Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery 5/23 as well. Not sure what my weight loss is right now. It was 23 down at 2 weeks but I don't go until next week for next weigh in.....hopefully a decent loss. I'm on solid food and doing good. Glad everyone is doing well. Good luck!

Hi! I was sleeved on 5/22 and I was able to move to solid foods about a week ago. I'm down 40 pounds! Woohoo! I workout at the gym every day for about an hour and a half, which I was already doing way before surgery. I took 5 days off right after surgery and then went right back to it! My biggest problem as of right now is that at least once a day I get very sick, usually around noon. It's after I've had my Breakfast and usually a midmorning snack. My starting weight was 235 and I'm 5'3. I'm wearing shorts I haven't worn in almost 5 years and they're getting too big! Having great victories both on the scale and off!

I was sleeved May 22nd. I am on regular diet now, and I am also exercising. I feel great, just waiting for more numbers on the scale to come down. So far I have lost 40 pounds.

Edited by Mrs. Rob

I had my VSG on May 16th, I am down 25 pounds so far from surgery weight of 205. My HW was 231 in December, so overall a total of 51 pounds. I just started adding solid foods and I seem to stick to the softer vegetables, yogurt and cottage cheese with very little chicken. I can handle tuna but that's about it for meat right now. I can't eat refried Beans anymore they gag me now. I still have two Protein Drinks a day and my calories are between 500 and 700 a day. I feel great and can't believe the changes my body has made. I was wearing a size 18 and now a size 12 is getting loose. I am so thankful I had this surgery and look forward to a long, healthy life. Good luck to all of us!

Hello!

Sleeved 05/31. I have lost 11lbs since surgery, yes not a lot but I have been in a stall the last two weeks and I know the scale will start moving again. My body is like WTF, is happening?! with losing 17lbs pre op and 11lbs post op in a months time so I am okay with my post op progress.

I feel pretty good. Two weeks post op was a turning point for me. I got my energy back and I haven't encountered any dips in my mood which I was worried about. I am tolerating most foods I have tried fairly well. I am so excited about this process and really look forward to what my life is going to look like a year out. I was just so tired of my weight holding me back!

On 6/26/2018 at 10:09 AM, apositivelife4me said:

I was sleeved May 9 and have only lost 18 pounds. I joined a gym and worked out yesterday hoping that will increase my weight losss. Here I had 85% of my stomach removed and have only lost 18 pounds. What a waste!.

Ugh same 😑. I was sleeved on May 7th and at first I thought I was a weight loss rockstar and it was going to come off easy as long as I followed the plan... I’ve lost 28 lbs so far (I’m 5’11” so I feel like I should have lost more) but 20 were in the first 2 weeks and it’s been SO SLOW since. On the plus side, I feel great, but it’s still a scary thought that maybe this isn’t going to work.

I had my sleeve may 29th so far I’m feeling good. I feel like some days I eat too much because I’m trying to get my Protein and meet my calories count. I get around 580-700 sometimes 800 and I feel like it’s too much but my dietician wants me around 6-700. I’ve only lost about 13lbs 😔 she said I’m right where i should be but idk. I was told at least 20lbs should be lost. I’m a month post op today and I’m afraid if I continue to eat that many calories my sleeve would fail.

@melloyellow I was stuck at around 13-15 lbs for my first 3 weeks and now this last week I’m down a total of 21 from my sleeve date of 5/29. Don’t lose hope, I felt the same as you and then suddenly I started dropping again

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 10:59 PM, Happy2lose13 said:

I had sleeve on 5/29. The first few weeks I felt great and had lots of energy. I started soft foods a week ago and I’m feeling more sluggish and tired. I know my body is adjusting but it’s frustrating. I’ve also only lost 16 pounds in 4 weeks, I thought I would have lost more. I was 233 day of surgery (5’4”, 46 years old female). How many calories are you taking in during soft food stage?

Happy, when your starting weight is lower the weight loss numbers are not as bulk as the folks who start with a heavy number. You have lost 4 lbs every week and that is not too bad at all. When I reach your STARTING weight I would be ecstatic to loose 4 lbs a week :)

I am 4 weeks 3 days post op. I am feeling SO good! I have more energy likely due to loosing 32 lbs and bringing my blood sugar levels more under control. I struggle with gas BADLY! Today I had such bad gas that I vomited when I tried to drink my Soup. That was my fault because I did not have anything at all until 12:30 so the gas built up big time. Lesson learned.

I went through a 10 day stall at the end of 3 weeks where I did not loose any weight. But it broke and I have lost almost 5 lbs since. My clothing is very loose, I have to change underwear size and some pants I cant wear at all. I have gone down 2 pants size. I went through my box of clothing I put in there because they were too small and washed a whole bunch of things. One pair of pants is even slightly big so I better get some wear out of them. It feels SO GOOD to fit into my smaller sizes.

I don't track my calories exactly because I make homemade Soups and don't know what calories they actually are per serving. Its usually 1 1/2 to 2 cups that I drink. I have not been totally strict with myself either. I will eat some dark chocolate and I ate one of two tiny bite pecan thingies. I am guessing I eat between 700 to 900 calories a day.

Still cant seem to eat meat and certainly not eggs (they hurt!) I need to be more strict with waiting 30 minutes after I eat before I drink

I was 5/14 and today I'm down exactly 40 lbs from the weight I was at my doctor's office on 4/14 when I said, Never Again. Yay! Two clothes sizes down; I took two giant Hefty bags filled with clothes to Goodwill. And you know what I noticed? they were all black and gray and long and bulky -- "hiding" clothes.

Never Again to that, too! I'm buying one or two pieces at a time, in colors, and no more bulky hiding stuff.

Tuesday I tried yoga for the first time and yesterday I had my first session with a personal trainer. I'm going to do everything I can to make this succeed!! (Even if it includes a lifetime dependence on Nexium.)

Good luck, everyone--it's so good to read your stories and feel like we're all in this together!

I had my Band to Sleeve revision on May 17. I weighed 180 (30 BMI) on day of surgery. I weigh 160 today at 5 weeks out. I’ve been stalled for a week but I’ve stopped stressing about things I can’t control. I’m already halfway to my goal!

Not having any trouble with any foods as long as I chew everything to purée consistently.  I had a band for over a decade, that’s just second nature.  I don’t often get hungry but when I do, very small portions of Protein rich foods fill me right up.  I’m so pleased with this choice.

I was sleeved May 10th and lost 30 lbs so far. I struggle getting the Protein in. Got 60g in only ones so far and about 600 calories about twice. When I try to eat more, I can’t drink enough. How do you guys manage to get in the food/protein and the fluids of 64 oz? I would love to exercise but my surgeon said that I should have a calorie intake of a minimum of 800.

06/30/2018 02:44 AM, Minerva1113 said:

I was sleeved May 10th and lost 30 lbs so far. I struggle getting the Protein in. Got 60g in only ones so far and about 600 calories about twice. When I try to eat more, I can’t drink enough. How do you guys manage to get in the food/protein and the fluids of 64 oz? I would love to exercise but my surgeon said that I should have a calorie intake of a minimum of 800.
I can manage to get in 60 to 70 grams of Protein a day using a shake in the morning and eggs/meat in small amounts later in day. If I still need more a bit of ricotta or creamy Peanut Butter gets me there. But I never hit the 90 grams they want me to and getting in over 800 calories a day seems impossible to me without eating crap. I average 400-450. Meanwhile, I use juice Plus capsules for fruit and veggies. I have no real desire for anything sweet right now. Even fruit. Everything still has too much flavor. (5 weeks out).  Liquids are easier than they had been...this Texas heat forces me to drink all day long!

31 minutes ago, Screwballski said:

But I never hit the 90 grams they want me to

Wow, 90 grams is a lot, and you're only 5'6" - I'm 5'11" and the nutritionist told me 75-80.