Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need advice and encouragement not ripped apart

Did your doctor's office not have nutritional class requirements? I realize that they're add different, but it sounds like you got cheated on the preparation side. I agree with Purple Girl, even if your doctor's group doesn't have a bariatric support group, check with local hospitals. I know that the group at my hospital is open to everyone. It doesn't matter where you had your surgery.
I did take nutritional classes before surgery but she basically talked about calories carbs Protein and measurements I never really got instructions on how to eat and what to eat until I left the hospital with a few paper handouts everything that I have learned has been in the last 30 days over Googling on my phone some of this stuff is blowing me away how I have been eating and the things that I'm not supposed to be doing I'm learning all on the internet and buy my phone such as bariatric pal I have done a 190 turn around and have been trying to follow the rules and learn everything I can about how to eat I am still very green and learning I am one month and 1 week post-op I have had to go back and kind of restart and I'm trying to learn as I go what to eat how to eat and how much to eat this hasn't been easy at all it seems as though I have a stomach made out of steel!!! It seems as though I can eat anything and everything nothing has made me sick in any kind of way if I overeat which is a lot more than I would say normal I do get a small pain in my stomach but other than that nothing has really bothered me of course I don't eat like that anymore and push myself I am trying to follow the rules

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Did your doctor's office not have nutritional class requirements? I realize that they're add different, but it sounds like you got cheated on the preparation side. I agree with Purple Girl, even if your doctor's group doesn't have a bariatric support group, check with local hospitals. I know that the group at my hospital is open to everyone. It doesn't matter where you had your surgery.
I am also going to be checking myself into some kind of support group probably at the hospital thank you all advice is accepted taking the heart I'm really working hard on trying to do this right I just hope the wait will start to come off[emoji32] [emoji32]

Just now, lisalou1968 said:

I am also going to be checking myself into some kind of support group probably at the hospital thank you all advice is accepted taking the heart I'm really working hard on trying to do this right I just hope the wait will start to come off

It will. When you follow the program, it works.

It will. When you follow the program, it works.
Thank you soooooo much!!!! [emoji5] I hope so I'm so thankful that my sleeve is still there in overeating hasn't ruined me and I still have today to start over and make better choices. I have also started doing a food journal and downloaded a food tracking app it seems to help me

2 minutes ago, lisalou1968 said:

Thank you soooooo much!!!! I hope so I'm so thankful that my sleeve is still there in overeating hasn't ruined me and I still have today to start over and make better choices. I have also started doing a food journal and downloaded a food tracking app it seems to help me

Definitely! I track all my food, every day.

Definitely! I track all my food, every day.
I never knew to do that until 3 days ago but I am doing it now and it seems to be helping me also using a measuring cup I still have to get me a food scale I just can't believe how I was eating versus how I'm supposed to be eating I still have to refer to the internet as what to eat how much to eat and how to eat this has been a total struggled but I'm glad I have you guys to turn to[emoji5] for advice and encouragement I don't have much of a support group here at home.

2 minutes ago, lisalou1968 said:

I still have to refer to the internet as what to eat how much to eat and how to eat

What happened to the handouts you got at the hospital?

Also, follow up with your surgeon's office, they should have someone who can help you get on track.

Also, follow up with your surgeon's office, they should have someone who can help you get on track.
Yes ma'am I have an appointment this week with my surgeon I plan to sit down with him and be completely honest 100% and tell him everything that's going on so that I can get the right kind of help.[emoji5]

I also had pulled out the handouts from the hospital they got mixed in with my discharge papers and just chunk aside but I am utilizing them now there's not a whole lot of information but some to at least get started

Why didn’t you get a gastric bypass or DS if you eat without control?

13 minutes ago, Yo-yo girl said:

Why didn’t you get a gastric bypass or DS if you eat without control?

How would that have made a difference? I'm not asking to be argumentative, but since I didn't have those surgeries, I don't know.

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

Plan your meals for the week, make a few days worth of food and measure it and store it so you can just grab it out of the fridge and eat it. I fill a gallon jug with Water every morning I put a mark at the 64oz count. I know when I have hit that point in the day. I go over that by at least 40 oz or more on a daily basis now. I know where every bathroom in town is. Track your food also.there are so great apps or just use paper.even if you have eaten something you know you shouldn’t have still be honest with your tracking.

Plan your meals for the week, make a few days worth of food and measure it and store it so you can just grab it out of the fridge and eat it. I fill a gallon jug with Water every morning I put a mark at the 64oz count. I know when I have hit that point in the day. I go over that by at least 40 oz or more on a daily basis now. I know where every bathroom in town is. Track your food also.there are so great apps or just use paper.even if you have eaten something you know you shouldn’t have still be honest with your tracking.
Thank you for your concern and advice I really appreciate it and take it to heart I need all the tips I can get I have to get this weight off of me it's very discouraging that I have over 8 and not 8 what I'm supposed to do when I'm supposed to and how I'm supposed to and see that I have had the sleeve and the weight is not coming off just because I haven't followed the rules I am trying a lot harder and staying more focused thanks again for your tips and advice and words of encouragement[emoji5]

It does make a difference and if you had done your research you would know that. I too have a problem controlling what I eat simply because I like food. 3 weeks after my bypass I really tried to eat rice Beans with chicken and avocado and guess what, I couldn’t. The 2 spoons I had landed on my stomach like a ton of bricks and the 3rd spoon I threw up. But guess what would happen if I could actually eat rice? I’d prob be eating it. And that’s why I got a bypass because if I could eat around my tool I probably would. It’s a legitimate question. people who get the sleeve understand that it’s a tool that helps you control the amount of food you eat but not the quality. So if you know you have a problem eating high fats and carbs and you can’t control it why not pick a surgery that keeps you from making those poor choices?

It does make a difference and if you had done your research you would know that. I too have a problem controlling what I eat simply because I like food. 3 weeks after my bypass I really tried to eat rice Beans with chicken and avocado and guess what, I couldn’t. The 2 spoons I had landed on my stomach like a ton of bricks and the 3rd spoon I threw up. But guess what would happen if I could actually eat rice? I’d prob be eating it. And that’s why I got a bypass because if I could eat around my tool I probably would. It’s a legitimate question. people who get the sleeve understand that it’s a tool that helps you control the amount of food you eat but not the quality. So if you know you have a problem eating high fats and carbs and you can’t control it why not pick a surgery that keeps you from making those poor choices?
Well if that's the truth which I don't know that I haven't spoke to a professional( Dr) it's probably because I didn't have that information before my surgery but hindsight's 20/20 I know that I've had the sleeve and I know now what to do. I'm on here for advice and support not hindsight good luck to you in your WL Journey