Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Loose jiggly skin -- what do I have to look "forward" to?

On 7/7/2018 at 12:24 AM, Missouri-Lee's Summit said:

Where did it show up most noticeably?

@Missouri-Lee's Summit

my tushie and thighs, all wrinkled, terrible as others have said, :angry:

hubby said he could feel the difference at about 30 lbs!!

rather have loose loose skin than fat any day of the week, and twice on Sunday!!

kathy

On 7/7/2018 at 8:31 AM, AshAsh1 said:

My neck was HUGE....I had no neck at all

@AshAsh1

nice pic, what a difference:)i've always had a double double chin- PO it was terrible

i decided to splurge and have plastic surgery,I am worth it, and i look terrific;)

kathy

I am still the size of BIP the Michelin Man, resemble him enough to be his sister. Hey I'm trying I'm trying. That said I already have basting upper arms and a belly with Dunlap disease, so called because my gut done laps over, don't bode well for the future ,do it?
Just waiting for my surgeon or PCP to make a dig about my size. I will tell them if I could and maintain weight loss, I would not be asking to have my gastrointestinal system remodeled n renovated, realigned and rearranged. Someday , pray God, not too soon, when a pathologist opens me up for an autopsy he/she will say "Poor Thing, she had to have Bariatric Surgery!" Nope, never be the same as originally designed but I am willing to go for this tradeoff, pieces of me missing to continue living.😷🏣😵

Not basting Bat Wings although some days I do feel poorly sown together.

I started to see loose skin at about - 40 lbs. I was surprised, the first place I saw it was my inner thighs. Now at nearly 70 lbs, my arms are baby bat wings, and my boobs are deflated. My tummy still looks fat, not like loose skin (35 more lbs to go)

I went into WLS knowing that I would have plastics. I knew that at my age (40's) and how long I've been overweight (10+ yrs), my skin wasn't going to bounce back. I knew that if I was going to do this, I was going to go all the way, be happy with the way I look both in and out of clothes. But I was expecting to only have to do my stomach and boobs. It is looking like I'll need my arms and thighs as well, which is disappointing.

I have to say- I have extra skin everywhere.. not in my neck or anything... but also considering how much I’ve lost- it could be far worse. I’m getting full body plastics done next year. Until then/ luckily it’s “ tuckable” my jeggings and pants hide it mostly. Arms aren’t too crazy. Legs are thinner and shapely- but I have lots of upper thigh skin and lower butt skin...

On 07/11/2018 at 16:18, SGirl35 said:

I have to say- I have extra skin everywhere.. not in my neck or anything... but also considering how much I’ve lost- it could be far worse. I’m getting full body plastics done next year. Until then/ luckily it’s “ tuckable” my jeggings and pants hide it mostly. Arms aren’t too crazy. Legs are thinner and shapely- but I have lots of upper thigh skin and lower butt skin...
I never knew I’d become an expert tucker. My breasts and belly...I’ve really gotten good at it. It’s a hassle but it will make due until I can have plastics. Baby first tho!

13 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

I never knew I’d become an expert tucker. My breasts and belly...I’ve really gotten good at it. It’s a hassle but it will make due until I can have plastics. Baby first tho!

No point in stretching it all back out, huh?

Just now, Orchids&Dragons said:

No point in stretching it all back out, huh?

Exactly! My mom would probably pay me to do it the other way around. She actually has this theory that the more skin cells you have, the more your body can refill with fat. She thinks by eliminating all my access skin, I'll prevent regain. She is literally convinced of this...

I noticed loose skin and cellulite even before surgery and of course it is more noticeable now--once the estrogen went away at menopause my skin really looks old but it is what it is. I am diligently doing my upper body weight training every other day in addition to daily walking and oiling my skin after each shower. I already needed face/neck work due to 30 years as a smoker and that is also getting more noticeable. The rest of it I am going to live with.....that is what they make Spanx for. I already have the man of my dreams :rolleyes: so being nekkid is not really a concern and I will wear a bathing suit any time I feel like it!!

14 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

Exactly! My mom would probably pay me to do it the other way around. She actually has this theory that the more skin cells you have, the more your body can refill with fat. She thinks by eliminating all my access skin, I'll prevent regain. She is literally convinced of this...

Well, she probably has her science wrong. But according to this article "Patients Who Undergo Surgery to Remove Excess Skin Less Likely to Regain Weight after Bariatric Surgery"

https://www.plasticsurgery.org/news/press-releases/body-contouring-improves-long-term-weight-control-after-gastric-bypass

1 minute ago, sillykitty said:

Well, she probably has her science wrong. But according to this article "Patients Who Undergo Surgery to Remove Excess Skin Less Likely to Regain Weight after Bariatric Surgery"

https://www.plasticsurgery.org/news/press-releases/body-contouring-improves-long-term-weight-control-after-gastric-bypass

Oh no! Now I will have to tell her that her theory might be right :lol:. She will never let this go!

Just now, AshAsh1 said:

Oh no! Now I will have to tell her that her theory might be right :lol:. She will never let this go!

I don't think full disclosure is required in this case! :lol:

39 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

Pregnancy-stretching and the pouching that occurs postpartum is the only skin sag that I am actually proud of. Of course, breastfeeding is probably the single most amazing experience ever.

Freud's penis envy is ludicrous. A woman's body is the body to envy!

I'm just starting to notice the looser skin (and its not that bad) when I hit around 170 lbs which coincidentally is about 100 lbs loss from my heaviest weight ever. I see it in my upper thighs, arms and of course breasts. I had children more than a decade ago so that damage is set in stone But eventually I hope with toning or plastics I won't have to worry anymore.

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using BariatricPal mobile app