Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2018 sleeve surgery!!

Omgosh I pay about 25 for my Vitamins for 2 months. I would die if I had to pay more! We can take tums as Calcium though so that cut cost a lot.

LOL Marisol! You will be fine! Hey, don't forget the 5 second rule :) :) :)

As for the cost, I think I've been very lucky because I've followed every step to a perfect "T" and I think part of my luck came from my previous PCP (who signed off on the surgery) was only ever concerned with my weight so, I had lots of history with failed weight loss attempts. By the time I came to my final conclusion to go forward with surgery, all the cards were laying right side up in front of the insurance company

On 7/17/2018 at 9:26 PM, Pete_A said:

Isopure unflavored Protein Powder, you can make you own smoothies. You can get from Amazon. I mix this stuff with everything.

On 7/30/2018 at 9:13 AM, Pete_A said:

Hello, how is everyone doing??? Just a quick stats update. Since surgery I just lost 24lbs. Surgery was 6/7. I understand weight is not everything but not seen the scale moving is quite frustrating. I definitely lost inches, dropped 1 size shirt and 2 sizes pants. I have been lifting a lot of weights so that could explain the slow rate of weight loss because I am building my muscle back. So how you all doing???

2 hours ago, ladybosschick said:

How before you started losing after surgery. I feel like I gained since my surgery on monday

@ladybosschick I didn’t weigh myself until a full week after surgery. Your body is swollen so you’re not going to see weight loss. Just make sure you have the unflavored isopure so you can add to your broth for extra Protein.

@ladybosschick sorry didn’t answer the question fully. The second week I started. It was like two pounds a day.

I’m doing self-pay ESG so I knew it was going to be expensive. I had to change my mind set to talk myself into the surgery. At first I thought there is no freaking way I’m spending that much money.
Then I thought but I pay more for my car and in the long run this is for my health so why wouldn’t I make an investment in me.
Now I just go through mini heart attacks when everything gets expensive for this surgery. 😃

Edited by Marisol Unda

7 minutes ago, KRush88 said:

Omgosh I pay about 25 for my Vitamins for 2 months. I would die if I had to pay more! We can take tums as Calcium though so that cut cost a lot.

I heard Tums was a no-no because it's Calcium carbonate vs. calcium citrate. Vitamins are outrageously expensive. I'm curious about the patch, (although I've been told that I can't use that until I'm about 3 months post surgery)

It's so confusing!

Most people say "No Good" but there are a few that absolutely swear by them. Seem expensive but maybe my Vitamin value system is skewed I buy most of mine at WallyWorld!😛

@Dianne737 had my sleeve Tuesday, left side sore and still have the gas. Other then that good. Putting this out there maybe tmi, anyone have bowel movement, I have not, is this normal?

I can't swallow pills so I'm going to try liquid vitamins by buying the Women's complete Bariatric from Tespo.com

9 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Most people say "No Good" but there are a few that absolutely swear by them. Seem expensive but maybe my Vitamin value system is skewed I buy most of mine at WallyWorld!😛

I buy them where ever they are the least expensive. I shop and shop until I'm sure I get the most value for my dollar :)

2 minutes ago, EasternNC said:

I can't swallow pills so I'm going to try liquid vitamins by buying the Women's complete Bariatric from Tespo.com

I just bought a pill crusher on Amazon to use post surgery for some of my daily meds. Have you tried that with a Tablespoon of applesauce?

I forgot to mention, I just bought the chewables from from BP store.... they are pricey, but they actually taste good. I might suck up the price for awhile for that convenience

Edited by MargoCL
Add info

No, I haven't tried crushing them but I may have to crush the medication that I already take. I have to speak to the surgeon and dietician about it when I get to the Hospital. I forgot to raise it during my previous meeting with them.

19 minutes ago, MargoCL said:

I just bought a pill crusher on Amazon to use post surgery for some of my daily meds. Have you tried that with a Tablespoon of applesauce?

I forgot to mention, I just bought the chewables from from BP store.... they are pricey, but they actually taste good. I might suck up the price for awhile for that convenience

Oh that's a great idea. I may have to get a pill crusher too.

On 08/10/2018 at 10:11, MargoCL said:

I heard Tums was a no-no because it's Calcium carbonate vs. calcium citrate. Vitamins are outrageously expensive. I'm curious about the patch, (although I've been told that I can't use that until I'm about 3 months post surgery)

It's so confusing!

We just got approved for tums, well its another kind but it's like tums but they are calcium citrate. I was so happy to pay 25 vs 60 every few months.