Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks post-op

2 weeks post-op... and started back to work today. Feels great to start back to a somewhat normal schedule.

Any advise on eating lunch with co-workers? I'm comfortable with some discussion about my meals but don't want to be the center of attention?

HW - 285

SW- 250

CW - 236

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

17 minutes ago, DuaneW said:

2 weeks post-op... and started back to work today. Feels great to start back to a somewhat normal schedule.

Any advise on eating lunch with co-workers? I'm comfortable with some discussion about my meals but don't want to be the center of attention?

HW - 285

SW- 250

CW - 236

Just don't make a big deal about it, use brush off, short closed ended answers.
I've made a diet change.
I'm eating better.
ETC. Things that answer without providing too much and aren't open for additional questions typically.

You could tell them that you’re eating many small meals which would account for the size of your meal. Good luck!

I told them I had hiatal hernia repair ( I did with the sleeve). The recovery for that is exactly the same as WLS. No one second guessed me.

17 hours ago, BostonWLKC said:

You could tell them that you’re eating many small meals which would account for the size of your meal. Good luck!

16 hours ago, SleeveinIL said:

I told them I had hiatal hernia repair ( I did with the sleeve). The recovery for that is exactly the same as WLS. No one second guessed me.

Guys room ladies ;)

whoops, really sorry-- didnt notice :54_hushed:

The right side rail messages got me! I apologize. I can't remove my comment but will be more aware in future.

On 7/3/2018 at 10:21 AM, BostonWLKC said:

whoops, really sorry-- didnt notice :54_hushed:

On 7/3/2018 at 12:26 PM, SleeveinIL said:

The right side rail messages got me! I apologize. I can't remove my comment but will be more aware in future.

I personally don't care... but I know some do. And I know I go out of my way to make sure I don't comment on the ladies room stuff, even though I'd sure love to do so to help folks out. But, "no guys in the girls room, no girls in the guys room" that's the "rule".

1 hour ago, Matt Z said:

I personally don't care... but I know some do. And I know I go out of my way to make sure I don't comment on the ladies room stuff, even though I'd sure love to do so to help folks out. But, "no guys in the girls room, no girls in the guys room" that's the "rule".

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:48 AM, DuaneW said:

HW - 285

SW- 250

CW - 236

FIRST LET ME SAY, SORRY! I am deliberately posting in the Guys room. I know, I know. But this thread DIED... so I don't feel that bad. I just have to say.... if it wasn't "guys room only" it may not have died, and the OP may have gotten a smoregous-board (yes, i can't spell that word) of knowledge from everyone :) Just have to remember, there are a lot more women than men in this community. If it's gender specific or embarrassing, sure, use the gender rooms. But, honestly, if it's not... why? Women can offer lunch ideas too.

4 hours ago, AshAsh1 said:

FIRST LET ME SAY, SORRY! I am deliberately posting in the Guys room. I know, I know. But this thread DIED... so I don't feel that bad. I just have to say.... if it wasn't "guys room only" it may not have died, and the OP may have gotten a smoregous-board (yes, i can't spell that word) of knowledge from everyone :) Just have to remember, there are a lot more women than men in this community. If it's gender specific or embarrassing, sure, use the gender rooms. But, honestly, if it's not... why? Women can offer lunch ideas too.

OMG ASH WHY! ;)
It didn't die... it's had posts pretty much daily.
"smorgasbord"
So what are you trying to say about women and cooking?? :P

Just now, Matt Z said:

OMG ASH WHY! ;)
It didn't die... it's had posts pretty much daily.
"smorgasbord"
So what are you trying to say about women and cooking?? :P

Posts daily? You mean from women who weren't "allowed"....that's a gag. I think one man's response, means it died.

I'm trying to say that women can offer ideas on what to take for lunch too, we eat too!

1 minute ago, AshAsh1 said:

Posts daily? You mean from women who weren't "allowed"....that's a gag. I think one man's response, means it died.

I'm trying to say that women can offer ideas on what to take for lunch too, we eat too!

Pfft... I bet next you are going to say that women poop and fart too... :lol:

2 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

Pfft... I bet next you are going to say that women poop and fart too... :lol:

You know we don't....

1st gotta say sorry to @DuaneW for not having an answer to his question. I am pre op still and don't have co workers so don't have an answer. 2nd sorry your post going off in a totally different direction. I really think @Matt Z had the proper answer anyway.

I'm just curious what would be the outcome if the tables were turned? Do the women care if a guy posts in their forum? If the women do not have any issue with men posting in the area designated for them and vice versa then why have these forums set aside. If a woman has a "woman" post/question then why not just put that in the title and the same with the men? Just put it in the title. I guess the only problem is the imbarrassing issues. Ah who knows, just break the damn "rules".....

07/05/2018 07:14 PM, J San said:

1st gotta say sorry to @DuaneW for not having an answer to his question. I am pre op still and don't have co workers so don't have an answer. 2nd sorry your post going off in a totally different direction. I really think @Matt Z had the proper answer anyway.

I'm just curious what would be the outcome if the tables were turned? Do the women care if a guy posts in their forum? If the women do not have any issue with men posting in the area designated for them and vice versa then why have these forums set aside. If a woman has a "woman" post/question then why not just put that in the title and the same with the men? Just put it in the title. I guess the only problem is the imbarrassing issues. Ah who knows, just break the damn "rules".....

Women don’t post in the gals room, hardly ever. Maybe if it’s about periods or vaginas, but it’s rare. And even sometimes they just say, “men beware” or “TMI”. Especially rare considering the high percentage of women that are members. So no, I don’t think women would care if a man posted in their designated room.