Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2018 sleeve surgery!!

Hi everyone, I had gastric sleeve surgery Aug. 3rd. I am so done with this liquid diet. I can't even drink 64oz of anything let alone get more than a half of a Protein Shake in. At least my pants that didn't fit are now lose. LOL I hope everyone has a great surgery.

4 hours ago, Sadie24304 said:

Hi everyone, I had gastric sleeve surgery Aug. 3rd. I am so done with this liquid diet. I can't even drink 64oz of anything let alone get more than a half of a Protein Shake in. At least my pants that didn't fit are now lose. LOL I hope everyone has a great surgery.

I know! 64 oz? Try 16. Half a shake is accurate. But my surgeon said gotta keep up Protein and 64oz Water. Crazy.

@Sadie24304 how’s the weight loss going? I was also sleeved on 8/3.

Hey guys surgery is 12 days away and I'm really looking forward to the waiting being over. 12 loooong days is seeming like an eternity and yet time still moves on at it's pace minute by minute

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app

I just had my sleeve done on August 13th. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Clean liquid Protein Drinks taste like milk and I don’t like milk. Otherwise, post-op is going well.

@Mel86 I have lost 10lb since the surgery. I also fit into jeans that were too small for me and now they are a little big. How about you?

@Starr2015 OMG I feel so weak at work this morning. I had to go with Gatorade low sugar because the regular is just too sweet for me. Its weird because before it lacked sugar lol. I used a Protein Powder with 60grams of Protein. Of course I only used half of it with my herbalife shake formula which I love banana caramel and it tasted horrible as well. I am done with this liquid stage but can't tolerate anything else. I order some things from Bariatric pal to eat for this week and they should arrive to me job today. I cannot wait lol

Edited by Sadie24304

1 minute ago, Sadie24304 said:

@Starr2015 OMG I feel so weak at work this morning. I had to go with Gatorade low sugar because the regular is just too sweet for me. Its weird because before it lacked sugar lol. I used a Protein Powder with 60grams of Protein. Of course I only used half of it with my herbalife shake formula which I love banana caramel and it tasted horrible as well. I am done with this liquid stage but can't tolerate anything else. I order some things from Bariatric pal to eat for this week and they should arrive to me job today. I cannot wait lol

My best friend had the sleeve last October and since my surgery is sched for Aug 30th she told me how she got through the liquid period and even gave me samples...based on trying many other products that she couldn't tolerate. Here's what she told me and I hope it helps:

She drank a lot of Gatorade G2 Cool Blue with Bariatric Choice drink concentrate BLue Raspberry. She also liked G2 Raspberry Lemonade. The Bariatric Choice drink concentrates are liquid and come in pouches.

She also used Crystal Lite Pure in Water (no artificial flavors, sweeteners or preservatives): fewer calories. She used Alkaline 88 water because it's PH balanced and is not acidic. She also mixed the whey powder with milk to make a shake (add ice) or hot chocolate made in a milk frother by Bodum that can be purchased from Amazon or Walmart.

For Protein powder she used Whey powder that she bought at Wallyworld: vanilla and chocolate. On the huge jar it says whey isolate Protein by Integrated supplements and is way cheaper than other protein powders.

Good reasonable,budget-friendly suggestions. I'm sure we can all find words that m8ght help us there.
And as our surgeries draw closer let's play the hands life dealt us, but play them skillfully. And trust things will be smooth, easy and not cause us too much heartache or tears.

Thank you so much for those suggestions. I am using the whey powder I bought from Amazon. Also I ordered some items from the Bariatric Pal Store and was so excited to finally get something to eat. So the apple cinnamon oatmeal came, opened it up, the directions said place in large bowl for 3 minutes, after 1.5 minutes the whole microwave oozing oatmeal. I am going to reach out to them to see if the directions were wrong. Now I am going to try their strawberry banana smoothie that I have been shaking for 30 minutes now. LOL I am never such a debbie downer but I am hungryyyyy. So far today 4 oz of liquids in. I am running on empty.

@Sadie2304 I have lost 12lbs so far. It feels amazing fitting into clothes that had been sitting in my closet because it didn’t fit. The core power Protein from fairlife is really good so are the Premier Protein drinks. Hopefully those help you.

Hello friends. I'm a week away from my surgery and I'm getting so excited. I found a new friend I'm going to take him to the hospital with me. If you want one too they sell them on Amazon for about $13. Happy Friday everybodyimage.png.44b911ec9c3cab38ca57208e7eaddf08.png

8 DAYS TELL SURGERY IM DOWN 28LBS FEELING OK SO FAR LITTLE BIT OF NERVES