Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surviving the liquid diet

I need help and suggestion, I have the Protein Shake, and powder, Soup broth, juice. What else can I have. Also do anyone else going though hot flashes. and light headiness. And I'm only on day 2, help any suggestion.

you can have sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jello, Water down the juice, Decaf tea with no milk. The liquid only stage is quite rough to get through but you only got to get through 10 days of it. Make sure you add electrolytes to your liquids which will help you a lot with the weak feeling you are getting and will help to stabilize your blood pressure which can get very low a couple weeks post op.

I started to drink the glucerna ready made Protein Shakes from day 8. I just watered them down a bit so they were not so thick. Those SAVED me because I was feeling so hungry. strawberry is my favourite, then butter pecan, chocolate and vanilla in that order. Everyone's preferences vary. But those really helped me survive the liquid only period.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N20Z1KJ/ref=twister_B01CTYE2VC?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Edited by BajanSleeve

I am in day 5 post op, it is a struggle. I think the clear Protein broth is saving me. I tend to do okay until dinner. But the warm makes me feel like I am having a meal and the protein helps with the hunger.

i was instructed 1 week of Clear Liquids then add Protein Shakes and continue one more week. Cooking for holiday parties is not helping

I am using the chicken Bouillon cubes, it's helping. something hot and savory.

Yes to the hot flashes!! Mine was mainly because I had to stop birth control a month before so my hormones were going crazy.

I'm on day 8 of my pre op diet. Mine is a little different because I'm using meal supplements from my weight loss center and then I am allowed 1 meal which consists of 4-5 ounces of lean meat and 1 cup of non starchy vegetables. This was an easier choice for me because I didn't trust I'd do well with trying to figure out all I could and couldn't have so having pretty much everything planned out for me was a less stressful plan during a stressful 2 weeks.

It has definitely been hard and I've wanted all kinds of things. At first I thought this was terrible timing because of the holiday and all of the gatherings revolving around food, but this has ended up being a good trial for what things might look like after surgery.

I also started to experience dizziness around day 2 and 3. I worried at first but I had a scheduled visit with my surgeon and she said dizziness is normal. My surgery is in one week and this diet is getting a little easier each day. I think I just miss eating more than actually being hungry.

Shimmy shade you had to go off of your bc? My surgeon hasn’t mentioned that yet. Is that normal? I’m on implanon which is implanted into the arm.

35 minutes ago, kjuno said:

Shimmy shade you had to go off of your bc? My surgeon hasn’t mentioned that yet. Is that normal? I’m on implanon which is implanted into the arm.

They had me do it to reduce the chances of blood clots. I know not all surgeons require it, but it would be a good idea to bring it up to yours so you have peace of mind.

Hi, I'm trying to be on a schedule every 3hrs shakes, or hot Soup etc. Drink Water with Crystal light in between. I'm still hungry but I see the light at the in of the tunnel. Hang in there you got this!

HW 405lbs
CW 318
SW
GW 160
Happy weight loss!

The first week is just about over, it started ruff but now it's like I don't pay food any attention, My husband he eats away from me. But now that don't bother me. It's all in your mine set, once you get your liquids right and what satisfies you. Thing go better.

On 7/4/2018 at 12:40 PM, kjuno said:

I have Mirena and because I can't "stop" taking it, my surgeon is just having me do twenty days of the lovenox shots after surgery rather than the ten they usually make their patients do.