Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Loose jiggly skin -- what do I have to look "forward" to?

At what point did your skin begin to look loose and jiggly? Where did it show up most noticeably? Under the arms? Belly? Thighs?

For those who have had children, was your baby pouch even more pronounced?

How do you feel about your loose skin? Is it discouraging to see?

Be proud of your lose skin cause you have to earn it. Nothing says success in the WL game like some lose skin.

yes i have it. it got more noticeable as i dropped under 200 lbs. from slight to moderate it is all over, calves arms legs belly crotch. Its a price to be paid for where i was to where i am now and i will pay it gladly.

if you just cant stand it they have another surgery for that but not for me. life is what it is. move on time.

At what point did your skin begin to look loose and jiggly? Where did it show up most noticeably? Under the arms? Belly? Thighs?
For those who have had children, was your baby pouch even more pronounced?
How do you feel about your loose skin? Is it discouraging to see?
I am starting to notice my loose skin more and it is starting to bother me! But, I plan on talking to my doctor about it and when more or less would be a good time for skin surgery. I just know the pain is gonna be awful!! Look at it for now as a sign that you did it!! You're kicking ass!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

@allwet I've always thought of scars from any injuries or surgeries as survival badges. And my stretch marks from childbirth as medals of honor. I wonder why my brain didn't classify loose skin with the same sense of pride.

Yes! Loose skin will say something about where my body has been, what it's been through, and where it will not be returning!!

Thank you for your wise words. They helped to put my thoughts back on a positive track. :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

Edited by Missouri-Lee's Summit

You know, I think it honestly just depends. My neck was HUGE....I had no neck at all. I’d feel choked just sitting upward...my apnea’s were over 120 per hour, but I have no loose skin on my neck. I have the tiniest bit of a fat pocket left. And my stomach was huge as well, I thought surely my skin would hang below my pubic bone, because my fat does. I still have a ways to go, so maybe once the fat is gone and it’s just skin, I’ll feel differently, but right now it’s actually shrinking upwards.

image-0.0019073486328125.jpg

Since I lost first from my face, the first sagging was jowls and under my chin. It seems to be tightening up a bit now. The back of my thighs are downright hilarious! Fortunately, they don't get shown off too often. Of course, the boobies will never be the same. I'm not even sure where to take my bust measurement now!

As for baby bump skin - my last pregnancy was twins and they weighed in at 15.5 pounds total. I don't think that amount of stretch is ever going away.

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

My worst so far is my arms. I can tell I will have lots of extra skin there. I am tall so that helps some as I had more skin to begin with. I’m starting to see some small wrinkles in my abdomen and inner thighs.

Surgery wise I can see the boobs and arms will be prioritized.

I would much rather be at a healthy weight with loose skin than morbidly obese.

If you think you would want surgery after weight loss to remove skin, start saving when you have the weight loss surgery!

I've lost 150 and I do have a lot of loose skin. However, considering the amount of weight iost, it could look a lot worse. I've seen people who lost the about the same amount as me and their skin is worse than mine. I've never had an infection or rash. I can live with the skin below my neck. What bothers me is the skin on my face and neck. I've seen people to lose more weight than me and they don't have skin issues above the neck. Everyone is different and you never know how it's going to be until it happens. There are also other factors to consider such as age, genetics, pregnancy etc

Edited by animallover1247
Typo

I began to see loose skin literally 3 weeks after surgery. In my arms, thighs and lower belly.

Its gonna be there, I truly don’t care cause I would rather have loose skin and be healthy than skin filled with fat and unhealthy. Skin can always be removed if you want it to be gone.

I didn't see a lot of loose skin until I was over a year out. I actually was thinking I would be lucky and not have it too bad but then I woke up one morning and everything was sagging. My arms bother me the most because they are the hardest to deal with - everything else can be managed with Shapewear and a good bra. I workout a lot and just hate my arms both because I'm embarassed but also because they are very uncomfortable when I'm moving. And I typically have to buy shirts a size bigger to accommodate my arms (depending on the sleeve type). So yeah, that's first up for me on the surgery front.

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 8:10 AM, Orchids&Dragons said:

As for baby bump skin - my last pregnancy was twins and they weighed in at 15.5 pounds total. I don't think that amount of stretch is ever going away.

My sister's twins were 15.3lbs total. She went full term too. I admire any woman who carries two babies like that. She was miserable at the end.

15 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

My sister's twins were 15.3lbs total. She went full term too. I admire any woman who carries two babies like that. She was miserable at the end.

Not like you can change your mind halfway through!

Started noticing some loosening around the 1 month mark. 2 months it was quite noticeable. Now at 3 moving towards 4, I'm seeing more and more. Like recently my ass has started to sag, like a lot! My arms and legs got thin right away, I've got some "Bingo wings" going on, but I'm working on my Biceps and Triceps to fill that area in, working well. My stomach is a flap of wrinkly bs, but it's cool, I don't care at all, I mean, I'm down 123 lbs total at this point... there's going to be saggy wrinkly skin all over. I'm kinda proud of it. To a point.

On 7/7/2018 at 7:31 AM, AshAsh1 said:

You know, I think it honestly just depends. My neck was HUGE....I had no neck at all. I’d feel choked just sitting upward...my apnea’s were over 120 per hour, but I have no loose skin on my neck. I have the tiniest bit of a fat pocket left. And my stomach was huge as well, I thought surely my skin would hang below my pubic bone, because my fat does. I still have a ways to go, so maybe once the fat is gone and it’s just skin, I’ll feel differently, but right now it’s actually shrinking upwards.

image-0.0019073486328125.jpg

YOU look so good!