Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery for the sleeve 4/18 been off work for 3 months 2nd picc line on TPN for a month severe nausea since 2nd week. Will I ever get well had Car scans, ultrasounds, lots of testing. Last I’m doing throat test this Friday. I want my life back I’m so miserable and no appetite barley sip Water. TPN is keeping me alive why do some get this sick when they can’t find anything wrong. Been hospitalized twice 6 days each in and out of Urgent care.

Didn't plan to join the PICC club, thought RnY was exclusive enough. But Man proposes, GOD disposes, and here I am, a new inductee. PICC line placed 11/28/2018. first TPN feeding 11/29/2018. dismissed from OSU afternoon of 12/05/2018. and here I be sitting waiting for Saturday's feeding to conclude. My pump runs for 14 hours pertine so since I didn't get it started until 10:30PM it's still feeding me. Why do I have it? Three month veteran of RnY surgery, developed stomal stricture and 5 new evil ulcers, 2 in the pouch, 3 remaining on back wall of jejunem, Had endoscopy October 9th and 26th, November 9th and 28th. Followed stringent rules Dr Noria, my surgeon's partner set down. Remain on Stage2 liquids, frequent hydrations, take all meds including Carafate. I take that 6am,noon,6pm, midnight. Enrich every thing Precious Pouch will accept with Protein powders. I need the protein to heal those ulcers. And like Mrs Rumpole on the BBC series" Rumpole of the Bailey" Precio6s Pouch also came with an disclaimer" She who must be obeyed" , a turkey-egg sized ball of flesh RUNS my life! She upchucks on whim, accepts no cereals or puree unless she is in VERY GOOD MOOD.
Last endoscopy was not a happy endoscopy, Precious was red, inflamed with unhappiness and discontent, at least 1 Emesis episode daily, and the evil ulcers were starting to March down my bowel. Done the logical interventions Dr N suggested, I don't smoke, neither does Tomkitten, we don't allow it in my home, but we also curtailed being in prescence of smokers, either active or with residue on their clothing. So Admitted to Bari/surgery floor 10th Doan yet that morning, and was a guest for a full week. Diagnosis: insufficent protein ingested to heal those ulcers, so digestion on holiday, TPN until I heal. How Long? Afraid that knowledge has not been imparted to me, praying just until end of the month, that way I start 2019 unencumbered. Been Googling, Wikipeding, most literature quotes other conditions it can be used for, mine- nada-zilch- NOTHING. Thinking of naming it Catherine for catheter, tended to always name my possessions. Besides if I say Catherine is giving me fits, people think I am just having BFF problems. So if anyone has suggestions, wants to stroke my wrinkled brow and say " Poor poor Frustr8" any sympathy always welcome. 😪😥😭😕

Well heard from my TPN coordi ator, yeah I do have one, her Name is Kelly and she's at Option Care in Columbus Ohio, she doesn't realize I know but she's closer to Worthington by her prefix. Among my other work journeys I was a Long Distance Phone operator for quite a while. Anyway based on my last blood draws for the next couple nights I will be on clear instead of milky liquid, and if tomorrow does okay I may go from a 14 hour pump cycle to a 12, that's what I was on before coming home. Soon I be starting to be making progress and its a minor victory but one anyway! so Yippee for ME!

And finally after staying home all day because I didn't want to miss the delivery man , UPS showed up at 6 pm, after I stayed home all day. Today was 10% off for senior citizens at my favorite meat market, now I missed it. Drat them, they only sent a partial shipment, so after I return from blood draw, I'll be waiting again. Be nice if they would show up during daylight hours, my back step doesn't have a light, another thing to mention to my landlord or son, maybe mention it with my. January rent?

Got my TPN out February 26th,lost 30 whole pounds within the next month. So I am back moving on, but this afternoon I am back in Urpville, though I would eat1/4 of ham salad on toast,bad bad choice, and this last half hour has not been full of Joy! Oh I am due for another Zofran at 4 pm, never really got to quit them yet. Oh poor foolish me, you would think I would know better!