Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

magpie26...

i agree. Last night I ate wonton broth with the one inside, no wrapper. Felt great for like 3 hrs

i think my stomach wants food that will not digest in 2 secon

i think we underestimate how long it take for food to digest.

We never saw Naseau cause we would eat things that would take awhile to digest.

cant wait to see doc Tuesday

so I can go back to trying real food

I felt the same way early on and wanted to die from the nausea. Found out it was all related to my pain killers which when I discontinued them I found out I didn’t have any pain. Was taking them because I was afraid of having pain. It was a lot easier after that.

Never even ventured there. I didn’t take any pain killers

they’ll do it every time

This only an educated guess, you are still very swollen inside. Let's examine two good reasons
1. While you were asleep,you had an endo -tracheal in place to help you breathe. Don't worry, every Man- Jack of us did or will have one. It goes with the territory, this is not the type you sit upright in a dental chair for! No matter how gentle a surgeon or an anesthesiologist is, and most of them have done it so often they are smooth as silk with it, there can be a little scraping going in or coming out. Its okay, it will heal, when you have your tonsils out, they give ice cream, we bariatric,patients get cheated,we have to,make do with sugar free popsicles.
2. Your stomach is also swollen, doesn't matter whether,you now have a banananrama sleeve or a kangaroo pouch, you fall heir to swelling. While,you are healing,in other ways, your poor stomach is saying WTF,did YOU do to,little ME? And it shows its displeasure by being red and swollen inside. That too will heal, and like every surgical patient, there will be pain. What pain is worse? Good question, but every one of them hurts, I have had abdominal, facial , arm and leg incisions and healed well from them all. But not a single one of them made me want to,go dance through the daffodils. You are early days yet, give yourself permission to heal.
Remember:
Every Day and in Every day,You are going,to,get better and better. Usually my 3 and 4 days were the worst but we all vary. A very good friend was Day#2 , anotherwas fine until day 7 when she wanted to find her surgeon and turn him into a steer. if you get,my drift. Lucky for him he went,on holiday in either the Bahamas or Barbados where Bajan Sleeve lives. But my friend had fire in her eyes and malice in her ❤toward him.
Darling, check it,out with your own doctor,when you see him, but I am virtually certain you will be just fine!😛

On 07/08/2018 at 11:44, genevao said:

I’m in week 1 and if I eat a popsicle it hurts, if I drink Water, it hurts. is this normal?
Try hot Water ... cold water really bothered me for a long time. The hot water (decaf tea etc) worked

Hello, new on here. Surgery date is 8-22-18. I’ve been waiting a loooong time to get this done and know it’s not going to be easy. I’m psyched for the long haul. Down the road I will be glad and the initial pain etc will be behind me.
I am a food addict. Comments on how you are handling that anyone who is like me?

On 07/08/2018 at 13:26, BostonWLKC said:

Try hot Water ... cold Water really bothered me for a long time. The hot water (decaf tea etc) worked
Thank you, will try. I think I’m just bummed because my two friends that had it didn’t have this much pain, I’ve been in pain all week.

On 07/08/2018 at 12:12, Frustr8 said:

This only an educated guess, you are still very swollen inside. Let's examine two good reasons

1. While you were asleep,you had an endo -tracheal in place to help you breathe. Don't worry, every Man- Jack of us did or will have one. It goes with the territory, this is not the type you sit upright in a dental chair for! No matter how gentle a surgeon or an anesthesiologist is, and most of them have done it so often they are smooth as silk with it, there can be a little scraping going in or coming out. Its okay, it will heal, when you have your tonsils out, they give ice cream, we bariatric,patients get cheated,we have to,make do with sugar free popsicles.

2. Your stomach is also swollen, doesn't matter whether,you now have a banananrama sleeve or a kangaroo pouch, you fall heir to swelling. While,you are healing,in other ways, your poor stomach is saying WTF,did YOU do to,little ME? And it shows its displeasure by being red and swollen inside. That too will heal, and like every surgical patient, there will be pain. What pain is worse? Good question, but every one of them hurts, I have had abdominal, facial , arm and leg incisions and healed well from them all. But not a single one of them made me want to,go dance through the daffodils. You are early days yet, give yourself permission to heal.

Remember:

Every Day and in Every day,You are going,to,get better and better. Usually my 3 and 4 days were the worst but we all vary. A very good friend was Day#2 , anotherwas fine until day 7 when she wanted to find her surgeon and turn him into a steer. if you get,my drift. Lucky for him he went,on holiday in either the Bahamas or Barbados where Bajan Sleeve lives. But my friend had fire in her eyes and malice in her ❤toward him.

Darling, check it,out with your own doctor,when you see him, but I am virtually certain you will be just fine!😛
Let’s hope that all it is. Cause I’m set on the fact that this isn’t normal and something must be wrong. Thank you for the encouragement!

On 7/6/2018 at 7:47 PM, kimberlymi said:

Purple Girl, sorry you are feeling so bad. The mint oil will help also if you rub a little on your abdomen just not on your surgery sites. You are probably stressed out to try some lavender oil on your wrist and behind your ears it helps relax you. You can also mix 4 or5 drops in a spray bottle (6 to 8 oz water) and spray it on your pillows before bed.
Feel better soon

This is not a great idea when someone is already suffering from hives.

On 7/8/2018 at 11:12 AM, Frustr8 said:

Remember:

I am so confused, have you had the surgery or not yet? Is your story somewhere I can read?

My nausea didnt stop till 1.5 months. It'll get better as you introduce more foods. Keep taking your zofran.

5 hours ago, aery said:

This is not a great idea when someone is already suffering from hives.

Thanks

think the swollen piece is right

slow and steady

On 7/9/2018 at 12:58 PM, aery said:

I am so confused, have you had the surgery or not yet? Is your story somewhere I can read?

Are you asking me or Frustr8? Frust8 was replying to me regarding my post about having surgery a week ago. I don't believe Frust8 has had surgery yet.