Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2018 sleeve surgery!!

On 08/10/2018 at 18:11, Rachel2018 said:

I was sleeved on Monday, August 6. Went home the next day. Feeling good...get tired easy and can’t get in all my Protein and Water but I’m told Water is more important at this point. Staying active and off pain meds by Wednesday. I just wish I knew when I’m “full” as I am afraid of leaks becuase apparently you don’t know when you have one which seems odd. I don’t want to eat too much (we’ll drink) and cause more problems so if anyone has some advice there, it would be appreciated. I’m probably worrying about nothing.

My cuts all are feeling fine...even woke up on my stomach last night so I know those are heeling well.

August 6th !!! Me toooo! I’m not able to tell when I’m full . I drink my Protein first then any other liquid I can. I also gave Jello, Soup and pudding. It’s working but I don’t feel hungry or full!

pudding counts towards liquid right? I haven’t tried that but I can add unflavored Protein and kill two birds with one stone. ;-) I want to eat soup....but no protein in it and adding the powder does not do well. But...I hear liquid first above protein so maybe I shoudl try. Has your doctor said what signs to watch for in a leak?

I was told Protein first but I’m getting liquids in all day. I believe pain, fever and some other symptoms.

On 08/10/2018 at 18:45, Rachel2018 said:

pudding counts towards liquid right? I haven’t tried that but I can add unflavored Protein and kill two birds with one stone. ;-) I want to eat soup....but no Protein in it and adding the powder does not do well. But...I hear liquid first above protein so maybe I shoudl try. Has your doctor said what signs to watch for in a leak?

If you let the Soup cool down a little then add the powder it won’t turn to a jelly.

Congratulations on getting so CLOSE to your surgery date, my RnY. will be just a week later on September 5th. Big changes coming in both our lives.

Tomorrow is my day! I have to be at the hospital at 5:45 am for my gastric sleeve surgery. All prayers and good vibes appreciated!!! See y’all on the other side!!

Prayer,Machine🙏 fired up, Good Wishes sitting in Park, ready for gears to shift

Sweet Music Sheet music 🎶on my stand all ready to sing. It will be Elle's Extraordinary Extraspecial Day. We are Ready Now. The next move is yours my dear.

Hi everyone, I had the gastric sleeve surgery done on August. 3rd. So far post op I have lost 10lbs. I started at 212 then with the liquid diet, I went down to 207 and now I am 198 but I guess I could have take off two-three pounds for the clothes.

I definitely had a non scale victory because I bought a pair a jeans a few month back and couldn't fit into them. Today they are a lil big. So I guess something is happening. I am extremely tired a lot of the time. After one week I came back to work. I sit a desk most of the day so I went on You Tube to get exercises we can do at your desk. I also did some yoga. My office a private and pretty big so I am thinking that as soon as my doctor clears me, I should get some nice workouts in before going home.

I am struggling with getting enough liquids in and with getting my Proteins. Today I decided to make my own Protein Shake and I got half way through it before feeling overly full. I hope to be eating soft foods after this week. I haven't had a post op visit with my surgeon yet. My next appointment is Aug. 30th which I thought is too far ahead but I guess the doctor knows best.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Sadie243

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU I HAVE MINE AT THE END OF THE MONTH GETTING EXCITED AND NERVOUS

AT THE SAME TIME HOPE ALL GOES WELL WITH YOU AT YOU NEXT APPT HAVE A GREAT DAY CHEERS TO YOU

Thanks Viking and I know the feeling. I was just 12 days ago that I was nervous and excited. Good Luck and Cheers to You. Keep us posted.

I WILL THANK YOU TIME TO GO TO DR AND GET BLOOD PRESSURE pills REFILLED HOPEFULLY FOR THE LAST TIME

GOOD DAY ALL !!!!!

Edited by VIKING 0424