Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 7/13/2018 at 7:33 AM, CJL1414 said:

Hi. I’m new here. I was sleeved May 7. Everything has been going good. Struggle with Protein and Water but have been feeling great. Except for the gat 5 days. I get these waves of nausea throughout the day. I can barely eat two bites of food at a time. Doesn’t matter what I eat, when I eat and when you drink. Could it be heartburn? There is no pain or burning sensation in my throat. Just a nauseous feeling in the middle of my stomach. Anyone else feel something like this?

Yes, probably gas. I had it horribly until I started taking a Zantac every morning and a Nexium every evening. Now I'm fine!

I had a sleeve on 5/23. I have processed through the stages of food and just started back on “regular” food. I am struggling with getting back to exercise. I have lost 42 pounds since surgery, but I feel I should be further along.

I had surgery on the 14th of May. I have lost roughly 30 lbs since surgery day but almost 50 lbs since the start of this journey.

I am 5ft 9 and weighed 304 at the start, or for people in the uk, 21' 10 :)

I had a couple of stalls which were beyond frustrating! but, I knew they would happen so I just carried on drinking the Water and eating the Protein and going for my daily walk. On average, I am losing about 1.5 to 2lbs a week after the initial dramatic weight loss immediately after surgery.

I am very very happy with how my body is responding so far. Yes I do get envious when I see people posting they have lost 60lbs + in the same amount of time as I lost 30 lbs, who wouldn't! but I accept we are all different and that its not a race. Congrats to all so far who had surgery in May, well done!

Thank you for sharing that about the MM’s. It is so interesting that you experienced that because I had a similar experience with eating trail mix and a brownie in bite size pieces. Sugar is the devil!!! I will not fail at this. I am in a stall for almost 3 Weeks now but I had this surgery to make sure I succeed. Sure, candy and sweets taste good but the feeling I have about being a failure is not worth it.

On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 12:00 PM, Happy2lose13 said:

Supergal we are in exactly the same boat, same surgery date and same loss numbers. Do you mind me asking your weight on surgery date and height? I too am struggling with Constipation. What are you using to treat it?

Try this. I bought it on Amazon and its powder. I mix a capful into what I am drinking and it has worked well for me. What has also worked well is 40 minutes on the treadmill. I have not had to use the restoraLAX since I have started exercising regularly. Movement and exercise really does promote a bowel movement. I also add spinach, beets and those kinds of veg to my smoothie and I eat Beans all of which to add Fiber to my diet which helps keep constipation away

Separately, try not to compare weight loss numbers of persons who started surgery at a much higher weight than you. The higher the weight at surgery day the faster the initial lbs come off

lax.jpg

Edited by BajanSleeve

I had surgery May 28th. I am doing well. I am going into week 7 and pretty much eating regular food but only a very little and still not managing chicken or beef unless they are blended. I have thrown up a couple of times and I suspect it was because I had a lot of gas at the time I ate and I likely ate too quickly. There were a few days when I ate crap that was left over in the house pre surgery and from my parents visit (they stayed with me 3 weeks after surgery) but I am back on track.

I have found that weight is moving better now that I have started to exercise. I do 40 minutes on the treadmill and I have started to mow my own lawns with a push mower (over an acre!!!) Its about 3 to 4 hours of mowing the last 2 days and I have lost 2 lbs just from that. So exercise really does help get WL going

I still suffer with bad gas and its still very uncomfortable . I have not really had acid reflux at all, just a few times in the early days. I still have to learn how to control how much I eat because I get terribly full and feel crappy after. instead of 3 small meatballs I should eat only 2. I tend to still prefer liquids, smoothies and have learned to make ones 200 cals and under that are nutrient dense. People say not to eat peanuts but they have saved my life in terms of things that make me satiated. I eat small bags that are 160 calories and perfect. I chew the heck out of them

I am down 40 lbs as of today and very pleased with that! Looking to loose 10 lbs each month

I was sleeved May 7. I’ve lost 44 pounds since surgery and 90 pounds total since January. I’ve had 2 stalls, one recently over the week of the 4th of July(too much junk). I’m vert pleased with the results. I’ve been very fortunate to not have too many issues with pretty much any food. chicken is a little tough for me(especially when dry). Spicy foods I avoid like the plague

May 15 sleever here. I'm down 35 pounds. Weight loss has not been steady; I tend to stall for a few days, then lose a couple of pounds overnight. Sure I wish I were losing faster, but my blood pressure and resting heart rate have improved dramatically, and it's easier to exercise, so I'm happy with that. My lactose intolerance has been worse than ever, so it's sometimes a challenge to meet the Protein goals without dairy. And I've had more hunger than I expected. But overall I think I'm doing pretty well.

Went to the hair dresser last week, 9 1/2 weeks out from surgery, and she commented that I'm losing a lot of hair. :56_anguished: Since then I have noticed more hair at the drain when I get out of the shower and also on the floor after i blow dry. I've been taking Biotin since day one and my Protein has been mostly impeccable, except for the first week or two. I did ask my nutritionist about this possibility last month when I saw her and she said that in her 7 years working with weight loss surgery clients she's heard people complain and be scared about this but has never actually noticed Hair loss on anyone. She said everyone still looks the same. I specifically asked if the hair loss would be like chemotherapy and she adamantly said "NO! Nothing like that!" I sure hope she's right!!!

I'm here to Celebrate a non weight loss victory! I mowed my lawn last week! I have just over an acre and its not all flat terrain and I did it over a 3 day period and it was NOT easy. Just 2 months ago I could not stand up for more than 5 minutes without needing to sit. I could hardly move from the car and up the ramp to my front door. And here I am mowing over an acre with a push lawn mower. Lemme tell yuh, that is a major victory and feels so good. It feels so good to 'feel' my body again even though I am still quite large. I just have energy now and can move and get things done - I am starting to be able to do life again :D

Here I am mowing away with the rain about to pour and having a laugh with myself

mow.jpg

I was sleeved 5/22. Doing pretty well. Down 26 pounds since surgery day. I have a hard time eating sometimes, I get sick to my stomach a lot. I can eat something one day and it makes me sick the next. I have to measure everything because if I eat a bite over 2 oz I also get sick.

Some days I can go and go and some days I am to tired to function.

My depression has lifted. I feel much happier overall. I am back to working out and going to my dance class. It feels good to fit in clothes I couldn't wear anymore.

I'm down 55lbs which I feel good about. However, I don't yet have the energy, endurance, and strength I had prior to surgery which is super frustrating for me. I have returned to my personal trainer and am hoping I can say differently in the next few months.

Sleeved on 5/11. Down 35 lb since surgery. Don't have any problems with reflux. However, trying to find the motivation to exercise. And the will to eat better. I too notice that I can eat a lot more bad food than good in a single sitting. Which can get frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi All. I'm now 2.5 months post op (sleeved 2nd May) and doing well other than having caught a few nasty cold/viruses along the way (mid-winter here).

I dropped below 100kg a few weeks ago, and am now sitting at 95kg (209lb). I try to get close to 1000 calories a day, and get at least 75g Protein. I still struggle to get in all the liquids I should be but am most of the way there.

I expect it will still be slow progressive loss from now on, but I'm happy to be almost half way down to my goal. It would be great to shed another 20+kg by Christmas.