Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The liquid diet can be challenging. I am finishing up my first week and I am finally not dying of hunger pains. I am also allowed cottage cheese, cheese sticks, and yogurt each day too. So, my question for you is, have you cheated on your pre op diet? I have not but believe me, I would love a cheeseburger right about now!!

The liquid diet can be challenging. I am finishing up my first week and I am finally not dying of hunger pains. I am also allowed cottage cheese, cheese sticks, and yogurt each day too. So, my question for you is, have you cheated on your pre op diet? I have not but believe me, I would love a cheeseburger right about now!!
Day 5 for me. No cheating at all. I hate food commercials though. The pizza ones kill me. I get 2 shakes a day and one meal. I've been doing a shake for Breakfast and lunch. Then a 3oz piece of chicken and a vegatable for dinner. I can have 2 Snacks. Usually have a small salad with a tiny bit of olive oil and red wine vinegar. I get hungry in between but stretch out times between because I only sleep 3 to 4 hours a night

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow!! It would be so much easier if I was allowed a meal in the evening.. evenings are harder than daytime. I’m a teacher so I am home all summer but I wish I would have done it during the school year as I would be too busy to think about food.

Late night is the worst for me. Seems like my brain has nothing else to focus on but food. O know I'm not hungry but damn I wanna eat.
Too bad you couldn't time it so the diet was right at the end of the school year

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah, I agree.. my original date was the 31 of July.. I’m glad it got moved up 3 weeks so I can eat “normal” food when I go back to work.

Was shakes only for 2w, and my only cheat was six small pieces of calamari and a half-hour of wine (was leaving my old workplace right before surgery and it was my going-away party...hard to balance health and social norms sometimes!)

17 hours ago, Simpson062681 said:

I did. Not often, and I was smart about what I cheated with. I was allowed celery. One night while at a friends house for a movie night party, I had a small scoop of taco beef on one of my celery sticks. I did also have a small slice of meat pie at my father's 60th birthday party at a restaurant, but other than that, I stuck to my diet and nothing "bad" happened.

I'm a little over two months post op and did not cheat during my two week liquid diet. I had nothing to chew and those food commercials really challenged me mentally. I was afraid to cheat because I didn't want to get to surgery and find out my liver didn't shrink and they'd have to postpone it. Hang in there guys!

Sleeved on April 25, 2018
HW: 258
SW: 238
CW: 217
GW: 165

I had brown rice this weekend with my roasted chicken. I'm on the low carb-low fat liver shrinking diet.

I had convinced myself that white rice was the enemy. My dietician corrected me on Monday. :/

I should have known that it was too "filling" to truly be allowed. LOL

Oh, and a spoonful of Peanut Butter has also pulled me back from the edge of a full meltdown on about day two of the diet.

But my weight loss has remained steady. My cravings have also subsided. This weekend I was about 3-4 days into the diet... which is the worst part. I'm not craving now and I feel much better and so much more alert and 'awake', now.

Also, finally getting use to the sweet after taste of these dang Protein Shakes. SMH... the worst.

Edited by Lioness815

Oh I cheated with some chicken, tuna and cucumber in the beginning, and I felt so guilty that I buckled down and punished myself. My program was shakes and allowed additives like fruit, oatmeal, Peanut Butter, skim milk, ect. I literally mixed the powder with plain Water for the last week of my pre op diet. No doubt I was in ketosis and I ended up loosing 27lbs in that 2 weeks, 20lbs of which was the last week.

Edited by AshAsh1

20 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

Oh I cheated with some chicken, tuna and cucumber in the beginning, and I felt so guilty that I buckled down and punished myself. My program was shakes and allowed additives like fruit, oatmeal, Peanut Butter, skim milk, ect. I literally mixed the powder with plain Water for the last week of my pre op diet. No doubt I was in ketosis and I ended up loosing 27lbs in that 2 weeks, 20lbs of which was the last week.

Wow! Good job on plowing through.

I'm thinking about cheating in a few days.(lean and green) I need a day off lol I'm doing 28 days liquids only. I understand how you feel

HW 405lbs
CW 318
SW
GW 160
Happy weight loss!

I think it really depends. You can tell by all the different variations of the "pre-op diet" that there's no hard and fast answer about what should and shouldn't be eaten. Some people only have liquids, some have liquids with a lean and green. If you're only on liquids then a lean and green would be a cheat. If I'm allowed lean & green then rice or potatoes might be a cheat. I think 1 cheat isn't going to kill anyone if you can stick to ONE cheat and not let it escalate out of control. I went to Disney in the middle of my 2 week pre-op diet. The nurse flat out said if I'm going to cheat go ahead and do it then, don't wait til right before the surgery. I didn't go crazy at Disney but I wasn't as lean as I should've been but I did hold the carbs at bay. LOL After surgery my doctor said my liver had been fine. I think that's the key. If you're more over weight with a higher chance of a large fatty liver then sticking to the diet will help with surgery.