Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fit Bit anyone???

4 minutes ago, Jessbear345 said:
6 minutes ago, Ylime said:

While we're on the topic - does anyone have the FitBit Versa yet? I'm considering getting it, but just wondering how it really compares to my Blaze.

I bought the charge 2 but I’m wishing I had bought the Versa so that way I wouldn’t have needed another device for music 🤦🏽‍♀️

Yeah, the music in the device is a nice feature. I can control my music with my Blaze, but still have to carry my phone with me.

On 07/09/2018 at 15:13, Ylime said:

I bought the charge 2 but I’m wishing I had bought the Versa so that way I wouldn’t have needed another device for music 🤦🏽‍♀️

Yeah, the music in the device is a nice feature. I can control my music with my Blaze, but still have to carry my phone with me.

I’ve been leaving my phone as I don’t want to get distracted.

3 hours ago, Ylime said:

While we're on the topic - does anyone have the FitBit Versa yet? I'm considering getting it, but just wondering how it really compares to my Blaze.

I do! I love it!

On 07/09/2018 at 17:27, aery said:

I do! I love it!

What specifically do you love? I’m trying to figure out if the added features are really worth the additional cost. From what I can tell a lot of what it does I can already do with my Blaze but there is some new functionality.

@Ylime I love that it is a full smart watch (I upgraded from Alta HR), I can read text/IM/email and even send quick replies from the watch, I L O V E that it is Water resistant and I don't have to remove it to shower/swim anymore. I get meeting reminders and can see who is calling me plus I can use it to pay for things in some places.

That's on top of all the standard fitbit activity/steps/stairs/sleep tracking! Oh and they just added monthly cycle tracking too

@aery - Thanks for the info. I'm strongly considering it. I think my Blaze is Water resistant, but not really waterproof. That's a good selling feature for me as I'll be getting back into Obstacle Course Racing and there will be plenty of water and mud in my future! How durable do you think it is?

@Ylime probably a bit more prone to scratching as it doesn't have the flush face, I got the rose gold and lavender special edition and when the band gets dingy I can just scrub it with soap and a nail brush and get it new looking. I have gotten it muddy gardening and just cleaned the back off with alcohol wipes and it was fine.

On 07/10/2018 at 13:53, Ylime said:

@aery - Thanks for the info. I'm strongly considering it. I think my Blaze is Water resistant, but not really waterproof. That's a good selling feature for me as I'll be getting back into Obstacle Course Racing and there will be plenty of Water and mud in my future! How durable do you think it is?

Hey girl! I too upgraded from a blaze to the SE version of the Fitbit Versa. There really isn’t THAT much difference but I do feel like it’s a good upgrade. If you get the SE version not only is it fully water resistant (up to like 150 feet I believe; don’t quote me but it is over 100ft) it also offers Fitbit pay which mimics Apple/Samsung Pay so you wouldn’t need to carry your payment card.

Aside from that I really enjoy that it automatically tracks activity, that you can customize the side buttons (one is my exercise and the other is a timer; I’ve been not drinking while I eat and set the timer for 30 minutes after I eat in preparation for post-op) and the overall interface seems to be a bit nicer. The blaze has one option per screen while you scroll while the Versa has 4 options per screen. Oh! And you can add different apps to it; right now I have “swimpro” so it tracks my laps in the pool. I think the swim exercise does as well but that’s just one example you know?

I think Fitbit is having a sale right (not sure what all it includes) now as well so it’d be a great time to upgrade.

Oh shoot, I forgot I could do the timer!! Thanks for the reminder, @KatallacStrong !

Oh also, @Ylime, the SE is just pretty hahah

Edited by aery

On 07/10/2018 at 13:03, KatallacStrong said:

Hey girl! I too upgraded from a blaze to the SE version of the Fitbit Versa. There really isn’t THAT much difference but I do feel like it’s a good upgrade. If you get the SE version not only is it fully Water resistant (up to like 150 feet I believe; don’t quote me but it is over 100ft) it also offers Fitbit pay which mimics Apple/Samsung Pay so you wouldn’t need to carry your payment card.

Aside from that I really enjoy that it automatically tracks activity, that you can customize the side buttons (one is my exercise and the other is a timer; I’ve been not drinking while I eat and set the timer for 30 minutes after I eat in preparation for post-op) and the overall interface seems to be a bit nicer. The blaze has one option per screen while you scroll while the Versa has 4 options per screen. Oh! And you can add different apps to it; right now I have “swimpro” so it tracks my laps in the pool. I think the swim exercise does as well but that’s just one example you know?

I think Fitbit is having a sale right (not sure what all it includes) now as well so it’d be a great time to upgrade.
Thanks for all the info!!

On 07/10/2018 at 14:15, aery said:

Oh shoot, I forgot I could do the timer!! Thanks for the reminder, @KatallacStrong !

Oh also, @Ylime, the SE is just pretty hahah

Lol - I do like pretty.

Hey guys! I created a public group for us all as well, it gives us a nice little page we can view everyone on and see how everyone is doing! It's open and public right now so we can all get in, but if you guys want me to make it invite only later, I'll do whatever you like!

https://www.fitbit.com/group/23DGRQ

Jenniferletendre@hotmail.com