Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery today with Dr. Illan in Tijuana Mexico

My surgery will be performed today. I arrived in Tijuana Mexico last night with no problems. I was picked up at San Diego airport by a driver(Rene) from BariatricPal, he was professional and kind. He drove me to my hotel, waited while I checked in, and showed me to my room. Since I'm traveling alone, this was much appreciated. The hotel is called the Real Inn, it's nice, clean and the beds are super cozy. I'm now just waiting for 9:30 to roll around so I can be transported to the hospital for the sleeve procedure. I will check back in to update my experience. I know when researching this it helped to hear from others experiences so hopefully, this will help someone out there.

The most challenging part was traveling from the east to west coast on the pre-op diet. I packed dried chicken stock to mix with hot Water on the plane. There was nothing much else to eat on the clear liquid diet while traveling. The sugar-free Jello goes straight through me and the sugar-free popsicles would melt while traveling. I wish I bought more sugar-free drinks at the airport to bring to the hotel room last night because I was really thirsty. Woke up starving and definitely dehydrated from my travels yesterday. I'm looking forward to an IV drip of fluids at this point.

I will post my experiences throughout my stay here in Tijuana Mexico.

Good luck on your surgery.

Thanks. I'm all prepped and ready for surgery. The hospital is better than any US hospital I've been to, and unfortunately, I have been in many. The staff has been so kind and professional. Just met with Dr. Illan, so sweet, and comforting. I thought the hotel and hospital looked nice from others pics but honestly, it's so much nicer in person.

I'm of surgery. Just sleepy and resting.So far so good

@BubblesCT how are things today Friday June 29th? All of us Want To Know!😰🍵😨

2 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

@BubblesCT how are things today Friday June 29th? All of us Want To Know!😰🍵😨

Thanks for asking. I'm doing great. The care has been wonderful and I love my recovery room. Everything is new, clean and cozy. This may be TMI but my monthly came and one of the volunteers went out to buy me some feminine products. Honestly, this treatment is comparable to VIP treatment in the states. I'm on my third meal of homemade chicken broth, coconut Water, juice, and Jello. Very small amounts but boy does it taste refreshing. Tomorrow I believe I get to go out enjoy some sites!:) I'm here alone yet I don't feel lonely one bit.

Onward and upward...

Your post are to encouraging to me! I’m scheduled for a gastric sleeve in Aug and I’m so excited and nervous. Even your comments about small things answers questions and gives a great picture of what to expect. Thank you and I’m so happy for you.

Maybe I will hit the PowerBall or MegaMillions, started to spell it PoorerBall, is that a Freudian slip or not? If I do hit the lottery I want to go to BatiatricPalMX for my,panni etc. And , although,i doubt Dr Illian is involved in that end of the business, they undoubtedly have great plastic surgeons, I would like to meet Dr Ilian. Guilty secret, I have developed a little crush on him, more professional than physical, but I would like to shake his ✋. 😛

6 hours ago, CNCAnn said:

Your post are to encouraging to me! I’m scheduled for a gastric sleeve in Aug and I’m so excited and nervous. Even your comments about small things answers questions and gives a great picture of what to expect. Thank you and I’m so happy for you.

Thank you. Wishing you all the best. I can't say enough positive things about my experience here.

What did you bring with you? I’ll be traveling alone too. I was thinking I should bring my laptop? Would there be a place to keep my things safe in while I’m in surgery?

How did your procedure go?

8 hours ago, MizzNewLife said:

What did you bring with you? I’ll be traveling alone too. I was thinking I should bring my laptop? Would there be a place to keep my things safe in while I’m in surgery?

I brought my laptop and iPhone. There is free wifi at the hospital and the hotel. They have cable and firestick at the hospital to stream Netflix. There is a safe in the room to lock up your wallet and such.

8 hours ago, MizzNewLife said:

My procedure went well. I'm three days out today. The cleanliness, modern technology, and quality of care far exceed any hospital I have experienced in the United States. I fly home tonight, hopefully, my journey of healing continues to go well.

Glad you’re doing so well! Travel safe

1 hour ago, BostonWLKC said:

Glad you’re doing so well! Travel safe

On 6/30/2018 at 11:02 AM, CNCAnn said:

Thanks, Best of luck to you!!:)

On 2018-06-30 at 8:02 AM, CNCAnn said:

When in August? Will you be with BariatricPalMX /Dr.Illan?