Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you start a forum for seniors?

Forum usage and the way our members use our forums have changed a lot over the years. We used to have sub forums that were based on age. They stopped being used a lot over the last few years. We’ve done away with using many sub forums. You’re welcome to start a new topic.

3 hours ago, chattycat said:

How do you define "senior?" I'm a young 70, and hopelessly, happily immature!

3 hours ago, chattycat said:

How do you define "senior?" I'm a young 70, and hopelessly, happily immature!

Peter Pan did not die, he is alive and one of my good friends. He and I are members of the "Never Grow Up" lodge and Nibbles, is one of our newest,inductees. Well not all that new, we sent out an engraved certificate and it got lost. the last time the Donald shut down the National Park Service for monetary deficit. That's one person I hesitate to own in MY generation.
But we are proud to award Nibbles a trophy🏆and certificate today

Well thank you very much! I'm happy to be a card-carrying member of the lodge! How many members do you have at present? I think POTUS failed the vetting process for an elite group such as this one.

I think over a certain age we have different challenges with WLS then the youngsters! I think slower weight loss and health concerns are a couple. Just because we’re older doesn’t mean we’re old! Us boomers rock! 😎

I don't feel older pts have any more issues to deal with than any other age. They are all just different. Every person doing this will have a different story. The cool thing about the forum is that we find and lend support in our common ground, and can share things that worked for us that might help someone else when they reach out and ask for ideas or suggestions. Are you struggling with challenges you haven't seen covered in the forum topics? You can always start a topic or ask. It seems to be a large group here and it's hard to imagine not getting feedback to a concern. Yes, Chattycat, boomers rock. Boomers will always rock!

I’m still pre op, another week until surgery but I know once menopause hit, losing weight was just so much harder so I’m anticipating the same post op?

ISN'T THAT JUST. THE TRUTH!

I'll have to get back to you on that, say - mid-September! I went through menopause 20 years ago, so I've just forgotten about that aspect of things. My mom used to say that it was harder, too. I'm tickled for you to be just a week away from surgery. Are you feeling good about it? I guess another aspect/challenge for me is arthritis. They don't want me taking Celebrex or NSAIDS with my new stomach - could cause ulcers - so will be working with my PCP on that one. Without that med, I cannot move around much and exercise will be difficult. Without NSAIDS I guess I'm not allowed to have a headache now and then either. Geesh.

On 06/28/2018 at 06:36, nibble said:

I'll have to get back to you on that, say - mid-September! I went through menopause 20 years ago, so I've just forgotten about that aspect of things. My mom used to say that it was harder, too. I'm tickled for you to be just a week away from surgery. Are you feeling good about it? I guess another aspect/challenge for me is arthritis. They don't want me taking Celebrex or NSAIDS with my new stomach - could cause ulcers - so will be working with my PCP on that one. Without that med, I cannot move around much and exercise will be difficult. Without NSAIDS I guess I'm not allowed to have a Headache now and then either. Geesh.

Oh I hear you on the NSAIDS too, another thing I’m worried about! I am both excited and nervous 😬 but I think that is pretty normal. You said mid September is that your surgery or have you had it yet?

Reluctant veteran of arthritis since age 25, soon un-celebrating. a 48 year association with Mr Cripple Me Up, a painful one at that. And Hector, my itty bitty ulcer is from too much NSAID use, I can look at Bayer Aspirin, Aleve,Motrin. pictures I just can't ingest them anymore Walk if you can, swim, most everything wears out further what already hurts. Exercise,person with my bariatric program fave,me handout with easy exercises on it. OK I say, doesn't, look that bad, so I did 1 repetition of each,one, lamed myself for a week. So I will consistently do what,mild,little,things I can do and trust it wiii pass. The old carnival barker said "You pays your money, You,takes your choice" Pretty much my,life. But soon and very soon my surgery will come in July, although it won't solve mine or the world's problems completely, it is a good and valid choice.

On 06/28/2018 at 07:11, Frustr8 said:

Reluctant veteran of arthritis since age 25, soon un-celebrating. a 48 year association with Mr Cripple Me Up, a painful one at that. And Hector, my itty bitty ulcer is from too much NSAID use, I can look at Bayer Aspirin, Aleve,Motrin. pictures I just can't ingest them anymore Walk if you can, swim, most everything wears out further what already hurts. Exercise,person with my bariatric program fave,me handout with easy exercises on it. OK I say, doesn't, look that bad, so I did 1 repetition of each,one, lamed myself for a week. So I will consistently do what,mild,little,things I can do and trust it wiii pass. The old carnival barker said "You pays your money, You,takes your choice" Pretty much my,life. But soon and very soon my surgery will come in July, although it won't solve mine or the world's problems completely, it is a good and valid choice.
Hoping when you get your surgery things will start getting better! 😊

Oh they will, got to keep smiling,through my tears, not too big a market,for wet blankets. I keep on keeping on, one foot in front of b the other👣 and v trust I'll,make,it b to where I want to be!🙊🙉🙈