Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need advice and encouragement not ripped apart

[mention=343994]lisalou1968[/mention] Not only do you have a stomach made of steel, but you now have a new steely desire for success. In a weird way, your wayward homecoming that led to some dangerously taboo eating ended up helping you.
It makes me sad [emoji20] that you predicted a beatdown just for sharing an unfortunate post-op experience. While there will always be people around who are inclined to be judgmental (particularly when they can be anonymous), the majority of people who belong to this forum seem to be more interested in helping each other deal with their ups and downs.
I thought your post was very brave. I'm not sure that I'm as brave as you were.
By the way, there are several of us here who have abuse and trauma as souvenirs of our childhoods. I'm one of those people, so you can expect plenty of empathy from me.
Thank you very much you have no idea that your post really impacted me and touch my heart thank you for being so supportive and non-judgmental against me I am having the hardest time I almost regret having the surgery not only am I having issues with this surgery and trying to make better choices and learn as much as I can about the sleeve which by the way I should have done before I have the surgery I am dealing with an alcoholic adulterous husband which is causing more emotional pain besides the pain that I have dealt with since a child I am in the process of checking myself into some serious counseling to get over the problems of my past once and for all so that it doesn't lead back to eating my way through the pain I have lots of things to conquer but I am strong I am smart and I'm Not Dead I will overcome these things I will live and maybe one day find happiness Within Myself first and then hopefully in a meaningful relationship with someone that I deserve vice versa thank you for sharing I really enjoyed reading your post it touched me and led me to think of lots of other things kind of outside the box what a support and Super Trooper you are thank you again[emoji5] [emoji7] I absolutely loved your post what encouraging words!!!!

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Great advice from a successful veteran!
Yes absolutely great advice I read every word and will keep reading it over and over that seem to be very encouraging and helping me especially to remind me to think about the reasons all the reasons that I had my sleeve surgery[emoji7]

You definitely should go to the suppprts groups I hope your office has
everyone is different
don’t think you stretched the sleeve
how often do you see your doc????
i see my doc almost every week...I’m 5 weeks out
i see nutrition every week or as much as I want. I call them all the time.
see me....I won’t put it in my mouth till nutrition says ok.
I am terrified of going back in hospital and starting over
also terrified of getting naseaus
which I am anyway
i would say get more in person support

good luck hon
Sounds like you and I may have had our sleeve about the same time if you are 5 weeks out I had my surgery done on May 30th 18 thank you for your advice would love to hear back from you how are you doing???[emoji5]

And Lisalou1968 talk to,me any time you want. I'm still pre Surgery but don't let that be a stopper, I have lived a long time(72) in fact if you were born in 68 I have a daughter about your age. None of us are perfect, we have made dietary goofs , both before and after. You're lucky your body hasn't made you repent before this time, but you have to resolve to do better. I'll confess my latest one, if I don't find Something healthy to eat I starve myself, and I know I am going pay for that by my metabolism slowing and it's slow enough already. So although,most people on here advise against it, I have started adding a Protein Shake for,lunch. Why they warn against,it is that you get sick of them after a while. But without them I forget to stop and take anything,in for lunch. If I do get sick of them it will be on my shoulders!
I'm still waiting for,my exact,date, it will be 3 years next month since I started seeking it, went through a program twice, didn't get my surgery, their fault, not really mine and now I am ready again with a better for me truthful set of people. But I guess it's has been do long I get tempted to eat anything I want cause nothing is happening very fast. But I have invested so much time and effort, I will not mess up now! Should be yet this month, I will definitely know 16th July if not sooner. Any,prayers good wishes witch doctor mutterings all gratefully accepted- I just want this wait to be over. In the meantime I'm den mother for most everyone else, it just hurts when they get their surgery and I haven't got mine. But I will,I wiil, I have to believe I will.[emoji14]
What great advice you have given and how sweet you are I pray and I will keep you in my prayers that you will have your surgery very soon hang in there I know it's not easy and it's even not easy after the surgery but at least it is easier thank you for your advice good luck to you and you can send me a message anytime I'd love to hear back from you[emoji5]

Lislou1968

i had surgery June 1!

im ok, had naseaus issues.

think I discovered that it was me not eating enough

it’s a full time job to eat

other then that, ok

First get in touch with your team and tell them everything , they have resources that can help you , nutritionists , therapist, etc.
Next get in touch with yourself, figure out why you were self sabotaging
Last forgive the past mistakes and move all the way on from them

@lisalou, I meet with my surgeon July17th and then it should be my final countdown toward surgery. I would say the last week of July looks pretty likely🏣but maybe before then?😛

First get in touch with your team and tell them everything , they have resources that can help you , nutritionists , therapist, etc.
Next get in touch with yourself, figure out why you were self sabotaging
Last forgive the past mistakes and move all the way on from them
Thank you for your advice I really appreciate your concern and your help I am working on it and do a little every day[emoji5]

@lisalou, I meet with my surgeon July17th and then it should be my final countdown toward surgery. I would say the last week of July looks pretty likely[emoji540]but maybe before then?[emoji14]
Well I sure hope so for your sake I know the sooner the better you waited for so long already but maybe before then just hang in there it's right around the corner wishing you well you got this girl!!!!!

Lislou1968

i had surgery June 1!
im ok, had naseaus issues.
think I discovered that it was me not eating enough
it’s a full time job to eat
other then that, ok
Well it looks like you and I are only one day apart I hope that we can stay in touch and become kind of sleeve buddies LOL I am willing to share my experiences and story with you and also some really good ideas that I have found that has helped me if you wish to exchange your thoughts my number is 409-344-7263 I usually stay up really late at night till usually around 3 or 4 in the morning and sleep until noon but you can call me anytime it never hurts to have a friend or extra person to talk to if you feel comfortable I am totally harmless and would love to talk about weight loss and sleeve surgery and experiences[emoji5]

34 minutes ago, lisalou1968 said:

Well I sure hope so for your sake I know the sooner the better you waited for so long already but maybe before then just hang in there it's right around the corner wishing you well you got this girl!!!!!

I just followed u

💕💕

I just followed u
[emoji177][emoji177]
I am new to this site and I'm not good with phones or computers I am using my Android phone I don't know how to follow you or what that means or what it does LOL my number is 409 344 7263 I live in Port Arthur Texas I'm not sure if it's long distance for you to call me but I have unlimited long distance if you feel safe to talk I am totally harmless and would love to have a sleeve buddy but you haven't had your surgery yet that doesn't mean that we can't talk and give each other pros and cons I would love to be friends and discuss weight loss surgery sleeve and other weight loss issues if you care to be friends and talk over the phone if you don't feel comfortable and you only want to go through this site I totally understand there are so many crazy people in this world but just to let you know and I understand that you have no way to verify this but I am not a freak a pervert or some kind of crazy serial killer I am a 50 year old woman white with two kids ages 11 and 9 I was recently married but move my husband out due to cheating anyways if you care to talk about the sleeve I'm always a phone call or a message away[emoji5]

1 hour ago, Frustr8 said:

@lisalou, I meet with my surgeon July17th and then it should be my final countdown toward surgery. I would say the last week of July looks pretty likely🏣but maybe before then?😛

I'll pray for earlier!

I just followed u
[emoji177][emoji177]
Oh wait a minute now I'm confused are you the one that just had surgery June the 1st or you the one that still waiting on surgery I think I have you confused with someone else but however I'm still looking for a person to talk to you either through this site or by phone about weight loss pros and cons and the sleeve I left my number in the other message if you care to talk over the phone you can block your number if that would make you feel more comfortable[emoji5] your new sleeve friend BTW my name is Lisa[emoji5]

I'll pray for earlier!
I don't know how your surgeon schedules but my final appointment was just like any other appointment except for they added to tell me when to be at the hospital and to give me my surgery packet it was an exciting day and my surgery was two or three days after that hopefully yours will be the same[emoji5]