Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHO IN PUBLIC LIFE OR HOLLYWOOD DO YOU THINK WOULD BENEFIT MOST FROM BARIATRIC SURGERY?

One of Tomkitten, my son's favorite all-time videos is "It's Raining Men" by Martha Wash and the Cancelled. He was playing,it off of You Tube, turned to me and said Those,ladies really could benefit from Bariatric Intervention. Yes, he inherited my,❤of BIG words. And truly, at the time they made that video,they could. Several of them looked at risk for cardiac complications. So as first nominees I vote for them.
Number 2 would be Kim Jung Un , he is an un- happy fat little dude. and perhaps surgery,would make him a smaller happier person.
WHO do YOU feel would benefit MOST?

Not the Cancelled , Marthac2ash and the Vandelles.

It's not our place to be judgmental.

Did you like speculation and comments of others about your obesity when you were larger?

Give the public figures and celebs a break.

Edited by Rainbow_Warrior

23 minutes ago, Rainbow_Warrior said:

It's not our place to be judgmental.

Did you like speculation and comments of others about your obesity when you were larger?

Give the public figures and celebs a break.

Sorry Frust, I know you mean well... but Rainbow Warrior is right. I don't like where this thread is going.

Yipes the Bariatric Not so Secret Police are after me. Well you are 85% correct and 15% in error, at least in my case, and let me explain why. Yes, Rainbow Warrior you are correct with the speculation and comments point. Anyone who has read my more-in-depth postings Knows I suffered much brising , wounding and scarring in my own life. This is try but I also survived. the 47 thousand assorted diets, everything from the Eat Grapefruit and it will,eat up your fat cells to the Push yourself away,from the table and go sit in the corner, starving diet. Up until 3 years ago. when I started. seeking Bariatric surgery,i felt I was fated to die obese, in abundant persive pain from every joint in my body, and largely(there's that word again) unloved. True I might not accepted an intervention from the. average Jack,or Jill on the street, but if a Bariatric Victor had to come to me and said" I have something to tell you about my own life" I would have listened, no I would have grabbed onto their words as a lifeline to hope, for at that point if the Dark Death Angel had come for me at that point I would have gone with him. I was that emotionally down in truth the only thing that kept me from suicide,was the feeling,i wouldn't succeed at that either.
So if you feel my starting of this thread,was misguided, I repent of it. Stop responding to it and it will die in obscurity like many other Bariatric postings. What I will not recant is standing up for myself, for the vast majority of my 72 years I did not. I tried to be a Low Drama Mama and it gained me the honor of being a wet soggy doormat for my family and much of the world. In many respects it may be a little too late to do
the right thing now but I am standing up today and at the time of my surgery. I resolve to be thinner, healthier, happier and no one will shunt me to a dark dank corner again.

I don’t think saying this person may benefit from WLS is a bad thing. Many celebs are getting it or have gotten it anyway. Did I mind if people called me names? Absolutely! Did I mind when people brought this surgery to my attention, especially since it meant I would live longer? No. Saying someone may benefit from it isn’t a bad or slanderous thing.
And attacking Frust8 for asking a question (innocently) is not nice. If you don’t want to participate in a thread, there are literally THOUSANDS of others. Frustr8 is my oldest friend on here and I can tell you right now with 100% surety she would NEVER be malicious to anyone.

14 minutes ago, moondoggie1983 said:

And attacking Frust8 for asking a question (innocently) is not nice. If you don’t want to participate in a thread, there are literally THOUSANDS of others. Frustr8 is my oldest friend on here and I can tell you right now with 100% surety she would NEVER be malicious to anyone.

You've got to be kidding me, who exactly attacked Frust? I SPECIFICALLY SAID, "I know you mean well" Therefore, I know you aren't referring to my comment. And Rainbow Warrior just posed a question to think about....

Lets not create drama where drama doesn't exist.

16 minutes ago, moondoggie1983 said:

. If you don’t want to participate in a thread, there are literally THOUSANDS of others.

its obvious that no one is participating for a reason. Its okay that Frust has differing opinions and thoughts, and its also OK that other people disagree. It's a public forum... you don't always get the answers you *want* or *like*

No, I wasn’t talking to you. And when you bold print something, it’s taken as yelling. If it wasn’t meant as an attack, then sorry. But the rest of what I said stands.

On 06/28/2018 at 17:18, AshAsh1 said:

its obvious that no one is participating for a reason. Its okay that Frust has differing opinions and thoughts, and its also OK that other people disagree. It's a public forum... you don't always get the answers you *want* or *like*

Ok. And I’m disagreeing with someone.

1 minute ago, moondoggie1983 said:

No, I wasn’t talking to you. And when you bold print something, it’s taken as yelling. If it wasn’t meant as an attack, then sorry. But the rest of what I said stands.

Since when is bold print qualify as an attack? I think he was just trying to emphasize the question he was asking. I could be wrong, but this is my take. I know its easy to jump to conclusions, but Frust stood up for herself, and that's that. No need to jump in and stir up unnecessary drama. That's my thoughts.

2 minutes ago, moondoggie1983 said:
5 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

Ok. And I’m disagreeing with someone.

and I quoted you saying "If you don’t want to participate in a thread, there are literally THOUSANDS of others". You were implying that myself or Rainbow Warrior didn't need to comment on her thread... we could have just kept scrolling...

And once again my response

"It's a public forum... you don't always get the answers you *want* or *like*"

On 06/28/2018 at 17:22, AshAsh1 said:

Since when is bold print qualify as an attack? I think he was just trying to emphasize the question he was asking. I could be wrong, but this is my take. I know its easy to jump to conclusions, but Frust stood up for herself, and that's that. No need to jump in and stir up unnecessary drama. That's my thoughts.

Bold print and all caps is traditionally yelling when you’re commenting through tech. Listen, I like you. You have good posts from what I’ve seen. But here’s my issue with what’s happening now: I was talking to someone else, which you acknowledged you knew. I disagreed with something someone said. Which you stated was normal. I stood up for a friend and you are doing post after post about not creating drama, which to me is exactly what you’re doing right now.
So can we stop and agree to disagree?

Just now, moondoggie1983 said:

So can we stop and agree to disagree?

Agreed.