Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Appetite back with a vengance!

Just now, Orchids&Dragons said:

Where do you find the nutritional info for these? LOL!

no idea :) needed the laugh though thanks ;)

A lot of great advice here but you have to do your part and make the decision to change TODAY---get rid of all the processed, refined crap you are eating. You do not need it, your dogs don't need it and it is so bad for you.

You need lean Protein, fresh or frozen vegetables and a liberal amount of healthy fat. I do not think pureeing the meats in a blender and adding broth and plain yogurt to make them doable would be wrong.

Curious what you are drinking instead of Water. Crystal Light and others are okay but juices and sodas are not. 64 ounces per day minimum and actually more is better. Make sure your Protein Shakes are low carb and IMHO smoothies loaded with bananas and berries are not appropriate.

Commit to 7 days of no sugar, no fruit, no processed junk food and veggie carbs, protein and healthy fat only and you will feel less hungry. I would stop the insulin for now since being a bit high is much safer than low with Type II diabetes and continue to monitor. It will be rough for a few days but you can do it.

All kinds of exercise on YouTube or tapes/discs that do not require leaving the house. Post on here several times a day for support and encouragement.

Edited by MIZ60

2 hours ago, FancyChristine15 said:

You aren't eating the right types of foods though. Your meals should consist of mainly Protein with some veggies, and that is what will help you feel less hungry. You don't seem to be getting what we're saying. I think that hunger is real, and I believe that you ARE hungry. But I also believe that if you would eat the right foods, instead of a bunch of carbs, then you wouldn't feel so hungry. Also, if you increase your Water intake (use Mio to give it some flavor) then you won't be as hungry either.

I cant eat meat yet !!! The Protein I am getting right now is from Protein Powder and I get 90 grams EVERY DAY. I use crystal light pure, a Vitamin pack and protein powder in my Water every single day but unable to get to 65 ounces a day yet. For Christmas sake I could not even drink that BEFORE surgery. That will take TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant eat eggs!

I am getting frustrated with this thread too. I said that I ate the stuff left around the house from my parents visit and that was here pre surgery during the last 2 days. Sheesh...…….I said I am fighting hunger pangs and NOT emotional eating. I am not craving any food in particular I just feel HUNGER. I know the difference between trigger foods and emotional eating.

Here is my dinner. Blended chicken with spinach, pumpkin and peas. Well, the later end of it. This is the kind of thing that I have eaten for the last 2 weeks but with different variations

I have taken an acid reducer omeprazole as was suggested that acid can mimic hunger and hopefully this will help. I have not had acid or heartburn but who knows what is going on in that tiny pouch so i'll start using it in the morning every day again and pray it works wonders

dinner.jpg

People are trying to be helpful to you. But you seem determined to come up with reasons/excuses as to why you can’t. Seems more like you are trying to self sabotage. I wish you all the best.

You all need to go read my story first on my page before commenting further. Then you will realise that I have undergone major transformation in terms of my eating habits and my sugar levels. These BG levels are FABULOUS compared to what I was. I had insulin resistance diabetic neuropathy high blood pressure and venous issues in both legs PCOS endometriosis and perimenopause and hormones that are so out of whack that they wanted to put me on more drugs to only make me more medicated. My insulin intake is more than 50% LESS than what I was on. Not only do I not have high blood pressure but its normal to low. I am SO HAPPY for these milestones in merely under two months! Awesome

Now if we can just get the hunger pangs under control as my immediate need.

Thank you to everyone who was/ is trying to help.

I’m not sure OP is looking for our help or ways to get back on track.

2 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Where do you find the nutritional info for these? LOL!

I don't think I am ready to eat snakes ehehehehe

This is the most frustrating thread I have experienced in this forum, which is a first. Except for a few who are getting the crux of what i was trying to vent about.

It would seem that everyone has kept such a perfect track record that they have NEVER deviated or cheated...EVER. good for you!

I posted that I was disappointed about my expectation that hunger would be diminished as I had read it would be. my hunger never abated and I expressed disappointment in an expectation that was created about that from my research prior to surgery. I feel discouraged that I am not experiencing what I had READ and was told in pre surgery stages concerning hunger and appetite diminishing. I hope someone reads this and gets a picture that it may also not go that way with you. Some people seem to do well with not feeling as much hunger, but apparently that is not so for each person. I actually never heard of that when I was researching the VSG

I expressed that my parents had come back with me after surgery and that there was some food items here left from before I travelled. A total of 2 Protein Bars and some dark chocolate and the mac pie left from my parents trip. I ate them. Because I felt starving in addition to the 'healthy' foods I had pre prepared and eating all of the stuff that is on my list to eat. You are all getting on as if I have lived in Burger King for the last 2 days. Please keep things in their correct perspective

I am encouraged to see that some people have never deviated or struggled with going off track and that persons have overcome their hunger. Which makes those who struggle with it feel really special LOL

Ah well. Thank you

On 07/05/2018 at 18:29, jennifer13658 said:

Only 9 days out from bypass and I swear I’m hungry all the time. Is that normal?
Yes completely normal. Until you transition into soft foods, you will experience hunger. Foods with more texture, like meat and eggs will fill you up quickly once you progress to this stage. Try and stick to your program and eat foods that don’t “slide” through. Lean Protein first, and then non-starchy veggies.

I feel like I’m going nuts bc I was under the impression after the bypass you had considerable time before you felt that! Every time I’m around food my tummy feel “funny”. Not quite a growl but definitely empty! I’m panicking bc I am sad that it isn’t stopping even after my Protein Drinks. I have lost 20 pounds from the liver reduction diet and obviously surgery, but I just want it to stop.

I'd be hungry if I ate what you are eating too. We all have different carb tolerances. Mine is quite low. When you eat carbs your insulin goes up, then you get hungry when it goes down. Low carb keeps it from spiking. I strongly recommend you start doing research and learning about low carb foods and recipes. You will have to experiment to see how low you have to go to help with the hunger. I have been experimenting for over 2 years and am at a point where I basically do high qualilty Proteins (chicken, fish, beef and veggies (a lot of greens), and some berries. I did a lot of cheese, milk, greek yogurt (watch the sugar here, plain is better) in the beginning. Now more meat and low carb veggies. Lots of eggs and egg dishes also. You can do this and enjoy it. But you have to try different foods until you find what you Love. I also recommend you check out Paleo and Keto (DietDoctor) and the book The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung.

1 hour ago, MIZ60 said:

A lot of great advice here but you have to do your part and make the decision to change TODAY---get rid of all the processed, refined crap you are eating. You do not need it, your dogs don't need it and it is so bad for you.

You need lean Protein, fresh or frozen vegetables and a liberal amount of healthy fat. I do not think pureeing the meats in a blender and adding broth and plain yogurt to make them doable would be wrong.

Curious what you are drinking instead of Water. Crystal Light and others are okay but juices and sodas are not. 64 ounces per day minimum and actually more is better. Make sure your Protein Shakes are low carb and IMHO smoothies loaded with bananas and berries are not appropriate.

Commit to 7 days of no sugar, no fruit, no processed junk food and veggie carbs, Protein and healthy fat only and you will feel less hungry. I would stop the insulin for now since being a bit high is much safer than low with Type II diabetes and continue to monitor. It will be rough for a few days but you can do it.

All kinds of exercise on YouTube or tapes/discs that do not require leaving the house. Post on here several times a day for support and encouragement.

Curious what you are drinking instead of Water. - I drink Water with no sugar flavoring, a Vitamin pack and protein powder that has calories but no sugar or carbs.

You need lean Protein, fresh or frozen vegetables and a liberal amount of healthy fat. I do not think pureeing the meats in a blender and adding broth and plain yogurt to make them doable would be wrong. - that is what I have been eating :) Did you see the photo of my dinner tonight? spinach, pumpkin, peas with blended chicken. All of my 'meals' are organic and fresh vegetables except the bloody dark chocolate which is 80% and very little sugar

Commit to 7 days of no sugar, no fruit, no processed junk food and veggie carbs, protein and healthy fat only and you will feel less hungry. I would stop the insulin for now since being a bit high is much safer than low with Type II diabetes and continue to monitor. It will be rough for a few days but you can do it. - I committed to 4 weeks of that lol I do eat some fruit in my smoothies which I have only just started to do. banana, beet, spinach etc in them. Not in huge amounts either but to make it nutrient dense.

All kinds of exercise on YouTube or tapes/discs that do not require leaving the house. Post on here several times a day for support and encouragement. - I am a week behind when I was to start exercising. Hopefully the guy will get my relatively in good order treadmill working tomorrow. I went to start it yesterday and it would not start but the screen did light up! I started to scout out YouTube videos today and book marked them

21 minutes ago, jennifer13658 said:

I feel like I’m going nuts bc I was under the impression after the bypass you had considerable time before you felt that! Every time I’m around food my tummy feel “funny”. Not quite a growl but definitely empty! I’m panicking bc I am sad that it isn’t stopping even after my Protein Drinks. I have lost 20 pounds from the liver reduction diet and obviously surgery, but I just want it to stop.

I hope you are not discouraged by reading this thread. I think its a wake up call to me that my expectations about hunger control is not what my experience has been and maybe its the same for you too. It would appear that some people struggle more with hunger after WLS than some others do. We just have to DEAL with it and make the necessary adjustments. This thread today was to vent about my disappointment concerning that and feeling so hungry and eating things I should not have.

Nothing is easy - not even after WLS. I thought I would have a longer period of time where I would not be battling with hunger as much but guess what...…..that is not happening...…...so you and I just have to do whatever to overcome that expectation and do our best to move forward if it does not change

Congrats for being brave to do the surgery!

20 minutes ago, IveGotThePower said:

I'd be hungry if I ate what you are eating too. We all have different carb tolerances. Mine is quite low. When you eat carbs your insulin goes up, then you get hungry when it goes down. Low carb keeps it from spiking. I strongly recommend you start doing research and learning about low carb foods and recipes. You will have to experiment to see how low you have to go to help with the hunger. I have been experimenting for over 2 years and am at a point where I basically do high qualilty Proteins (chicken, fish, beef and veggies (a lot of greens), and some berries. I did a lot of cheese, milk, greek yogurt (watch the sugar here, plain is better) in the beginning. Now more meat and low carb veggies. Lots of eggs and egg dishes also. You can do this and enjoy it. But you have to try different foods until you find what you Love. I also recommend you check out Paleo and Keto (DietDoctor) and the book The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung.

Congrats on your 93 lbs WL! I do know what I am 'supposed ' to eat. When I feel so hungry I would eat my foot or whatever is close to hand. I use the low fat Greek yogurt from Pricesmart brand which does not have much sugar or carbs at all. We have a pricesmart in Barbados :)

I am breaking 25 years of food addiction and its been about 5 months now of changed eating. But its not easy at all. still difficult at times even after surgery.....God help me...…….

When I am able to eat meats again (without blending) I will likely follow the keto diet which is what I had started to do a couple months prior to surgery