Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have become a bad influence

Something about getting really close to goal has me being way too honest. Obnoxiously honest.

I'm openly talking about all my screw ups....which, lets face it...people just don't do. We're all perfect, right? And we should inspire others to achieve perfection and never color outside the lines and never backslide and never admit it.

Admitting it is setting a bad example, right? Think of the Newbies! Cover their ears! SAVE them!

(in truth, I wish someone HAD admitted that screw ups occur regularly when I was first staring this process..I quite enjoy ugly truths...but I'm weird that way)

More and more, I think I'm getting close to the end of my time here at Bariatric Pal.

Once upon a time, I recall telling someone...if I stick around at this site past when I reach goal and pretend I have some kind of answer.....please Shoot Me. I don't want to be that person. I'm not that person.

By luck, trial and error, Herculean patience, Feck all who knows?...somehow, I'm a stone's throw from the holy grail: Goal.

The only answer I've got...is that answers vary. No two people have done it exactly the same way. Try hard every day. Don't give up. Use all the help they give you.

Weight has defined so much about my life for so long....i'm just burnt out on it.

I want to start talking about other things.

I'm giving myself another month for the last 4 pounds...but come August...I think i'm outta here:)

I know for a few of you....this is welcome news! :D Bahahaha!

It's been a hell of a ride, my bariatric friends. Legendary.

I wish each and every one of you.....fulfillment of your expectations and a safe healthy ride getting there.

Smooches!

Well I certainly hope you stick around. Inspiration from those that have met goal and gone through the process is so valuable.

I try to post daily because I can’t make it to my bariatric group meeting in person due to my work schedule. Maybe that will change when I’m at goal, and I will only post weekly. Too early to tell.

All of us are different but I like reading everyone’s different opinions, even if I don’t always agree with them.

I’m with you Creek.... likely end of Summer here too. I’m about 10-15 from goal though depending on what I decide my goal to be

Aw that's a shame you are leaving @Creekimp13. There are a lot of people who post who have had surgery in the last year or so, but the actual vets are few and far between. I hope you change your mind, or come back for visits. Glad to hear you are so close to goal.

It would be a shame if you left, Creekimp. Your advice is usually spot on and everyone has to understand that we all have different docs, different meal plans, etc. You've said many times that there is more than one way to get there in the end.

Seems like a dumb reason to leave. But that's just my opinion. You do whatever you have to do.

Congrats on almost making your goal.

Good luck with keeping it off.

Enjoy your new found time!

I think that as you hit goal and focus on other things this journey becomes a less central part of your life and inevitably you talk / think / write about it less. That's why the forum is dominated with so many new folks. I'm already starting to notice that myself. Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

I'm going to miss your posts, but I'm glad you're leaving for a good reason. Almost like you're graduating or something. :P

I accept what you are saying, a lot of newbies and almosts, like me need your veteran consults but I respect your explaination and wish you whether you leave now, in a month, in 6 monthes, in a yeat, only you know when it is right for you. I wish you well for your future and anything else you endeavor to undertake.

@Creekimp13 How's the weight loss going? I noticed that you haven't updated your call out in a bit. Curious if you were finally able to break your listed goal weight yet. Not trying to hurry you out the door, just more curious if you were able to finally cross that finish line.

Doing great, Matt....still working on the last couple pounds...got my damned period. LOL. Aren't you glad you asked?

But yeah, I'm wrapping it up at the end of July for sure:) And I'm pretty sure I'll crush those last couple of pesky pounds before I go.

Will come back to post photos from the "fat prom" this fall, but beyond that, it's time this lunatic left the asylum.

Sometimes recovery means leaving the hospital so to speak:)

I work well with exit dates. LOL.

17 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

Doing great, Matt....still working on the last couple pounds...got my damned period. LOL. Aren't you glad you asked?

But yeah, I'm wrapping it up at the end of July for sure:) And I'm pretty sure I'll crush those last couple of pesky pounds before I go.

Will come back to post photos from the "fat prom" this fall, but beyond that, it's time this lunatic left the asylum.

Sometimes recovery means leaving the hospital so to speak:)

I work well with exit dates. LOL.

I've been married for almost 20 years, I work at a hospital... nothing offends or shocks me. Seriously, nothing.
I'm dealing with some sympathy bloating myself because my wife is cycling... Crazy sympathy bs...

Fat Prom???

The "Fat Prom" is my horrible name for this event my surgical group puts on every year.

It's a black tie formal event where they do a catered dinner....have a slide show of before and after photos...give awards, and have all the patients walk a cat walk to show off their progress dressed to the nines. Music and dancing.

It's goofy....but I think it'll be fun:)

Someone asked me to post photos from it, so I'll return to honor that request:)

@Creekimp13 You do what you gotta do for you, but I for one can tell you that I truly enjoy your posts. They're informative, insightful, and sometimes brutally honest. A trait that can be thoroughly lacking sometimes.

I can appreciate that your personal needs have changed and I will probably get there myself at one point. I wish you the best.