Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HOLY COW! Is this Dumping?

A supernumerary kidney? Hey, it beats having a supernumerary nipple.

http://www.wetpaint.com/celebrities-extra-body-parts-nick-jonas-extra-tooth-1442257/

A main difference my ShowMe State friend is that those nipples seldom work and our extra blessings do. My friend's worked so hard,she developed stones.😪

@Frustr8 Little Kitty and I are neighbors. (We live only a few miles apart in neighboring Missouri cities. Kitty's not from Kansas, despite her user name.)

I was just trying to make light of her situation to ease some of the tension. And I'm sure she knew that.

Edited by Missouri-Lee's Summit

@Kitty. Thanks for posting your video. You're beautiful.

I loved near the beginning (at about 0:26) and again (at about 4:38 and 5:38) where your cat(s) video-bombs your talk by casually walking down the hall upstairs and also downstairs!)

20 hours ago, Missouri-Lee's Summit said:

A supernumerary kidney? Hey, it beats having a supernumerary nipple.

http://www.wetpaint.com/celebrities-extra-body-parts-nick-jonas-extra-tooth-1442257/

LOL - this cracked me up! I have never heard of an extra nipple. Too funny.

P.S. - Thanks for all the love and watching my channel! Too sweet. LOL about my cat. That's my Ragdoll, Romeo. I'm not sure where Juliet was sleeping.

22 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

No I have been blessed that way. My mama's right was two fused together but they looked like a horseshoe but she did have 2 ureters. Mine, one goes into the bladder at the normal angle the other goes slightly diagonal about cm to cm and half above it in. Oh yes i,am strange and wonderful. I am lucky my most everything else including my uterus was properly developed. There are some ladies that have a single horned uterus, many of them havetroyblegetti,g pregnant and carrying to term, they invariably only have 1 kidney so I guess we are blessed. Since I am going to,be an RnY we will see if I then become a stone former. Bet I have a better than even chance. Have to go to the urologist tomorrow. Got funny symptom, when I urinate it feels like the urethra snaps shut and I get an electric jolt up my flanks to the kidneys. First suggestion was an UTI, sure doesn't feel like any I have ever had. PCP wanted me,i Lasix to calm down the lymphedema in my left leg but it doesn't seem to speed up the frequency of urination. Kind of puzzling.

Wishing you good luck at your doctor and hope you get some relief.

I'm back at work today for the first day after 2 weeks off. I brought my heating pad and it's helping with the throb in my flank area. I've been sitting pretty much most of the day so I'm sure that the rest and the Water I keep sipping is helping. I'm crossing fingers and toes that this too shall "pass".

Didn't find too much out at urologist, urine was clear, ultrasound scan of my bladder showed I emptied well so didn't get to actually see Dr, Partner, I still do not feel right.
Now to the good news OSU,called, I meet with Dr Needleman, my surgeon for my presurgical consult Tuesday July 17th, actual date will depend on 3day, 1 week, 2 week liquid pre diet, slim chance there won't be any. Its the Final Countdown! I'm❤ gonna❤ get ❤my ❤surgery!

@frust8 - Congratulations on an almost surgery date!

Exciting news! Just a quick update that I heard back from my surgical nurse and she too thought it was a kidney stone and that I probably passed it already on Saturday during that 20 minute psychotic episode. When I described my current pain and discomfort in my left hand side and back flank area, she said that often when in agony we can twist and turn in different positions and she thought that I probably had a muscular strain/pull. It does get better with Tylenol and then it begins to wear off and throb. She said as long as I don't have a fever and my urine is not discolored, rest and ice is best for the strain and thought I'd be feeling much better by next week. :) I'll continue sipping my Water.

On 7/7/2018 at 1:36 PM, Little Kansas Kitty said:

OMG, I literally thought I was dying (I'm 13 days post op RNY Gastric Bypass). I was watching Netflix with my son, when all of a sudden I felt sleepy and had instant back pain. I told my son I was going to lie down upstairs. I went upstairs and took some liquid Tylenol for the back pain. Suddenly I felt flushed, rapid heart beat and the pain in my back became unbearable. I couldn't sit. I couldn't lie down. I just sat at the edge of my bed rocking and moaning and dizzy. Then, I felt pangs of pain, kind of like inside under the top of both rib cages on both sides. I couldn't stop trying to breathe the pain out and rock my body back and forth and moan. I felt dizzy and a little hot and felt like any minute I was going to faint and have to be rushed to the hospital. It took about 20 minutes of intense pain and then it disappeared. Was this Dumping? I retraced my steps and diet today and I had one change and that was that I took a flinstone Multivitamin 2 hours ago. I told my doctor the other day that the Bariatric chewable multi-vitamins tasted chalky to me and I could barely stand them. He recommended Flinstones. I just checked the ingredients and there is glucose Syrup and sugar in them. Has anyone experienced these symptoms? Could it be dehydration or is this typical dumping? Sorry, so new to all of this still and I did not take a nutrition class so am learning from all of you and whatever I find online. This was super, super scary.

:o So, was this dumping? I saw that you were negative for kidney stones, but I'm not sure the consensus from the responders was that this was dumping... Or, am I incorrect?

I'm still pre-op, so I have no idea...

Some of your Vitamins can discolor your urine, Vit C in particular turns an orangey-gold. Did she say to look for a bloody tinge?

PrettyKitty, When taking any pain med, which includes Tylenol, always start your next dose about a half to one-hour before your previous dose wears off. For example, if you take one Tylenol every four hours, try taking the next dose at 3 1/2 hours.

Are you taking tablets or capsules? If tablets, you can cut the pill in half and take half at the 3 1/2 hour mark, and the other half at the prescribed time.

The purpose of this overlapping schedule is to prevent you from having to wait for the medication to kick in. Don't wait for your body to deplete the effects of your medication!

Did you scare the becheezits out of your cats and daughter while you were writhing in pain on Sunday?:D

3 hours ago, macadamia said:

:o So, was this dumping? I saw that you were negative for kidney stones, but I'm not sure the consensus from the responders was that this was dumping... Or, am I incorrect?

I'm still pre-op, so I have no idea...

Hi Macadamia! So, my doctor's office is pretty sure it was a kidney stone. Oh vey. They did tell me that dumping is not "painful". It's uncomfortable and causes nausea but it doesn't hurt. So, I'm with you and still clueless on what dumping will feel like. Congrats on being pre-op! This is such a great site for support.

And Kitty although you are from Missouri your cats could be from Kansas, hence they justify your names Glad you are getting better now!