Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’ve been so positive about getting surgery and changing my life for the better....

Then all of a sudden my fears kicked in at lightning speed. I had a nightmare recently and it was associated to a post I came across on A FB group. Ever since then my thinking about surgery has gone down hill. I’m having anxiety just thinking about the negative “what if’s”.

For example- I’ll be traveling alone to get surgery in Mexico, what if that’s the last time I’ll ever get to see my sweet babies again. What if I die and they just dispose of my body, like I was never there.

Can someone please talk some sense into me?! I want this more than anything. I know the risk of death or complications are low but the fears are still very real.

How did everyone do this? Was it easy for you? Did you have the same fears? What made you overcome these fears?

Dr.Illan, maybe you could help guild me and reassure me every will be fine?! What will happen if there is a complication? Will you do everything in your power to make sure I wake up?

Thank you 🙏🏼

My team and I will do our best to achieve perfection, your health and safety is our number one priority. Everything will be fine😉☺️!!

I’m doing the same thing and you’ll be absolutely fine! No need to be nervous. These types of procedures are routine these days.

I understand how you feel. I left my daughters home to travel alone to Tijuana for surgery. What got me through was the fact that I had not been living my best life for the past few years, therefore had not been there for my kids and loved ones in the capacity they deserve. I was dying each and every day in the state I was in.

Leading up to surgery, I literally took it day by day, and sometimes hour by hour. I would think...today I'm here in my home, safe, and I'm going to enjoy this day. I took each day like that until I arrived at the hospital for surgery. When I arrived I informed the anesthesiologist I was anxious and she gave me something to relax me. Whenever you have a "what if" thought it is driven by anxiety and irrational thinking. Try to focus on the facts.... the expertise of the doctor, reviews of the facility, and such. If you are going with Bariatric hospital, you are in great hands. They made me feel so safe, cared for, and comfortable the whole time I was there.

And BubblesCT, they gave you want you needed and what you wanted, can't get too,much,better than that! Happy feeling, and start moving further toward good health.😛

3 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

And BubblesCT, they gave you want you needed and what you wanted, can't get too,much,better than that! Happy feeling, and start moving further toward good health.😛

Indeed:)

Thanks for your response :)

Wow reading back through my post, I got a little extreme there.. I think it was my anxiety acting up.

My whole thought process has now changed and I'm back to being positive Nancy :)

Riding in a car is so so so much more risky. But people don’t give it two thoughts when they step in their car and turn the key and go. Just keep the risks of this surgery in perspective. They are low. Think of your health and what the risks are if you don’t have surgery. Even if you are young and don’t have diabetes, high blood pressure, etc yet, you will get oneormorw of them eventually. About 5 years ago I went for a routine check up and my Dr had me drive straight to the hospital. My bp was 110 / 205. I didn’t even feel bad, yet I could have stoked out that day. Being obese is dangerous stuff. Do this for you, look at the positives not the negatives. I have no regrets. The care I had in MX was excellent.

And as I have said if I didn't have insurance coverage and could afford private pay Dr I plan would be the surgeon I would choose. Alex Brecher, Bariatric Pal's founder chose him for his own surgery, and I call that a strong recommendation.👍😷👍

Doggone phone --DR ILLAN --that's what I keyed in and I meant it.

I’ve been so positive about getting surgery and changing my life for the better....

Then all of a sudden my fears kicked in at lightning speed. I had a nightmare recently and it was associated to a post I came across on A FB group. Ever since then my thinking about surgery has gone down hill. I’m having anxiety just thinking about the negative “what if’s”.

For example- I’ll be traveling alone to get surgery in Mexico, what if that’s the last time I’ll ever get to see my sweet babies again. What if I die and they just dispose of my body, like I was never there.

Can someone please talk some sense into me?! I want this more than anything. I know the risk of death or complications are low but the fears are still very real.

How did everyone do this? Was it easy for you? Did you have the same fears? What made you overcome these fears?

Dr.Illan, maybe you could help guild me and reassure me every will be fine?! What will happen if there is a complication? Will you do everything in your power to make sure I wake up?

Thank you [emoji1374]
I'm going alone to another place in mx Sept 27. I understand your fears.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Update!!!

So I’m back now and I honestly don’t even know what I was so afraid of! Everything went better than expected! Dr.illan is a sweetheart I even requested and hug from him because I was just so happy!! More so I feel so empowered taking my health and putting it first. I can’t wait to see my progress in the future. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

@ MIZZNEWLIFE now don't you feel silly for going around so worried? I knew Dr Illan would be perfectly professional, kind and competent and I was right. wasn't I? Now you get,all healed up and still hang around with us You're one of ours now and we love you kid.And most importantly,you did not die!

On 7/1/2018 at 2:04 AM, MizzNewLife said:

Thank you 🙏🏼

hi how did your surgery go? I'm having the same thoughts maybe you can help me .. where in mexico did you have your surgery? i'm thinking about going to monterrey to have mine done but im scared too the place im going is over a hr away from the airport .. please let me know how your experience was ..