Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi fellow May sleevers! I am so glad to see so many of you doing well. For those who mentioned struggling, have things gotten any better?

Weight loss has been on the slower side for me, but I’m personally okay with that. I had surgery on May14th, and to date have lost 37lbs, 20 of which was the first 2 weeks lol! But I am happy with my results. For me it’s more about how I feel. And how do I feel? AMAZING!

I have NO pain. No knee pain, no back pain, it’s all gone.

I’ve joined a gym. An intense gym that kills me. Kills me so bad, but I keep going back!

I can do lunges and squats and still walk afterwards. I may have trouble sitting the next two days but I make it work.

I can shop in REGULAR people sections :) still an 18 but not an 18w! There is a difference!

I can ride a bike without feeling like my oversized bum swallows the seat LOL.

I can run without dying. Or knocking myself out with the rebound of my chest! I don’t even have to wear two bras anymore!!!!!

I’m consuming about 60-75g Protein depending on exercise, and 100-110oz Water. My face is slimmer and my wedding band fits again.

All in all, life is good 😊

I had sleeve surgery on May 2nd. First month was pure hell. No major issues but what a struggle each day was. Self inflicted restriction hit me hard. I kept asking myself everyday why I would have done this to myself..My whole life people tried to hurt me or take advantage. I had a hard time accepting that everything I was going through was self inflicted. I was angry at myself and everyone else also. I was really angry at people that were eating!! One day at a time, each day got better and I feel normal again.
Still going through issues, like DRY hair and Hair loss and extreme Constipation. Started walking and swimming, getting stronger each day.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

I’m losing pounds so slooooowly but my body seems to be shifting around nicely and I’m dropping sizes so...not really complaining. I’m now at 23 pounds down from my May 17th surgery. My BMI is 3 pounds away from no longer being overweight.
Meanwhile, in the last week my husband has had a minor heart attack requiring a stent followed by an aneurysm at the sight of the cardiac catheter.
I’ve still managed to take care of the both of us, and stay on track food-wise.   He’s finally home and doing well. 🙂
This sleeve makes dealing with life so much easier in so many ways for me.

@screwballski wow! Your situation is SO similar to mine. My husband had a series of heart attacks that ended up in an emergency bypass 2 weeks prior to my own surgery. I took care of both of us too :)

WOW..... You two, kayo7 and swewballinsky, are amazing woman and wife's!! Your posts sure woke me up. Im now off my pity party!
I'm grateful for this surgery and 2nd chance to live a longer healthier life. Thank you both for sharing!!

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

On 7/21/2018 at 7:20 PM, Kay07 said:

Hi fellow May sleevers! I am so glad to see so many of you doing well. For those who mentioned struggling, have things gotten any better?

It is awesome to hear that you are seeing so many non scale victories!

I committed myself to focusing more on my NSVs in the last two weeks, which has helped me get away from some of the negative feelings I was spiraling into due to my "slow" progress. In the mean time, my weight loss started to pick back up. I actually lost 5.8 lbs in the last two weeks, which is amazing. I switched trainers, and workout methods, and it seems to have woken up my metabolism.

NSVs:

• I have found that I can do just about any physical activity without getting winded in the first minute or two, though I haven't tried any long cardio endurance tests just yet. I am happy to be able to make it through my Personal Training sessions and 30-45 min cardio sessions without giving up.
  • I dropped from a size 24/26 to a size 18 pants and from a 3X Plus size to an XL Women's size tops.
  • My feet are getting smaller already :lol:
  • I can sit in arm chairs with ease.
  • My eating and Vitamin taking habits are becoming second nature. I'm working on Water still!
  • People are starting to ask me for advice on Snacks and what to eat. (Me, really, did you just ask ME that?)
  • I lost 7 inches!! off of the largest circumference of my body that I have been tracking.
  • I cleaned out my closet of everything that is too big and donated to my mom and sister. I had 7 trash bags of clothes and shoes that I will hopefully NEVER be able to fit into again.
  • I moved up two notches on my watch band. I am losing weight in my hands and arms like crazy!

On 07/23/2018 at 11:20, SueperGal said:

It is awesome to hear that you are seeing so many non scale victories!

I committed myself to focusing more on my NSVs in the last two weeks, which has helped me get away from some of the negative feelings I was spiraling into due to my "slow" progress. In the mean time, my weight loss started to pick back up. I actually lost 5.8 lbs in the last two weeks, which is amazing. I switched trainers, and workout methods, and it seems to have woken up my metabolism.

NSVs:

• I have found that I can do just about any physical activity without getting winded in the first minute or two, though I haven't tried any long cardio endurance tests just yet. I am happy to be able to make it through my Personal Training sessions and 30-45 min cardio sessions without giving up.

• I dropped from a size 24/26 to a size 18 pants and from a 3X Plus size to an XL Women's size tops.

• My feet are getting smaller already :lol:

• I can sit in arm chairs with ease.

• My eating and Vitamin taking habits are becoming second nature. I'm working on Water still!

• People are starting to ask me for advice on Snacks and what to eat. (Me, really, did you just ask ME that?)

• I lost 7 inches!! off of the largest circumference of my body that I have been tracking.

• I cleaned out my closet of everything that is too big and donated to my mom and sister. I had 7 trash bags of clothes and shoes that I will hopefully NEVER be able to fit into again.

• I moved up two notches on my watch band. I am losing weight in my hands and arms like crazy!

Spectacular! I’m so happy for you. I know how wonderful it feels.

How is everyone doing? Just checking in!

Spectacular here!
How are you doing?

I'm doing good 10 day post op it's getting better walking every morning 30 minutes just tiered of liquid phase ready to move on to the purée phase. One issue I'm having is a lot of itching around my stomach area I will call my doctor office in the am

im

I'm officially 3 months out and everything feels so much easier now! The first month or so was definitely rough.

The struggle:

• I still haven't quite hit 800 calories a day and I am supposed to be stepping up to 1000. I am hitting my 90 g Protein goal, but the struggle is on every day to up those calories.
  • I started losing hair about 2 weeks ago. It is a lot.
  • My weight loss is completely inconsistent week to week but going down overall.

New NSVs:

• I went on The Hulk (Rollercoaster) at Universal Studios :lol:. Not a modified seat, a regular seat!! I was able to clip in the seatbelt myself! This is huge for me since last time I rode I was in a modified seat and had to have two guys come press down the chest harness to clip me in. Then I gained another 20 lbs and couldn't ride at all.
  • My social anxiety is starting to go away. I went into a crowded restaurant this weekend and was not freaking out the whole time about taking up too much space or having to walk past people.
  • I adjusted my office chair to move the arm rests in.

I'm very happy for all of us. There have been struggles and learning curves along the way, but we're all headed in the right direction. YAY!!! From surgery date 5/3/18, I've lost 36 pounds. I lost 10 pre op, so 46 total. I know others have lost more but I'm happy with that as I've had a lot of NSV's myself. I'm very grateful for each and every one of them! The BEST one is that I'm able to move more easily and can breathe better. That alone is worth it. Plus, I'm 65 and was told my post menopausal metabolism would make it more difficult to get weight off.

My nutritionist still hasn't given me any calories goals or Protein goals. ??? Only 60 ounces of liquids daily and eat protein first. I'm glad I have this forum as I've been getting the 800 calories and at least 70 grams of protein a day that I've seen suggested here. For whatever reason, the nutritionist I have is practically useless.

All in all, I'm happy with my progress so far. I do hope that, even if it's very slow, I'll get at least 30 more pounds off. We'll see!

My Surgery was May 3, and I am down 49lbs. My tool is working for me, I just ignor all of the negative talk about how we should all be losing faster. I feel that we will lose it when we lose it, come off slow makes less of a hanging skin effect, at least I think so.

10 hours ago, Native Girl said:

My Surgery was May 3, and I am down 49lbs. My tool is working for me, I just ignor all of the negative talk about how we should all be losing faster. I feel that we will lose it when we lose it, come off slow makes less of a hanging skin effect, at least I think so.

I agree, I think we all feel that need to lose as fast as possible but we all have our own separate journeys, all going at our own pace.

I have lost about 40lbs after surgery on the 14th of May and my skin is looking ok so not too disheartened about the time it is taking!

I just feel So Much Better. In all ways. sleeping better, moving better, working with a personal trainer, everything. Knees don't hurt, easy to get out of the bathtub, can tie my own shoes easily. All the things that were so awful before are so much better. I feel like a new person.