Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need advice and encouragement not ripped apart

And Lisalou1968 talk to,me any time you want. I'm still pre Surgery but don't let that be a stopper, I have lived a long time(72) in fact if you were born in 68 I have a daughter about your age. None of us are perfect, we have made dietary goofs , both before and after. You're lucky your body hasn't made you repent before this time, but you have to resolve to do better. I'll confess my latest one, if I don't find Something healthy to eat I starve myself, and I know I am going pay for that by my metabolism slowing and it's slow enough already. So although,most people on here advise against it, I have started adding a Protein Shake for,lunch. Why they warn against,it is that you get sick of them after a while. But without them I forget to stop and take anything,in for lunch. If I do get sick of them it will be on my shoulders!
I'm still waiting for,my exact,date, it will be 3 years next month since I started seeking it, went through a program twice, didn't get my surgery, their fault, not really mine and now I am ready again with a better for me truthful set of people. But I guess it's has been do long I get tempted to eat anything I want cause nothing is happening very fast. But I have invested so much time and effort, I will not mess up now! Should be yet this month, I will definitely know 16th July if not sooner. Any,prayers good wishes witch doctor mutterings all gratefully accepted- I just want this wait to be over. In the meantime I'm den mother for most everyone else, it just hurts when they get their surgery and I haven't got mine. But I will,I wiil, I have to believe I will.😛

Everyone has given you very good advice.
You sound motivated to get back on track.
It sounds like you slipped through the cracks, information-wise, and you are trying to turn it around.
It was very brave to reach out.
I wish you the very best.

Everyone has given you very good advice.
You sound motivated to get back on track.
It sounds like you slipped through the cracks, information-wise, and you are trying to turn it around.
It was very brave to reach out.
I wish you the very best.
Awwwwww THANK YOU that is very sweet of you thank you for your encouragement yes I am very motivated and I did slip through the cracks information wise but I am trying to get there hopefully now that I am making better choices and getting advice and support the weight will start coming off as I take the steps necessary and follow all the rules

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

And Lisalou1968 talk to,me any time you want. I'm still pre Surgery but don't let that be a stopper, I have lived a long time(72) in fact if you were born in 68 I have a daughter about your age. None of us are perfect, we have made dietary goofs , both before and after. You're lucky your body hasn't made you repent before this time, but you have to resolve to do better. I'll confess my latest one, if I don't find Something healthy to eat I starve myself, and I know I am going pay for that by my metabolism slowing and it's slow enough already. So although,most people on here advise against it, I have started adding a Protein Shake for,lunch. Why they warn against,it is that you get sick of them after a while. But without them I forget to stop and take anything,in for lunch. If I do get sick of them it will be on my shoulders!
I'm still waiting for,my exact,date, it will be 3 years next month since I started seeking it, went through a program twice, didn't get my surgery, their fault, not really mine and now I am ready again with a better for me truthful set of people. But I guess it's has been do long I get tempted to eat anything I want cause nothing is happening very fast. But I have invested so much time and effort, I will not mess up now! Should be yet this month, I will definitely know 16th July if not sooner. Any,prayers good wishes witch doctor mutterings all gratefully accepted- I just want this wait to be over. In the meantime I'm den mother for most everyone else, it just hurts when they get their surgery and I haven't got mine. But I will,I wiil, I have to believe I will.[emoji14]
Thank you for your advice and I will definitely take it to heart I have Incorporated shakes into my life now they are a lifesaver I use the Premier Protein shakes from Walmart that's what my doctor recommended I have tried all flavors my favorite is good vanilla it's good by itself but it's also great to make a Protein shake with as a base in the blender I went on Pinterest and search for bariatric shakes to change up the flavor there is a world of information on there and extracts are your best friends from extracts I have learned to make all kinds of flavors even mint chocolate chip LOL thank you for all your encouragement I wish you well and hope that you get your surgery soon it hurts to put in all the work and then be turned away or fall through the cracks keep your chin up it will happen very soon for you!!! I will keep you in my prayers and ask God to expedite you are surgery!!!![emoji5] [emoji5]

Lisalou, try the Premier Protein Water. It has 20 grams of Protein, only 90 calories, 1 gram carb and 0 sugar. It will help you with snaking and great in between meals. I’m so proud of you. The first step to getting better is admitting you need help. Thank you for reaching out and keep pushing forward. You got this.

Lisalou, try the Premier Protein Water. It has 20 grams of Protein, only 90 calories, 1 gram carb and 0 sugar. It will help you with snaking and great in between meals. I’m so proud of you. The first step to getting better is admitting you need help. Thank you for reaching out and keep pushing forward. You got this.
Thank you for your words of advice and your encouragement it's not easy I thought I would get beat up on here for the choices that I've made where would I find a Protein Water I know I can buy the premiere Protein Shakes at Walmart but I've never seen the Premier water[emoji5] thank you again[emoji5]

We are all in this together

Where is your support system? Husband? Boyfriend? Friend? Therapist? In order to be successful we need to have the right people in our corner

Not much. My sister is a b***h

Friends. My doc and nutrition

I happen to be in therapy

my mom just died.

1 minute ago, Purple girl said:

Not much. My sister is a b***h

Friends. My doc and nutrition

I happen to be in therapy

my mom just died.

I'm so sorry about your mother. Everything is just hitting you all at once. (hugs)

A lot on your shoulders all at once. Well we are a ways away, but talk to us anytime. We understand in a way people who haven't been through it don't. You just got to be super strong for yourself and look out for you. But a Bariatric therapist is a good idea, we all can use some help at times. Never be afraid to ask for help, life can be bewildering.

Where is your support system? Husband? Boyfriend? Friend? Therapist? In order to be successful we need to have the right people in our corner
Like I stated at the beginning of my statement I was not properly prepared for this surgery but I'm learning to get a support system it's just taking me a little longer thank you for your concern

A lot on your shoulders all at once. Well we are a ways away, but talk to us anytime. We understand in a way people who haven't been through it don't. You just got to be super strong for yourself and look out for you. But a Bariatric therapist is a good idea, we all can use some help at times. Never be afraid to ask for help, life can be bewildering.
Thank you very much for your advice and encouragement I need it especially right now I do have a lot on my shoulders going through some major changes in my life best of luck to you as well[emoji5]

@lisalou1968 Not only do you have a stomach made of steel, but you now have a new steely desire for success. In a weird way, your wayward homecoming that led to some dangerously taboo eating ended up helping you.

It makes me sad :( that you predicted a beatdown just for sharing an unfortunate post-op experience. While there will always be people around who are inclined to be judgmental (particularly when they can be anonymous), the majority of people who belong to this forum seem to be more interested in helping each other deal with their ups and downs.

I thought your post was very brave. I'm not sure that I'm as brave as you were.

By the way, there are several of us here who have abuse and trauma as souvenirs of our childhoods. I'm one of those people, so you can expect plenty of empathy from me.