep up the good work! I am a bundle of nerve today. Packed my bag last night. Clear fluids all day. Best of luck to you!

How did it go?