Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fourth of July Menu, What's cookin at your house?

Having a little pool party on the fourth with supportive friends and family. Have come up with the following menu:

Protein Pasta salad with olives, peppers, onion, feta, reduced fat salami, tomatoes, and balsamic/olive oil herb dressing with a touch of splenda

Deviled eggs done light

Ginger soy Pork tenderloin and Salmon on the grill with grilled veggies

Homemade hummus and crunchy veggies

Watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, grapes and blue berries....mixed fresh fruit (might add a splash of amaretto liqueur)

Corn on the cob (I can't eat this, but will work great for everyone else)

Everyone coming has the word that the theme is "light done right"....folks are bringing their best light recipes to share:) People seemed incredibly ok with this :)

What's on the menu for your 4th of July celebration?

Edited by Creekimp13

Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacement shakes mixed with my tears as I watch everyone eat a bunch of grilled meat. :P

I can talk,the talk and soon will be walking the walk, estimated time of surgery is July 2018, just no exact date. I would like to put myself on a prediet, get a head.start but everybody says You'll get sick,of it all, don't! Right now I feel like I am neither fish nor fowl, emotionally I don't want the bad things I can in theory still eat, but ghrelin monster keeps,hitting the sides of my stomach hollering feed me! I had a small Peanut Butter, the good kind on real whole wheat bread, 2 hours ago and I'm hungry. I would probably take CreekImp's deviled eggs except I don't really like devilled eggs. I wish Lloyd Leptin would overule Grouchy Ghrelin but I'm getting older and Lloyd is sleeping in somewhere.

Probably two shakes and 3oz of chicken. Maybe some veggies at some point in the day and I'm sure some pickles. Why did I think summer was a good time to do this?????????

Sticking to grilled chicken :)

Your menu sounds great!

I'll probably grill some burgers for the family, but I'll be eating baked chicken simmered in a protein-rich Soup.

Fresh made chicken cheddar broccoli sausage, grilled asparagus and some fruit.

I found a local store in my area that will make fresh chicken sausage and add anything you want to it. They grind the chicken add the spices or what ever you want and then stuff the casings. No perspectives and a wonderful healthy Protein. I don’t count the cheese or broccoli because it is so little in each sausage. They weigh in at about 3 to 4 oz each.
I use the left overs for spaghetti squash bake a few days later.

Sounds like a good menu. I will probably be eating tacos (3.5 oz ground turkey, .5 oz sour cream and 2 taco shells) for the 100th time in a row. Maybe I'll mix it up and have 3.5 oz of chicken.. can't say I mind it though.

🇺🇸we will be having deviled eggs, baked chicken thighs, potatoes for some, asparagus and corn on the cob...
it’s about the fireworks here on the coast... and I might have a cocktail !!
Have a fun and safe fourth!!

Your pool party sounds delightful. This is what ours looks like: grilled chicken, steaks and some hot links (my husband does the grilling and likes his meat). Lemon- broccoli Pasta salad, veggie tray, cheese and cracker tray, black bean and avocado stuffed sweet potatoes, and fresh fruit tray. Beer and wine for our guests that indulge :P Happy Fourth!!!

Your pool party sounds delightful. This is what ours looks like: grilled chicken, steaks and some hot links (my husband does the grilling and likes his meat). Lemon- broccoli Pasta salad, veggie tray, cheese and cracker tray, black bean and avocado stuffed sweet potatoes, and fresh fruit tray. Beer and wine for our guests that indulge :P Happy Fourth!!!

I’m making baby back ribs in the slow cooker with a sugar free bbq sauce! So pumped!

We have two levels are Bariatric Patients eating today. One who is a month post op and me who is on the pre op diet luckily they will line up ok...we are grilling out brats and hamburgers for the family but for us grilled cod with lemon and some grilled veggies. Family will feast on baked Beans and deviled eggs and for the first time store bought dessert *gasp*. Hardest thing for me to stay out of is going to be those deviled eggs...but I will eat them again

I am going to a cookout and am on the pre-op diet. Will probably go for the leanest Protein available and am bringing some veggies to throw on the grill so I know there will be something that’s pre-op diet approved for me to eat. Also drinking the hell out of some crystal light and Water, because it’s a million degrees here. :)