Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got sleeved on May 23. Doing pretty well. I'm on the soft food diet till next week. Looking to see how others are doing...

I had sleeve on 5/29. The first few weeks I felt great and had lots of energy. I started soft foods a week ago and I’m feeling more sluggish and tired. I know my body is adjusting but it’s frustrating. I’ve also only lost 16 pounds in 4 weeks, I thought I would have lost more. I was 233 day of surgery (5’4”, 46 years old female). How many calories are you taking in during soft food stage?

I had my sleeve on 24 May and I’m on solid foods now. Back at work and looking forward to exercising this week. I’m trying hard not to focus on the scales cause I had a big drop in week one but nothing much since. Hope you’re all doing well.

I was sleeved May 22nd. I am on regular diet now. I have been avoiding the scale but at my 1 week post-op I was down 19 pounds. I have my 1 month+ post-op this week. I don't think the scale budged much since the 1 week and I don't want to get discouraged so I am avoiding it. I can feel the difference and notice it with different things.

The food is still a work in progress. I find chicken is difficult...tends to hurt. Hopefully that will get better over time. I can only get in about 2 oz of Protein and maybe a few bites of a fruit/veggie. Some days I can't even get the fruit/veggie in. Still doing 2 Protein Drinks daily right now.

I'm not eating chicken till next week. As for calories, I think it's around 500. I have been using myfitnesspal to log the food, but it seems to differ from what the nutritionist told me...

I was sleeved May 9 and have only lost 18 pounds. I joined a gym and worked out yesterday hoping that will increase my weight losss. Here I had 85% of my stomach removed and have only lost 18 pounds. What a waste!.

I'm am doing ok. Had period of pains here and there. I was moved to "regular" foods yesterday and I am just trying to slowly incorporate things to see how much tummy reacts. I am down 50 lbs woo hoo. Haven't started Vitamins because I was getting sick off them. I Ordered Patches as a last resort, we will see how that goes once I get them.

I was sleeved May 29th, so officially 4 weeks out now. I have lost 18 lbs so far since surgery (only .8 last week). I think I hit a little minor stall here, so hopefully it picks back up this week. It would have taken me months of hard dieting to do this on my own before.

I just hit the puree stage and have never been more thrilled about a few bites of fat free refried Beans.

My surgeon released me for exercise during my second week, so I have been hitting the gym with a personal trainer for the last two weeks.

I was at around 350 calories until this week and just jumped to 450 with the purees.

No major complications so far, except: terrible Constipation (being treated), and acid reflux (asking surgeon about this on Thursday).

Supergal we are in exactly the same boat, same surgery date and same loss numbers. Do you mind me asking your weight on surgery date and height? I too am struggling with Constipation. What are you using to treat it?

Hi @Happy2lose13, no problem at all. I get so excited seeing other people in the same boat. I am 5'7" and according to my scale, I was 272 on surgery day.

If your Constipation is still manageable, meaning you can go on your own, my surgeon recommended Colace twice per day. Not sure why I wasn't taking these from day once since I already had constipation before surgery. Anyway, I got to the point where I was not able to go and had to go to the emergency room for help. I am on a prescription laxative right now for 10 days and then switching back to Colace after. So far, the issue has been resolved. I have seen a few people ask about this in other areas of the forum and everyone has different recommendations, so check those out too if you are interested :-).

I was sleeved May 23. Down 26 lbs. My starting weight was 224 lbs, height 5'7.

I am on regular foods since June 23. Since then I eat about 900-1000 kcal per day and try to hit my Protein goal of 90 g every day. This is not easy! I eat a lot of small meals throughout the day, including some Protein Shakes, but I try to start eating more real food now.

I track my food with myfitnesspal and keep my carbs low, 20-40 g per day. I try to walk 10 000 steps each day.

Week 1 and 2 I ate 400 kcal per day and week 3 and 4 I ate 550-700 kcal per day, all according to the instructions I was given by my dr.

Overall this surgery has been a very positive event in my life. I haven't yet experienced any pain or vomiting. Just some light-headedness 1-2 weeks post op. This got better when I started to add some more salt to my food and drank more Water.

No Constipation, I take 2 pills of magnesium each night before going to bed.

I am really hopeful that the weight loss will continue and that the hunger will say asleep. Maybe I could really reach my ultimate goal weight which is 155.

Surgery was May 18th. I’m feeling great and learning as I go along. I’m 5’9” and weighed in at 258.8 when I started the liquid diet on 5/11. When I weighed in on 6/26 I was 226.5. That’s 32.3 lbs and I’ve lost about 10-15 inches overall. I’m happy The my weightloss is slow and steady. I’m already starting to see jiggly or sagging skin, so I’ve incorporated light weights and walking. Looking forward to regular foods this weekend but still weary because I don’t want to feel sick. Shrimp and fish have been my bestfriend so far.

Hey everyone. I was sleeved on 5/29, 4 weeks ago today. I'm down 17 pounds since surgery, plus 8 pounds during the pre-op diet, for a total of 25. But I've only lost maybe 2 pounds in the last week.

My only real issue has been Constipation. I take colace. I started Metamucil last week, which seemed to help.

I started the soft food diet last night. I haven't had any trouble with foods so far. I still drink 1 Protein Shake a day to help get my Protein in.

I'm struggling with my energy level, which also means that I'm not exercising like I should. So that's a work in progress.

And getting in all my Water is a challenge. Trying to drink, but have a 30-minute window before and after eating, plus getting in all my Vitamins and prescription pills.... It can be too much.

I'm averaging around 800 calories a day.

Overall, though, I'm happy so far. :)

Hi everyone. I was sleeved 2nd May so I'm now 8 weeks out and have been on solids from week 5. Eating is going well. I had been getting about 700-800 calories a day but I"m trying to get that up to 1000 a day now. I always make my Protein target of 75g+ but haven't been getting enough Water in the last few weeks, getting a little over half of my target some days, 3/4 others, so that's something for me to work on this week. I am eating mostly fresh-cooked foods plus a couple of protein supplements (protein water made with brewed ice fruit tea, collagen hydrolysate in my morning coffee, and sometimes a Protein Bar as a meal or snack if I don't feel like eating much). I am not trying for very low carb, as I want my diet to be sustainable in the long term, and want to include sufficient veggies and complex carbs like wholemeal breads and slow cooked rolled oats porridge etc.

I haven't had any real issues with foods, though some things I just haven't liked the taste of. I'm sampling a few diet read-made meals at the moment so I have some nice-tasting fall backs for times I'm not up to cooking, plus freezing a few home cooked meals in my portion size (like the delish beef and red wine casserole I made the other day).

I started planning for sleeve early this year at 121kg (highest weight 124kg mid last year), was 111kg by surgery day and just cracked the under-100kg mark a few days ago woot! Like many others, my pattern seems to be staying around the same for a week or two, then dropping several kilos the next week once my body lets go of the excess water, so I refuse to stress about scales failing to drop for a while. I know I'm doing the right things and the weight loss will continue in it's own pattern, hopefully all the way down to 60kg. Aunt flo is due again soon so I expect to retain Fluid for a bit again shortly.

Amusingly, I can no longer wear my comfy soft-cup bra tops any more (which I sleep in as well as was wearing most days, a carry over from all the years stuck in maternity bras) as from last week "the girls" kept falling out the bottom of them at inappropriate times! LOL, my 9yo daughter found it hilarious when I showed her. Thank goodness it happened under a thick winter jacket when it happened at school drop off! I must have suddenly lost more size around my underbust area (and I can't wear the next size down ones, 12-14, as they won't contain my giant boobs). I now have to get used to wearing some of my remaining proper fitting underwire bras again (it's hard to get affordable and comfy bras when you are sized 16G - I doubt I'll lose much in cup size with the weight loss as was a 12E-F cup at 13 years old, but I look forward to a breast lift and reduction once I'm at goal!).

Lovely to hear how everyone else is doing. Remember not to compare your losses with anyone else, as all of our bodies are so different!

EDIT: WOOHOO! today's weigh in puts me under BMI 40 finally... *happy dance*

Edited by Taoz

So happy to see you posting out here again, been too doggone long.You have a way of always cheering,me up, perhaps next month my surgery will be completed and I will be an overjoyed person.👼🙊🙉🙈