Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Never-ending period! Wth!

I know this has brought up before, but I'm doing again. I had my surgery on April 17, 2018. Maybe 4 days later I started my period, I'm on the pill and was only half way through my pack. Yes, I missed 1 or 2 because of the hospital and the night home but really? My period lasted WELL into May, I think I had it maybe 3 weeks? I should say I'm 38 and my tubes are tied I'm only on the pill because weird crap like this happened before but periods were like 6 weeks 2 weeks off then back on, tested for early menopause nope, so that's why the birth control and it's been good for year and a half.

JUST had my period around June 7-10, now it's kinda back like you had it in middle school! Brown and gross! Wtf?; That's not even a month?! I am consistent, and compliant. She'll look up in the books. Anyone have this deal? Ugh, very annoyed!

Maybe time to see your gynecologist.

If you're a little anemic from surgery and have some fibroids, they might be having a hard time stopping bleeding.

Irregular bleeding is pretty common the first month after surgery, but if it persists, particularly if you have a history of irregularities, it's a good idea to get checked out. Better to be safe.

One of my primary reasons for finally doing this surgery, was a few months of prolonged spotty irregular bleeding...that resulted in a uterine biopsy and endometrial cancer scare. Biopsy was ok, and a D and C got things back on track...but when my doctor said being overweight put me much more at risk....it hit home that I needed to do something. (Not meaning to freak you out here....and it's most likely the surgery throwing you some hormonal curve balls...but it's worth staying on top of)

Maybe schedule a gyne appointment in a month and see if things don't straighten up on their own. You can always cancel if they do...and if they don't, you'll be ready to see the doctor?

Get a full Vitamin panel done. You could be deficient.

Surgery can really disrupt all your hormones and be aggravating your already touchy system. Go see your gyn doc. Good luck.

I think I'll do that. I see a family doctor now instead of a gyno, I moved and had kids a long time ago so I just didn't see the point, but now I'm not liking my PCP, but I had the full workup awhile ago, I guess it's maybe time to do it again. It was totally fine until the surgery and now this nonsense! I swear my teenager is throwing me off! But I think your suggestions are good and that's what I'll try

Oh My! I actually had the same thing happen right when I started to lose a month before surgery (and a surprise flow evening after surgery, freaked out the male nurse I had....LOL he though my incisions were bleeding!) But, it was brownish, like it was old? I have PCOS so 'regular' for me is just a word in the dictionary! I also attribute it to the change in meds, at my pre-op testing the doctor took me off most of my metformin, so that might have been a factor too.

I also had the same thing, prior to surgery I had an iud that up and ran away. Then I had a month long period that was the heaviest I’ve ever experienced in my life. My surgery was August, my hysteroscopy to find out why I was bleeding so heavily was December. Turns out I have adenomiosis and the only treatment was to get another iud which I’m at a higher risk of expelling since the first expelled. It’s either that, wait for menopause or have a hysterectomy. So far the new IUD is working. Fingers crossed the little bugger stays in place this time.